TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

That stupid cunt that Carville owned on Larry King is MN Rep Michele Bachmann, who is quite possibly one of the most inept and cookie cutter types of delusional Republicans you can find, at least around the Midwest. I've heard nothing but the worst about this woman since she (somehow) got her spot. Here is some other great nonsense about her.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/19/m...e-crazy-person/

lol I love how she skirted around King's direct question "Do you think this is the most qualified for VP?" two times in a row. I've never heard such drivel so far in terms of the GOP stance on Palin. If thats the best they can do, wow.

I also didn't know that Palin selling the previous Governor of Alaska's jet airplane on Ebay gives her credibility against corruption?!!! Wow, again.

I just wanna hit the bitch.

Wouldn't be a surprise at all if they bring in Joe Lieberman as damage control. He's been bailing McCain's ass out of jam after jam already, why stop now? I know he's technically a Democrat, but it might take one for the Republicans to win, and his party has pretty much done everything but call him the wrong kind of Jew.

And don't forget Lieberman was such a fucking awesome VP candidate 8 years ago.

Guest דניא&#15
Wouldn't be a surprise at all if they bring in Joe Lieberman as damage control. He's been bailing McCain's ass out of jam after jam already, why stop now? I know he's technically a Democrat, but it might take one for the Republicans to win, and his party has pretty much done everything but call him the wrong kind of Jew.

I missed the part about how he sunk the Gore campaign. I don't know. He has his pros and cons. He's too uptight about video game violence, which I can understand, but I don't share his view.

I missed the part about how he sunk the Gore campaign. I don't know. He has his pros and cons. He's too uptight about video game violence, which I can understand, but I don't share his view.

Lieberman sure as hell alienated enough liberal voters into voting for Nader.

Another reason to feel sorry for Bristol is that she is getting forced to marry in her teens to keep up some absurd family values facade for her mom. 17 is way too young to have a kid, but she made a mistake and wants to keep the kid. I'm sure the baby will be born into a loving and supportive family. 17 or 18 is also way too young to get married, and she's stuck with the douche until her mom gets out of the national political picture.

She's almost certain to be dropped anytime in the next 72 hours. I wouldn't be shocked if they kill her convention speech to figure out what the fuck to do.

Expect her to be kicked and replaced with Joe Lieberman, who has nothing else to do since the Dems are going to pick up more seats and then ignore the fuck out of Lieberman for the next two years, as payback for his role as kingmaker for the past two years.

Lieberman is outta gas in the Senate, so he'll jump in and try to save this campaign. Jeezus lovers are going to hit the fucking fan.

Don't get your hopes up. That is really not going to happen.

Why not? The only people it would strongly offend are the base, the religious right. McCain doesn't need them to win, but he needs independents and he's alienating the fuck out of them right now.

She's almost certain to be dropped anytime in the next 72 hours. I wouldn't be shocked if they kill her convention speech to figure out what the fuck to do.

Expect her to be kicked and replaced with Joe Lieberman, who has nothing else to do since the Dems are going to pick up more seats and then ignore the fuck out of Lieberman for the next two years, as payback for his role as kingmaker for the past two years.

Lieberman is outta gas in the Senate, so he'll jump in and try to save this campaign. Jeezus lovers are going to hit the fucking fan.

Don't get your hopes up. That is really not going to happen.

Why not? The only people it would strongly offend are the base, the religious right. McCain doesn't need them to win, but he needs independents and he's alienating the fuck out of them right now.

He's not alienating as many people that you would think. It's not going to happen because firing your VP is political suicide. He chose her for a reason, because he wanted to stir up the election. He needed to get his name back in the limelight after the DNC, and in that respect, it's working.

He's not alienating as many people that you would think. It's not going to happen because firing your VP is political suicide. He chose her for a reason, because he wanted to stir up the election. He needed to get his name back in the limelight after the DNC, and in that respect, it's working.

Heh. Way to own a news cycle.

Do you agree?

Only if Vince McMahon style "there's no such thing as a bad news story" trainwreck works.

The media has decided that they HATE this broad, and are doing everything they can to tear them down. Even Obama has decided to step his toes into the mud and last night told Anderson Cooper that his campaign organization is larger than Palin's town.

From the same party that brought you the Secretary of Homeland Security saying "I only heard about New Orleans being wiped off the map via television a few days later" comes "We Googled her, everything looked okay."

She isn't going anywhere. Conservatives are rallying around her like they did with Dan Quayle.

Sounds like the football team rallying around the sick kid.

After some checking, I discovered McCain had little choice but to pick Palin once the decision was made the ticket needed a woman.

There aren't currently any other women in the Republican Party who've been elected to statewide office that are pro-life except for Sen. Elizabeth Dole.

Though, in retrospect, I'm sure neither the 72 year-old Mrs. Dole, nor the handful of female pro-life U.S. House members sound so bad now.

Jesus, this is starting to resemble a really bad sitcom.

From the same party that brought you the Secretary of Homeland Security saying "I only heard about New Orleans being wiped off the map via television a few days later" comes "We Googled her, everything looked okay."

If only they'd had the foresight to do a cursory MySpace runthrough, this whole sordid mess might have been avoided.

Guest דניא&#15

Olbermann isn't covering the RNC. Did the network take him off coverage, or did he pull a power play?

This nomination is the gift that keeps on giving:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200...02/1327574.aspx

She urged students to pray "that our leaders -- that our national leaders -- are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God."

She added, "That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."”

In addition to talking about Iraq, Palin also referred to God's role in her work as governor.

"I can do my part in working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, about a $30 billion project that's going to create a lot of jobs for Alaska. ...[but] I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said. “"I can do my job there in developing our natural resources, in doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded. But really that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's hearts aren't right with God."”

I'm starting to think that McCain might have made a mistake here. He may have energized some of his wacko far-right Republican base, but I don't know that the Hillary people are just going to vote for any old bleedin' vagina. It seems like this Palin woman has some serious credibility issues. As a dimwitted and confused undecided voter, I think I may need to Google her repeatedly to find out what she's made of before I'm willing to submit my final verdict.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/opinion/...tml?ref=opinion

Good article.

There are some issues where the most important job is to rally the armies of decency against the armies of corruption: Confronting Putin, tackling earmarks and reforming the process of government.

But most issues are not confrontations between virtue and vice. Most problems — the ones Barack Obama is sure to focus on like health care reform and economic anxiety — are the product of complex conditions. They require trade-offs and policy expertise. They are not solvable through the mere assertion of sterling character.

Guest דניא&#15

There might be a backlash soon if you guys keep acting like cackling shitheads.

I was going to rip on Jerk, but KITTY!

I was going to rip on Jerk, but KITTY!

Oh, I'm not done yet.

GOP vice presidential pick Sarah Palin accepted at least $4,500 in campaign contributions in the same fundraising scheme at the center of a public corruption scandal that led to the indictment of Sen. Ted Stevens.

The contributions, made during Palin's failed 2002 bid to become Alaska's lieutenant governor, were not illegal for her to accept. But they show how Palin, a self-proclaimed reformer who has bucked Stevens and his allies, is nonetheless a product of a political system in Alaska now under the cloud of an ongoing FBI investigation....

As Palin campaigned unsuccessfully in 2002 to become lieutenant governor, she received contributions from executives at VECO Corp., a powerful Alaska oil field services company. Company founder Bill Allen has admitted the company steers its donations through a "special bonus program" in which executives received money and the company instructed them to donate it to favored politicians.

Allen pleaded guilty to bribery and corruption charges. He admitted the program violated federal tax laws and said it was used to keep his political allies flush with cash.

"If they're working with the oil industry, I'd like to help with their campaigns," Allen testified last year in the corruption trial of a former state lawmaker.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin

Sign in to follow this