TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I don't want ad hominem after ad hominem.

See this...

The Ambassador is SMART because she capitalizes certain WORDS in a sentence. I am glad that THIS level of intelligence has returned TO THIS message board. Random capitalization and WIKIPEDIA proves all POINTS.

I do not want this. That is a prime example of adding nothing to discussion. It's also a way to find yourself in trouble.

We'll see.

And for posts like the one I posted above, if you wanna dish it out, you better be ready to fuckin' take it. Don't bitch later. That's all I have to say.

Guest Vitamin X
You're missing the point. You said "that racist son of a bitch". What I was saying was that regardless of whether Wright is a racist or not (and, as you pointed out, from any objective viewpoint, he is) you reserve no right to bring it up as an assault or objection to his character considering you've shown considerable racism on your part as well.

No.

Once more, YOU are missing the point. Whether or not Wright is a racist is the point at issue. I can freely bring it up regardless of anything I have said in the past and it has ZERO bearing on the facts, because the ONLY facts which are relevant are Wright's sermons, lectures, and expressed opinions. MY opinions about any race have nothing to do with Wright.

sigh.

Okay, let me explain this to you one more time. YOU SAID "RACIST SON OF A BITCH", denoting how EVIL and HORRIBLE he is for being RACIST, when YOU YOURSELF are racist. This would lack credibility to your insult. How fucking simple is that to understand? You're plainly just arguing for argument's sake now.

Anyways, welcome back. Even a compliment to you is turned around and spit out as vitriol. Let's all get along. We were friends, once.

Of all the days I decide to take a 4-hour nap, why, oh why, did it have to be today.

Okay, let me explain this to you one more time. YOU SAID "RACIST SON OF A BITCH", denoting how EVIL and HORRIBLE he is for being RACIST, when YOU YOURSELF are racist. This would lack credibility to your insult. How fucking simple is that to understand? You're plainly just arguing for argument's sake now.

No.

Whether Wright is "EVIL and HORRIBLE" is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether or not I am a racist. I am not arguing "for argument's sake." I am stating that the person whom B.O. Hussein called his mentor, his spiritual advisor, the person who performed the ceremony which married him to his wife, the person who baptized his children and dedicated his house, the person whose church he has attended for the past two decades, is a racist.

Whatever I may or may not be, that does not alter these facts.

Anyways, welcome back. Even a compliment to you is turned around and spit out as vitriol. Let's all get along. We were friends, once.

Thank you.

No.

Whether Wright is "EVIL and HORRIBLE" is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether or not I am a racist. I am not arguing "for argument's sake." I am stating that the person whom B.O. Hussein called his mentor, his spiritual advisor, the person who performed the ceremony which married him to his wife, the person who baptized his children and dedicated his house, the person whose church he has attended for the past two decades, is a racist.

Whatever I may or may not be, that does not alter these facts.

So what does that mean to you? It's irresponsible to assume that Obama is going to go on some racial tirade once in office. It is possible to surround yourself with people of differing opinion and still retain your own beliefs. I mean, Marney, let's face it, America institutionalized (and still does to some degree) racism for a good number of centuries. The Civil Rights Movement was completed forty years ago. I wrote an essay for an IB exam today on this, in fact. Black people may have legally been equals to their white counterparts thanks to legislative successes, but racial equality is something that America has yet to see fulfilled. Not to say that there hasn't been a general movement towards economic equality, but the ultimate goal of that still seems distant. Poverty begets poverty, and it's a well-known fact that Reconstruction essentially directly condemned black people to low-income areas of cities in the south and other areas. I certainly wouldn't be exactly warmed up to a situation like that.

Guest (Loggins Name)
You feel he's unworthy because he may have some deep seeded prejudice against people who bullied and owned his people.

He's just as white as he is black, he was raised by whites, and he's not of West African slave descent. Blacks are not "his people." Having an absentee Kenyan dad does not make that so. To what extent are blacks "his people"? Serious question.

Also, Gary, if you're going to piss and moan about where this discussion takes itself, either take an active role in making it more to your liking, or shut up. If this shitty thread is just too much to bear, I'll prevent you from having to read it.

That is rather irrelevant. It was claimed that blacks are Obama's people, so, how are they?

That is rather irrelevant. It was claimed that blacks are Obama's people, so, how are they?

I think that question is more irrelevant. The burden of proof is on people saying that they're somehow not his people...?

Oh, wait. I read Zoo's post. I thought you guys were just referencing political rhetoric and pundits. My bad.

You feel he's unworthy because he may have some deep seeded prejudice against people who bullied and owned his people.

He's just as white as he is black, he was raised by whites, and he's not of West African slave descent. Blacks are not "his people." Having an absentee Kenyan dad does not make that so. To what extent are blacks "his people"? Serious question.

You should read Obamitler's Mein Kampf. He talks about these issues!

He's considered a black man in America. It's not like just because his father is from Kenya people see him on the street and decide not to have the same prejudice against him that they have with other blacks. We don't divide the blacks in this country according to where they came from, in Africa. Everyone is the same here. And maybe he hasn't said it, but if you read that crap that Ann Coulter wrote, discussing Obamitler's Mein Kampf, where she took certain excerpts and tried to make some shitty point, you see that it's in the back of his mind.

Did you not just read that the personal attacks are finished in this thread? Just when we finally move past the insult stage of this thread, you feel the need to start it up again.

If you have anything bad to say about Marney, take it to The Chocolate Socket. I'm serious.

If you have nothing to add in this thread about the Campaign, or Obama, or Clinton, or McCain, or anything else that stays ON TOPIC and is not just an attack on another poster -- then do not post in the thread. This is the last warning I'm giving.

He's considered a black man in America. It's not like just because his father is from Kenya people see him on the street and decide not to have the same prejudice against him that they have with other blacks. We don't divide the blacks in this country according to where they came from, in Africa. Everyone is the same here. And maybe he hasn't said it, but if you read that crap that Ann Coulter wrote, discussing Obamitler's Mein Kampf, where she took certain excerpts and tried to make some shitty point, you see that it's in the back of his mind.

Obamitler's MEIN KAMPF?

Yeah, because The Audacity of Hope is a utterly insane foray into explaining how Obama hates the jews, plans to take over Russia and the Sudetenland, and consolidate power under one totalitarian leader.

^that reads suspiciously like an ad hominem attack on pbone. take that to the chocolate socket, sir.

ron paul came to my town last night. his following is small but rabid.

I have mostly stayed out of this thread because as many of you know, I hate politics, politicians, I think they are all lying assholes, party be damned, they are pretty much the same, and can suck my balls.

But I have been paying attention more now, because I didn't like any candidate. My question...why the fuck are people wanting to vote for Obama? He is STILL giving non answers, just points out problems and says "We are going to have to fix this" and people cheer. I can fucking do that? I am looking for policy suggestions and the like. HOW does he plan on changing things and I am having a hard time finding any. From all three candidates honestly.

Am I looking to pick someone to vote for but I am having a hard time giving a shit about any of them at this point because none of them are saying a goddamned thing.

I think I am closest to voting for McCain. At least he is openly admitting that you can't just pull out of Iraq immediately despite how you feel about the war instead of tap dancing bullshit like Obama and Hil-dawg are doing.

But I am getting off the subject. What exactly about Obama is selling people? The only way he is getting my vote is if my man John Edwards gets on his ticket, because I will vote for some John Edwards. I voted for Kerry's stupid ass for John Edwards.

Obamitler's MEIN KAMPF?

Yeah, because The Audacity of Hope is a utterly insane foray into explaining how Obama hates the jews, plans to take over Russia and the Sudetenland, and consolidate power under one totalitarian leader.

I was being sarcastic..

I have mostly stayed out of this thread because as many of you know, I hate politics, politicians, I think they are all lying assholes, party be damned, they are pretty much the same, and can suck my balls.

But I have been paying attention more now, because I didn't like any candidate. My question...why the fuck are people wanting to vote for Obama? He is STILL giving non answers, just points out problems and says "We are going to have to fix this" and people cheer. I can fucking do that? I am looking for policy suggestions and the like. HOW does he plan on changing things and I am having a hard time finding any. From all three candidates honestly.

Am I looking to pick someone to vote for but I am having a hard time giving a shit about any of them at this point because none of them are saying a goddamned thing.

I think I am closest to voting for McCain. At least he is openly admitting that you can't just pull out of Iraq immediately despite how you feel about the war instead of tap dancing bullshit like Obama and Hil-dawg are doing.

But I am getting off the subject. What exactly about Obama is selling people? The only way he is getting my vote is if my man John Edwards gets on his ticket, because I will vote for some John Edwards. I voted for Kerry's stupid ass for John Edwards.

How do Obama's "non-answers" make you want to vote for McCain? I mean non-answers are annoying, but not as bad as the WRONG answers. It just comes down to policies to me and on the two biggest issues McCain basically wants to follow the current Bush strategies; "Surge is Working" & "Cut taxes for the wealthy" Now if those are policies you are in favor of, then ok I understand your vote for McCain.

I am not really THAT excited about Obama. To me he is basically another member of the democratic establishment, but he happens to have some intagibles that draw people to him over other politicians. Also it is important that a Democrat gets into the whitehouse in 2008 because they don't have enough of a majority for veto overrides so a lot of the "haven't got anything accomplished" rhetoric will dissapear when there is someone in the whitehouse that signs bills that pass the House & Senate into law, rather then throwing down a veto.

look at the transcript of his speech on iraq. it lays out his plan in pretty considerable detail.

I really can't do much more than laugh whenever somebody tries to use that 'what's Obama's plan?' canard anymore. After so many specific-issue speeches and statements, he is far more detailed in his actual plan than either Clinton or McCain. I know the media hasn't caught on to that yet (still giving Hillary a free pass on milking fabricated war experiences) but I'd kinda like to think we're all a bit smarter than them.

Exactly. His youtube page has lots of speeches archived, and he's gone into his military plans in a greater detail than I'd initially expected since everyone seems to pretend he hasn't.

Sign in to follow this