TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

It seems like you forgot that Bush already bamboozled Americans into voting him to be president TWICE. Now that they have the pin up girl for the party I'm surprised they're not 10 points ahead.

It seems like you forgot that Bush already bamboozled Americans into voting him to be president TWICE. Now that they have the pin up girl for the party I'm surprised they're not 10 points ahead.

20 really. I mean... she's pretty hot.

The whole "hockey mom" "soccer mom" "small town politics" notions are bullshit ANYWAY.

Last time I checked, big cities also have a PTA, kids that play sports and mom's who coach/chaperone etc etc etc.

It is a total farce that because Palin was a "hockey mom" that she somehow knows "small town politics" better.

Fuck all you guys. I can't tell anyone who is or is not hot, but Sarah Palin is not hot. I've explained this before, but Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air from a male-dominated arena. She's not 70. She's 44, and, for better or for worse, does not look like Margaret Thatcher. She's 44. She's one misstep from the slippery slope that Joan Rivers fell down.

542389855_811a187e7b.jpg

No thank you. She's old enough to be some of our mothers, and not in a MILF way, because most MILFs are in their 30s anyways. She's given birth to like 5 children or something ridiculous like that, and is batshit insane/stupid.

People vote for the top of the ticket.

If its this close after the first debate, I'll admit it looks grim for my team.

Everyone in the media is basically saying that McCain doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would survive his entire term and that's why the party is rabidly behind Palin now. She NEVER would have been able to win the nomination, but this way she might just slide her way into the White House on the ticket of someone the conservatives don't really care for anyway. It's win/win for them if they get to keep Obama out and have a decent chance that they might just get a few years of a Palin presidency as well.

If its this close after the first debate, I'll admit it looks grim for my team.

It won't be. McCain'll have a good showing in the town hall-style debate (mostly because the media has decided he's better in this environment), but that's it. The domestic policy debate will shred him to pieces and foreign affairs debate will be a draw at best. There's a lot happening on this planet that concerns America other than in Iraq, and Johnny B. Good can't even keep the people in that country straight. The VP debate will be considered a resounding victory by RISING STAR SARAH PALIN (see what I did there Czech) because she won't burst into flames.

The American Voter is unrelentingly dumb and votes against its own interests like clockwork. How many elections before you come to grips with this, SuperJerk?

What they need to hit her on is the fact that she won't grant anyone an interview and is hiding out in Alaska. Go after her on that! Call her out and say that we've got a VP nominee who we know nothing about and who refuses to answer any questions about herself. They can really box her in and force her to start going on TV where she'll probably make a gaffe and say something stupid an also will be forced to talk about her crazy abortion views and her other extreme positions.

It's funny to me that, to pro-choicers, any pro-lifer has a "crazy abortion view." Believe it or not, thinking that abortion is a form of murder, not birth control, is not a crazy view -- just a VIEW, numbnuts.

I get really sick of hearing both the conservative and liberal sides acting like they're offended at all other viewpoints in the universe. People have different ideas than other people about what is best to run a country, so maybe you should just deal with it.

The American Voter is unrelentingly dumb and votes against its own interests like clockwork.

Communist much? I'm not saying I disagree, but that's one of the most anti-democratic statements I've read.

Uh, not really. Because it's largely true. The Bush administration (elected twice into office, mind you) has pretty much turned poor people, who constitute most of the republican base on a number of issues, to 3 weeks away from resorting to mass cannibalism.

Guest דניא&#15
It's funny to me that, to pro-choicers, any pro-lifer has a "crazy abortion view." Believe it or not, thinking that abortion is a form of murder, not birth control, is not a crazy view -- just a VIEW, numbnuts.

Perhaps the view itself isn't crazy, but it manifests itself in a lot of crazy rhetoric and action.

Uh, not really. Because it's largely true. The Bush administration (elected twice into office, mind you) has pretty much turned poor people, who constitute most of the republican base on a number of issues, to 3 weeks away from resorting to mass cannibalism.

I thought we just got finished calling the Republicans nothing but rich white people. "No, you take the poor people." "Well, I don't want 'em."

I'm not quite convinced that making an obvious analysis of American electoral action relates to communism in any way.

From the guy who's sick of people calling opposing viewpoints crazy, too.

To be fair, Factcheck.org also debunks some of the charges against Palin:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

The American Voter is unrelentingly dumb and votes against its own interests like clockwork. How many elections before you come to grips with this, SuperJerk?

I've decided what's wrong with America is that most Americans learned history from high school football coaches.

Our teachers are given so little time to prepare for class as it is....let's turn the crucial task of preparing tomorrow's citizens over to someone who has even less time than the norm because they have an athletic team to run.

Good article on Newsweek's website: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/arc...to-nowhere.aspx

I had a couple of coaches for teachers who taught psychology and chemistry, and were damn good at it. Just cause you coach the team at night doesn't mean you're incapable of doing your other job during the day.

Just like the Left to focus on negativity instead of talking about how to protect the American people from the Islamofascists! Just disgusting, hateful, andalittlebitsexistifyouaskme.

What they need to hit her on is the fact that she won't grant anyone an interview and is hiding out in Alaska. Go after her on that! Call her out and say that we've got a VP nominee who we know nothing about and who refuses to answer any questions about herself. They can really box her in and force her to start going on TV where she'll probably make a gaffe and say something stupid an also will be forced to talk about her crazy abortion views and her other extreme positions.

There's two sides to this issue:

1) Opposing abortion in the case of rape or incest is REALLY extreme. Both are going to cause trauma to either mother or baby, and children of incest can often have crippling issues that may make them a debt on society. It's a lot to ask a girl who was raped by her Dad to give birth to the child, and when that child is born it's likely to be have a much harder time being adopted or finding any other alternative than a baby born under healthy circumstances.

2) Pro-life women confuzzle a lot of people, myself included. Pro-life men, at least, I can understand as a reaction to childbirth being strictly a female thing, a lot of fathers feel that a lot of power is removed from their hands regarding the choice to abort. Though it's also a child they'll have to support, their opinion is clearly second banana, and so they'd rather just remove the whole issue and not have to deal with the social faux-pas that occur when a man has an issue with what a women chooses to do with "her" child.

Pro-life women, well, there's nothing there except a strong belief in that which cannot be proven, and a lot of people are uncomfortable with people trying to get any particular view on an unproven thing recognized legally as fact, since "life begins at conception" is as unprovable a concept as an omnipotent spiritual being.

Problem is, if you really believe that Abortion = Murdering Innocent Babies, everything you just said is entirely irrelevant. That's what makes this issue so radically more polarizing than just about anything else. Pro-lifers are really serious when they say that abortion is infanticide, since they believe that life does start at conception. Pro-choicers are really serious when they say that abortion is about the woman's body, since they believe that life does not start at conception. It's that one tiny difference of opinion which leads to such a massive idealogical chasm that the supporters on either side are in complete shocked disbelief that anyone could disagree with them.

Christians really believe in a Dude who wrote out rules and will give them eternal paradise or eternal damnation after they die. Doesn't mean law reflects that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that my view is that law is imperfect, and which side of the life thing you take up, there's no getting around that. My position isn't so much that either take on the unknown is right, but that our law isn't based on the unknown.

Oh, come on, don't infantalize Christians. I hate it when people do that. I could do the same to you wether or not I agree with you, but it makes the/any debate all the more childish.

Sign in to follow this