TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest WhackingCockDick

37229326.jpg

Look how clean that typeface is. Nice sans-serif. It communicates strength and panache. It's so streamlined and European. It cuts like a knife. I love it.

0401_presidential_type.png

McCain's font, Optima, is cool the way cigarette commercials from the 1950s are cool.

THIS was SARCASM?

Another way of looking at the McCain thing is this; McCain shitted all over Obama over lack of experience and lack of relatability or "riskiness" (code word for uppity black person btw, which placates to black self-hate and general racism at the same time). So Obama went and got Biden who has experience AND foreign policy expertise. So, McCain had a great strategy with that, and he still could have run with that based on the two as individual Presidential Candidates. In response, McCain instead gets someone completely inexperienced that nobody has ever heard of, that is breast-feeding, mired in scandal over trying to get someone fired from a PD over her personal family disputes and hired a CHILD MOLESTER to a PD in place of another high ranking PD officer, and just weeks ago has been quoted on camera as saying that she doesn't even have any idea what a Veep does. So his response to Obama's inexperience is to hire someone who makes Obama look like a level 99 Paladin?!! That's a good strategic move?

Wouldn't you rather BUFFER your experience by getting someone else extremely experienced and further that dialogue rather than undercut the one ideological argument that you are winning? Because that's what he did.

By the way, this is all right after Obama raised the question of McCain's JUDGMENT.

2 More Questions:

1. If Republicans care so much about "executive experience," then why did they nominate Senator McCain?

2. If Republicans care so much about "executive experience," why not pick someone for VP with more than 20 months as governor?

Deon, stop posting in current events. You're awful.

My hardcore Democrat friend is claiming that the retard kid is actually the 17-year old daughter's and not Palin's. I'm cautiouslly optimistic about the veep pick, but if the Republicans can win with Dan Quayle, surely Palin can't hurt too much.

Pregnant teens?

Down's Syndrome?

Christian Fundamentalists?

Is Amy Juergens running for VP now? I hope senile old Mr. McCain doesn't try to put that little baby in a drawer.

9-11 truther Kevin Barrett is running for the Libertarian Party nomination for my district's Congressional seat (Ron Kind, D, incumbent). He's in favor of social security permanence and a Canadian-esque health care system so I'm not sure he's really cognizant of the whole political party thing. He's quite the dumbass, really.

Guest Smues
Deon, stop posting in current events. You're awful.

My hardcore Democrat friend is claiming that the retard kid is actually the 17-year old daughter's and not Palin's. I'm cautiouslly optimistic about the veep pick, but if the Republicans can win with Dan Quayle, surely Palin can't hurt too much.

I don't buy it. The kid being her grand daughter and not her daughter, not Douchebag being awful. Being 44 and giving birth to a kid with down syndrome fits, and while she did keep the pregancy a secret until she was like 4 months along, I think it would be pretty difficult to fake it convincingly for the rest of the term, all the while hiding her daughter's pregnancy. On the other hand, I can certainly see why your friend would think it, as it is all a bit odd. She doesn't announce she's pregnant until like month 4, she's in Texas but then contractions start so she flys up to Alaska, and makes it in time to have the kid in Alaska. And she takes like 3 days off and then is right back to work. Like I said, I don't buy it, but there is certainly enough to let the conspiracy theories fly. And I imagine her 17 year old daughter having a kid would be all over the news, and she'd want to shield her daughter from that publicity.

Well I think Obama should get some benefit of the doubt and be able to attack the other side somewhat aggresively because it's not like Bush is wrapping up a great success of an 8 year run, in which he is leaving as a popular and well-liked President.

The majority of voters consider him incompetent and his policies a failure. His policies should be attacked as should any Bush policy that McCain intends to continue.

Obama was right with his "ENOUGH" tone.

I do kind of think though that some things weren't harped on enough, such as torture, the enviornment, illegal wire-tapping etc etc.....but I guess I have to take what I can get.

Well I think Obama should get some benefit of the doubt and be able to attack the other side somewhat aggresively because it's not like Bush is wrapping up a great success of an 8 year run, in which he is leaving as a popular and well-liked President.

The majority of voters consider him incompetent and his policies a failure. His policies should be attacked as should any Bush policy that McCain intends to continue.

Obama was right with his "ENOUGH" tone.

I do kind of think though that some things weren't harped on enough, such as torture, the enviornment, illegal wire-tapping etc etc.....but I guess I have to take what I can get.

wait, there are people who think Obama was TOO aggressive? You dont win political campaigns by being passive...

As to Palin's lack of national security experience, Cindy McCain said, "Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia. So, it's not as if she doesn't understand what's at stake here. It's also about making decisions and be targeted in what she thinks. She has a great mind. And she has a very serious direction in where she goes."

I wonder if the Republicans toning sown the convention is going to end up being a positive or negative for them.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Obama's visual propaganda is almost as effective. Guy has his own logo. Also, the Obama Font (I think it's in the Futura family?) is cooler than German blackletter. Reminds me of Wes Anderson.

EDIT: It is called Gotham!

What's your deal with fonts, anyway?

That Alaska-is-near-Russia now counts for foreign policy credentials is the most laughable aspect of this campaign yet.

That Alaska-is-near-Russia now counts for foreign policy credentials is the most laughable aspect of this campaign yet.

Yeah, I heard Cindy McCain mention that on This Week with George Snuffleupagus. I'm struggling with that one a little bit. What have Alasko-Russian relations been like under Palin?

The Cindy McCain interview served to really piss me off, actually. Why do people who have inherited a lot of money get so upset when it's pointed out that they've inherited a lot of money?

Will people (ala being happy with $3.75 gas) give Bush/etc extra credit if they actually do their job with a hurricane this time around?

John McCain ordered changes in the Republican National Convention that was to be a four-day celebration of his presidential nomination Sunday, to "redirect our efforts" to reflect the seriousness of Hurricane Gustav as it churned toward the Gulf Coast. President Bush, Vice President Cheney and prominent GOP governors decided to skip the gathering altogether...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_on_..._convention_rdp

I can understand Pres. Bush and Govs. Jindal, Barbour, Riley, and Crist not going to the convention, but Cheney? Sounds like just a convenient excuse for him not to be there.

And Schwarzenegger? Who knows.

There's a big budget debate here in California, so wether that gets resolved or not decides his fate.

Schwarzenegger's presence at the convention would be a big benefit for McCain...not because he's a popular celebrity (BOO!), but because he has executive experience (YAY!). Plus, he is knowledgable about foreign policy because California is next to Mexico.

Too bad he couldn't be McCain's running mate, but there's that huge factor preventing him from being qualified...more of a disqualifier than being born in another country: he's pro-choice.

Palin lied about the Bridge to Nowhere.

With criticism over earmarks increasing, Congress stripped the provision from the bill, requiring instead that some of the money be used for an airport. Alaska eventually received about half the money. Palin last fall directed that money to transportation projects statewide instead of for Ketchikan's bridge.

So not only did she favor it when she was running for governor, but it was Congress that ended the plans for the bridge, not her. Rather than telling Congress "thanks, but no thanks" as she claims, she still accepted the remaining federal money for infrastructure projects. So much for building bridges yourselves.

Oh god, Palin's 17-year-old has a 1-year-old. She got knocked up as a 15 year old! Fuck YES

Oh god, Palin's 17-year-old has a 1-year-old. She got knocked up as a 15 year old! Fuck YES

Now, now, I said the retard kid being hers was just a rumour.

I think the Cheney thing was a convenient way for him to not speak, since everyone hates him anyway. Shame, as I enjoy Cheney's speeches.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Plenty smart to dissociate the Republican Party from Bush/Cheney. They shouldn't have been invited in the first place.

Sign in to follow this