TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

After looking at the youngest, I'm almost sure when she walks into a room that the music from THE OMEN starts playing. That is one evil look on that kid. It's the perfect Republican family and honestly it's still kinda cool to know a woman will be represented in this race.

Doesn't make me want to vote for John "Pussy" McCain, but still it's going to be a fun election.

Guest Vitamin X

I think the little child in the pink looks evil, and the one in the blue is one of those prudish girls who doesn't have many friends. The one in the black though, she's not that bad.

EDIT: HA! 2GOLD and I just jinx'ed.

She's not just pro-life, she's hardcore pro-life. She wants abortion to be universally banned, period, no exceptions made. Even specified that it shouldn't be used in cases of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. I'm ambiguous on the abortion debate, but her position just creeps me out. "I'm very sorry you're having a baby, Miss Abused 12-Year-Old girl. Maybe you should've thought about that before swallowing some roofies, getting tied up, and then seducing your creepy molesting uncle while you were unconcious."

VPILF

http://vpilf.com

2. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda."

THAT IS JUST TOO FUNNY!

Guest Smues
Also not shown in the picture is her retarded special 4 month old son with Down's syndrome.

Considering Palin is 44 and just had that kid, it's no suprise the kid has problems.

It reeks of a pandering pick, but then again Hillary supporters would have to be awfully dense to vote for this woman based simply on gender when you consider her viewpoints on the issues themselves. Unfortunately, it seems that issues just simply aren't enough to satisfy a lot of people.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Like McCain, it feels like the Republicans don't want to waste any of the good bullets in a lost year. In fact, might as well just have the whole damn party lie low in Sicily for a year while bad shit of their own doing comes into effect during the early Obama years.

She's not just pro-life, she's hardcore pro-life. She wants abortion to be universally banned, period, no exceptions made. Even specified that it shouldn't be used in cases of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. I'm ambiguous on the abortion debate, but her position just creeps me out. "I'm very sorry you're having a baby, Miss Abused 12-Year-Old girl. Maybe you should've thought about that before swallowing some roofies, getting tied up, and then seducing your creepy molesting uncle while you were unconcious."

That's how I would court the female vote.

I mean she was the Governor of Alaska. Republicans are making it seem like she was the Governor of California and solved the energy crisis.

And is it just me or is every female talking head on Fox News: Republican, Blonde, and annoying

I mean she was the Governor of Alaska. Republicans are making it seem like she was the Governor of California and solved the energy crisis.

And is it just me or is every female talking head on Fox News: Republican, Blonde, and annoying

Yeah the whole "She has executive experience!" line is already getting old. Running a huge but sparsely populated state is a lot different than potentially running the whole country.

I think this is good for Obama in the long run, in that he can point out the hypocrisy of McCain continuously talking about his (Obama's) lack of experience while picking an even less experienced VP candidate.

As far as FOX News...yes, you're right about the female talking heads. I've managed to avoid ever seeing Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter on screen at the same time, and hope to always do so.

Just last night one of my friends and I were talking sports and politics, and I said that I would let a hot Republican chick blow me, even though I am not a fan of Republicans.

I'm just sayin'.

Oh, wow, you'd actually give one the privelege of blowing you? That's stretching the limits of bi-partisanship.

Same here. That stuff only matters to a point. If she thinks Obama's crazy with nothing else to add (as is the one I'm talking to now), I'm fine with that. That kind of problem can be fixed.

This argument that Republicans are making that Palin is qualified to be Vice President because Obama supposedly isn't experienced enough is irrational. They are saying that someone is experienced because they are just as experienced as someone who isn't experienced. Huh?

And GOVERNOR OF ALASKA is a qualification? REALLY? Exactly what does that job entail? Meeting with oil company executives, signing some snow-mobile laws, and appointing people to regulate the fishing industry, I suspect. Less than 700,000 people live in Alaska...so essentially the equivalent to over 12% of her entire state's population showed up to watch Obama speak the other night.

The pick of Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate is just another example of his bad judgment. He has been telling us for the last 6 months that the president should be ready to lead on day one. John McCain has been telling us for the last six months that we need someone with a lifetime of foreign policy experience to be president. He picked a running mate who before yesterday he'd only met twice in his life, someone who is a complete tabula rasa on foreign policy, and has only just begun running a nearly-unpopulated state. So, there are two possibilities: either John McCain lied when he said what he thought the qualifications for high office were, or John McCain is so desperate to win he's willing to compromise his own beliefs about the nation's well-being.

Susan Molinari, the former Republican Congresswoman, was on MSNBC last night and kept trying to argue that Mrs. Palin was only running for VICE president. Yes, but she will be vice president to a 72-year-old man who has had cancer 3 times and a history of psychiatric problems. There is a very good chance she will have to take over for him, and to run the risk that she'll be trained in foreign policy before this likely take-over occurs is irresponsible. The unofficial motto of the McCain campaign has been "experience counts," and they give us a person who's not even half-way through their first term as governor of one of our smallest states. Worse, they are even trying to argue that she has the same amount of foreign policy experience as Barack Obama, who has been dealing with national security issues for the last 4 years, has traveled the world and met dozens of world leaders, has shown a great understanding of the Middle East, correctly assessed the problems we'd face in the Iraq War before the invasion even occurred, and who has spent the last several years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

By now, we've all heard this:

I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq.

If a Democrat had said this, imagine the reaction. But, no, it's okay for someone running for VICE president to say it, so long as that person is a Republican.

Now, I know what you're thinking...he picked her because she's a "reformer" with "executive experience." Because apparently McCain had to go all the way to Alaska to find a Republican governor who wasn't a crook.

I was watching the talking heads on CNN last night and I thought one of them got it right. When the republican guy asked what the difference was between an inexperienced person being chosen for VP and an inexperienced person running for president, the democrat guy answered that voters will decide whether or not Obama is ready to be president...Palin was chosen by one guy.

It's a headscrathcer. How does McCain continue his campaign where his sole issue is that Obama isn't ready to lead when his best judgment leads him to pick inexperience to be next in line?

The Palin pick was meant to distract from the success of the DNC and, I guess, look for some women votes.

Another way of looking at the McCain thing is this; McCain shitted all over Obama over lack of experience and lack of relatability or "riskiness" (code word for uppity black person btw, which placates to black self-hate and general racism at the same time). So Obama went and got Biden who has experience AND foreign policy expertise. So, McCain had a great strategy with that, and he still could have run with that based on the two as individual Presidential Candidates. In response, McCain instead gets someone completely inexperienced that nobody has ever heard of, that is breast-feeding, mired in scandal over trying to get someone fired from a PD over her personal family disputes and hired a CHILD MOLESTER to a PD in place of another high ranking PD officer, and just weeks ago has been quoted on camera as saying that she doesn't even have any idea what a Veep does. So his response to Obama's inexperience is to hire someone who makes Obama look like a level 99 Paladin?!! That's a good strategic move?

Wouldn't you rather BUFFER your experience by getting someone else extremely experienced and further that dialogue rather than undercut the one ideological argument that you are winning? Because that's what he did.

By the way, this is all right after Obama raised the question of McCain's JUDGMENT.

Another way of looking at the Obama thing is this; Obama shitted all over McCain over maintaining the status quo and being too old and out of touch to have the job. So McCain went and got Palin who is young AND is not a Washington insider. In response to Obama's selection, McCain gets someone with more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined, who appeals to the conservative base

See what I did there. I couldn't get to the rest because I'm eating.

Deon: Political commentator for the retarded.

Guest WhackingCockDick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...8/29/do2906.xml

Here's an outsider's perspective on Denver.

The candidate’s combination of old-fashioned oratorical skill, film-star looks, and determination to put his personality and “story” at the front of his approach to politics certainly seems to appeal to his party: but it is entirely shallow, and typical of the American left’s confusion, or conflation, of stature with celebrity.

As the near hysteria in the stadium suggested, this hardly mattered to the Democratic faithful.

I don't agree with the whole article, since he seems almost too dismissive of the whole thing, but he has some good points in the article, like how an arena (and subsequently, a stadium) full of trisyllabically chanting Democrats doesn't exactly present the post-partisan America that Obama has been selling this whole time. Well, now time for you to dismiss him out of hand.

convent3.jpg

The Titantron set for GovernMania XLIV.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Obama's visual propaganda is almost as effective. Guy has his own logo. Also, the Obama Font (I think it's in the Futura family?) is cooler than German blackletter. Reminds me of Wes Anderson.

EDIT: It is called Gotham!

Deon: Political commentator for the retarded.

I was being sarcastic, but apparantly, that went over your head.

Guest Vitamin X

I'd rather have Deon in here than Marvin, any day. It's not like he said anything that we hadn't said before up until the part that King stopped reading his post.

Deon can be improved. We have the technology. We can rebuild him.

Sign in to follow this