TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

"They offered me a chance to leave torture. I said no. I was tortured harder than ever before for the next four years."

"Please trust in my judgement."

HAH

His speech sounds like one of those papers you write where you just bullshit your way through and end up repeating things like the 2nd paragraph in.

Guest דניא&#15

I thought it was pretty good. A few good moments, a lot of familiar stuff, some nice and humble admissions of failure. It doesn't matter. Everyone's minds are made up already. If you chant O-ba-ma, you hated it. If you chant U-S-A, you loved it. It could've been worse.

They had this awesome enormous TV screen that I hoped they would do so much more with, besides just constantly waving a flag loop. The fireworks are the most original thing they did with that big motherfucker.

Palin always does the beauty queen wave of waving with your wrist forwards and your fingertips pointing back. She needs to learn the Queen Elizabeth II wave where you cup your hand and then move it like you're using it as an ice cream scoop.

And now, Barracuda by Heart. A song by a Canadian folk rock band that came from the Vietnam era. Kind of, er, not a McCain song really.

What was the purpose of the speech?

It was pretty much, we're going to win. Well okay, why? And I love the US and I will do everything to help it? Well, how?

If you chant O-ba-ma, you hated it. If you chant U-S-A, you loved it.

What the fuck is this bullshit. There were several U-S-A chants at the DNC, and Yes We Can chants at the RNC.

That was like the most transparent of veiled attempt of saying Dems aren't patriotic.

Guest דניא&#15
If you chant O-ba-ma, you hated it. If you chant U-S-A, you loved it.

What the fuck is this bullshit. There were several U-S-A chants at the DNC, and Yes We Can chants at the RNC.

That was like the most transparent of veiled attempt of saying Dems aren't patriotic.

Ease up, pitbull; I was much more irritated by the jingoistic U-S-A chanting all night.

PBS guy gives the delegate demographics: 93% white, 5% hispanic, 2% black.

Big Tent Party!

Are you looking for an apology here? I don't get the point of people acting surprised that Republicans are mostly white.

Left-leaning guy on PBS: "He's using phrases like failed administration and do-nothing. This is not his best speech, he made a better speech when endorsing Bob Dole in 1996. If you read this speech not knowing what it was, you'd think it was delivered by an insurgent candidate going against an entrenched incumbent who has been in power for twelve years."

The right-leaning guy agrees.

Are you looking for an apology here? I don't get the point of people acting surprised that Republicans are mostly white.

Not an apology. Just maybe some thinking about why that is.

I mean, every other right-winger at least does the "we ended slavery" argument and insists that the party is a "big tent." This kind of like, made the GOP look like what Democrats mock it as.

This is the GOP we Democrats have been waiting for: pretty much everyone but rich and frighteningly religious driven white people have left the party.

Let me just reiterate this point: THIS IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENTIAL RACE EVER! I may sound like Tim Russert, but regardless if you're a Democrat, Republican, or Independent, you gotta love this stuff.

...probably not so much if you are an Independent.

Guest דניא&#15

Jobber seems like the kind of white person who just spits the words "white people."

Jobber seems like the kind of white person who just spits the words "white people."

No, I kind of laugh.

If it gives you any clue, I'm amused by the site "Stuff White People Like," and can identify with some of it, but don't visit it very often.

The content was strong. Back to the straight-talk.

Wasn't too well spoken though, which I worry a little about. He'll do better in the debates.

No, I kind of laugh.

If it gives you any clue, I'm amused by the site "Stuff White People Like," and can identify with some of it, but don't visit it very often.

Serious lolz.

He'll do better in the debates.

There's a town hall style debate and he's very strong on those. The foreign policy debate could go either way, candidates aren't supposed to attack each other as much as answer the question (though they tend to say "I'll answer that but first..." and then attack until their time is up) but if he does that too much and doesn't answer any questions because he keeps eating up his time attacking then it looks bad.

The economy forum, he's going to get nuked on. The VP forum, he's probably going to get nuked on. He has to work uphill to make it a draw.

The debates will be the final nail in McCain's coffin. Not because McCain isn't knowledgable about the issues or doesn't have intelligent things to say, but just the contrast between the two men in terms of presentation.

Sign in to follow this