TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I found this quote at the bottom of the article amusing...

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,"' a senior aide said.

Even though the rumors were partially true...and this is going to hurt Obama...AND THIS IS ALL THE DEMOCRATS FAULT!

I bet Mccain's beginning to wish he had went with his own instincts and picked Ridge or Lieberman and not who Rush Limbaugh told him to give the running mate spot to.

She's just a bad, bad VP pick.

Well it did serve a purpose. Took the spotlight right off of Obama's speech and put McCain back in the limelight. She's a bad VP, but not a lot of people seem to know that. Like that one poll shows, she's viewed more favorably than Biden. Fucking Biden! Who rides AmTrack 100 miles every day! Who, I'm assuming, only has one house.

Somehow please explain how the wife of the Democratic presidential nominee can be off-limits to political criticism but the minor daughter of the Republican vice-presidential candidate is fair game.

Somehow please explain how the wife of the Democratic presidential nominee can be off-limits to political criticism but the minor daughter of the Republican vice-presidential candidate is fair game.

1. I don't think anyone really considers Michelle Obama off-limits, based on how viciously she's been attacked for the last year.

2. Palin's daughter isn't 'fair-game,' but her mother's hypocrisy is.

I said before that I don't care if Palin's teenage daughter is pregnant. This is their personal lives, and it has nothing to do with how well they'd perform their jobs, but I am bothered by the utter hypocrisy of the conservatives on these issues. The Palins, the darlings of the "family values" crowd, who want to use government to impose their idea of Christian morality on other people....but their own lives are testaments to the fact that their own rules don't always work.

To be fair, I doubt that the Democrats will focus on this, since it would be political suicide if they did.

I still feel bad for her daughter.

For getting knocked up or for having a right-wing crackpot for a mother?

Mostly the former, a little of the latter. I just hate it when shit like this (see "SHE SAID WHITEY!" and "B.O. HUSSEIN"!) happens. This is a girls personal life-it shouldn't be made an issue. Then again, maybe that's just my conscience. I just see it as mean spirited. I mean, I don't want to see McCain become president either, but I also don't want this happening.

Mostly the former, a little of the latter. I just hate it when shit like this (see "SHE SAID WHITEY!" and "B.O. HUSSEIN"!) happens. This is a girls personal life-it shouldn't be made an issue. Then again, maybe that's just my conscience. I just see it as mean spirited. I mean, I don't want to see McCain become president either, but I also don't want this happening.

I already read a post on a news article where someone said this isn't as bad as the "fact" that Obama was born out of wedlock.

This is a girls personal life-it shouldn't be made an issue.

I'm tempted to say her mother should have thought of that before she decided to put herself in such a high profile postion and left her daughter open to such scrutiny . The Alaskan press have respectfully kept this under wraps, but it must have occured to Palin that the mainstream press wouldn't be so generous.

I already read a post on a news article where someone said this isn't as bad as the "fact" that Obama was born out of wedlock.

Sometimes, I really hate politics in this country.

I guarantee Palin's children will be treated more respectfully by Democratic candidates than Chelsea Clinton was by Republicans.

I guarantee Palin's children will be treated more respectfully by Democratic candidates than Chelsea Clinton was.

Again, it would be political suicide to do otherwise. Hopefully, they are more tasteful than The Republicans.

I guarantee Palin's children will be treated more respectfully by Democratic candidates than Chelsea Clinton was.

Again, it would be political suicide to do otherwise. Hopefully, they are more tasteful than The Republicans.

There's no way Colbert/Stewart/ other late night comedians will leave this pregnancy story alone.

Speaking of colbert he was very funny the night Palin was announcement as the running mate.

'We're all eager to see who Mccain will soon announce as his vp....here he is at a rally today, with some female supporter....I assume won a radio call in....Now, who's it going to be? Will it be Romeny? Or Pawlenty? Who... (someone whispers offscreen) THAT is his VP? Who the fuck is Sarah Palin?!'

Guest דניא&#15

I might've been on to something when I said maybe the Republicans should just take the election off.

This is a girls personal life-it shouldn't be made an issue.

I'm tempted to say her mother should have thought of that before she decided to put herself in such a high profile postion and left her daughter open to such scrutiny . The Alaskan press have respectfully kept this under wraps, but it must have occured to Palin that the mainstream press wouldn't be so generous.

I'm starting to have those same sentiments. How could you agree to run for VP when you know your daughter will be labeled the nation's teenaged whore once this situation came to light? Seriously, putting her in this stressful predicament during a PREGNANCY is unforgivable.

Fuck Sarah Palin!

I agree with Jerk on this,

The pregnancy alone is a total non-issue to me, kids make mistakes/accidents happen and I don't think anyone cares about that.

The issue that comes into play is the "moral superiority" that people like Palin preach, the "do as I say not as I do" rhetoric.

If this was Barack or Biden's daughter, the spin on the story would be "see those no morals liberals, just wait until they get into office, they will spread the word of the devil" Yet, because it is conservative it will be brushed off by other conservatives as no big deal and "oh she's just a normal person like you and me" Even though this might have been a direct result of Palin's "abstinence only" education agenda.

But really, besides this entire issue beit the pregnancy or the hypocrisy, this Palin lady just seems to be a right-wing loon job. Period.

I might've been on to something when I said maybe the Republicans should just take the election off.

No way, man. The base is energized! Palin is the savior of McCain's campaign. It's going to be a landslide victory for McCain. Palin will tear Biden to shreds in the debates. The Democrats are shaking in their shoes.

(Yes, I like to poke around Malkin's and Hannity's sites for sits & giggles, and these are actual quotes I've gleaned from there.)

If it were Barack's daughter, then who would be surprised at a black chick getting knocked up at a young age lololololooololol

If it were Barack's daughter, then who would be surprised at a black chick getting knocked up at a young age lololololooololol

That was a pretty bad post

article-0-02765B5200000578-67_468x366.jpg

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT TAT TA TAT LIKE THAT AND I NEVER HESITATE TO PUT A NIGGA ON HIS BACK

That was a pretty great post. The fact that I was listening to Re-Up Gang's "20k Money Making Brothers" makes it even better.

Oh yeah, Obama says her family issues should be off limits.

At this point I'm kind of wondering why politicians still feel like its okay to use their families at rallies and on TV. And I'm definitely talking about both sides here.

Good lord, Michelle Obama gives SPEECHES supporting her husband on national TV, and she should be off limits? Um, not really. It's not okay to lie about people, but I think it is okay to point out maybe that person isn't as great as we're being led to think they are, or to take issue with some positions they are supporting.

Palin comes out last week and everyone says, "Wow, what an amazing woman to have 5 kids!" She was using her kids as props last week, and now it has bitten her in the ass. Hell, you could argue she's still using her as a prop to score points with pro-lifers by making a statement to the press about how proud the family was she chose to keep the baby, and she is proud to have a 17 year-old girl getting married.

Sign in to follow this