TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Just saying that since the Republicans are all about who is the best politically to win a campaign, Huckabee is the only one that has the personality and speaking skills to match up to Obama and succeed at making him look bad while coming off as the good guy. He came in second place in many primaries and got a lot more votes than anybody thought he would.

You could write in "Ron Paul"

I could do that too, but I've got a problem with people who write columns featuring quotes like this...

One newsletter, from June 1992, right after the LA riots, says "order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."

"The criminals who terrorize our cities -- in riots and on every non-riot day -- are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to 'fight the power,' to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible."

It doesn't take a whole lot of political knowledge to see that Huckabee is the GOP's obvious front-runner for 2012 if McCain does manage to somehow lose. Marvin's handicapped. Definitly one to watch at TSM in '09.

Should Obama win, I have no idea who the Republicans could run in 2012 that could defeat Obama. McCain wins and I have a good feeling its President Hilary Clinton in 2013.

I'm actually gonna go ahead and predict Mike Huckabee for that one.

Are we REALLY talking about 2012? That's just dumb speculation.

[space omitted]

**cough**Bobby Jindal**cough**

I thought he and Palin would battle it out in 4 years until McCain picked Palin for VP. They were the two rising stars of the Party. Jindal could be the guy but if Obama is having trouble cause he's black, just imagine how much trouble Jindal will have cause of his Indian roots.

The party fucking LOVES Palin, though...win or lose.

I give the Republicans more credit than holding Jindal back because he's not white.

And Romney made a hell of an impression on people...more so than Huckabee.

The party fucking LOVES Palin, though...win or lose.

I could see her going to DC as a Senator if the VP thing doesnt work out.

I can see her challenging Lisa Murkowski in the 2010 Republican Senate primary, or appointing herself to the Senate if Ted Stevens gets re-elected but then resigns.

And Romney made a hell of an impression on people...more so than Huckabee

Huckabee out-performed Romney in many of the primaries and Romney ended up coming out of it looking like a rich snob elitist while Huckabee came out as a respected guy.

Remember, originally I was the guy saying Huckabee was going to win the nomination, but I don't see him with a lot of support after the so-called fiscal conservatives got done bashing him.

I'm not saying Romney isn't a doofus, but a lot of Republicans are now wishing he was the nominee instead of McCain. Huckabee never got nearly the amount of press coverage Romney did. Huckbee won more delegates in the long-run, but Romney captured the headlines and rakced up his delegates quicker before dropping out. More people were talking about the possibility of a McCain/Romney ticket than a McCain/Huckabee ticket.

People were talking about a McCain/Romney ticket because Romney was the first to endorse McCain and push him to the finish line. Huckabee is far and away better positioned for 2012/16 than Romney, or anybody else. If something like this isn't obvous you should watch the primary season on dvd, or something

Here's an artlicle on Palin. She met her first world leaders today!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PAL...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

If something like this isn't obvous you should watch the primary season on dvd, or something

Even if I don't come to the same conclusion as you, that DVD would be worth watching just to laugh at Rudy all over again.

There's no way to really be able to predict 2012, even assuming a GOP loss, without knowing what rationale the party-faithful will give themselves for losing. If the past is any indication, though, it'll be the "we lost because we weren't conservative enough" line they used in 1992, 1996, and 2006. In that event, they will be looking for a pure-conservative right-on-every-issue messiah, and though I could be wrong, I don't see Mike Huckabee filling that role.

Edited by SuperJerk

I'm not saying Romney isn't a doofus, but a lot of Republicans are now wishing he was the nominee instead of McCain. Huckabee never got nearly the amount of press coverage Romney did. Huckbee won more delegates in the long-run, but Romney captured the headlines and rakced up his delegates quicker before dropping out. More people were talking about the possibility of a McCain/Romney ticket than a McCain/Huckabee ticket.

That would have been an avalanche for Obama, because Romney campaigned like The Man from the beginning. Drug companies are selflessly helping people! People don't have health care because they can afford it but choose not to buy it! He basically was running as "The Man" in the cultural slang meaning of the term.

McCain used to talk about how companies put profits before people, how we could do better, how he would shut down Gitmo and rewrite the interrogation rules, etc. This stuff is what got him where he is, but now all he's concerned about is that endorsement from the Rush Limbaugh wing, so he's thrown it all into obscurity.

Not to dig up the race issue again, but I find it funny that the media comes out and goes nuts over White People supporting McCain by a 10-20 percent margin depending on the poll and trounces all over white people for being racists, and yet a poll also came out that showed black People are supporting Obama over McCain by like 90+ percent and they're just being a part of history or something... You cant have it both ways though..

Also, the media is focusing on the possibility that racism will keep whites from voting Obama, not that all whites supporting Johnny Mac are dirty filthy bigots.

Not to dig up the race issue again, but I find it funny that the media comes out and goes nuts over White People supporting McCain by a 10-20 percent margin depending on the poll and trounces all over white people for being racists, and yet a poll also came out that showed black People are supporting Obama over McCain by like 90+ percent and they're just being a part of history or something... You cant have it both ways though..

Well I guess you'd have to take a big percentage of the "90% of black people" out because a huge portion are always voting democratic ANYWAY, regardless of the race of the candidate.

Of course there are going to be some new black voters that are coming out to vote for Obama based soley on race, no one is disputing that, but to me it is much more alarming that lifetime democrats aren't voting for Obama based on any difference in policy issues, rather based on his race and/or stereotypes associated with Obama's race.

Is it fair to guess that Marvin just doesn't get why racism is such a big issue?

Speaking of people saying stupid things, Andrew Romano of Newsweek has a full recap on the spatial relationship between Joe Biden's foot and his mouth.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/arc...fe-machine.aspx

I think your affiliation comes from a thirst for cut and dry, easily digested platitudes rather than the nuances that are necessary for something like the Presidency of the United States. This is not to say that you're dumb, but you lack patience.

If I have my way, a fellow from Minnesota will make a strong indpendent run in 2012.

Not Jesse Ventura, please...

Me? haha

I realize you have no idea what you're typing about. I also realize that getting an actual small-govt conservative elected president will be extremely dificult.

Why did you capitalize the w in "white."

Why did you end your question with a period, instead of a question mark?

Ending questions in periods is a TSM hallmark. You're new here, I don't blame you for not knowing.

If I have my way, a fellow from Minnesota will make a strong indpendent run in 2012.

Me? haha

What Snuffy is saying is he wants Norm Coleman to leave the Republicans and join up with a party that really gets things done on the issues of flag burning and prayer in schools.

Me? haha

I realize you have no idea what you're typing about. I also realize that getting an actual small-govt conservative elected president will be extremely dificult.

Just not a big fan of a guy who believes that 9/11 was a conspiracy, that's all.

I think your affiliation comes from a thirst for cut and dry, easily digested platitudes rather than the nuances that are necessary for something like the Presidency of the United States. This is not to say that you're dumb, but you lack patience.

To summarize: Pointing out that some whites support McCain due to racism is an intelligent, well thought-out point; however, bringing up African Americans' far more tilted support of Obama as potential racism is "lacking patience."

So anyone who doesn't share your viewpoint simply isn't as smart? Interesting. What a totalitarian view of things.

Sign in to follow this