TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest Vitamin X

It doesn't matter, uncommited Ohio voters are creaming themselves over his response, especially the women.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm glad these nitwits are here on CNN to tell us what to think. Thanks, douchebags!

Barack, don't loose us here man.

How does Barack answering a question cause something to become loose?

L-o-s-e= lose

L-o-o-s-e= loose

Seriously people.

At least one of them finally noted that Obama's killing on health care. That was someone completely lost when Biden did an even better job last week. Of course that whole post debate discussion was about the fact that both Palin and Biden managed to not say anything overwhelmingly stupid.

bob, if you ever try to tell Return of the Mack how he should and shouldn't spell "lose" in here ever again, I'll ban your ass. Capiche?

I'm glad these nitwits are here on CNN to tell us what to think. Thanks, douchebags!

I disagree. I really like CNN's political team, as you get a bunch of varying viewpoints from both sides of the aisle analysing the debate.

They're not telling you what to think at all.

bob, if you ever try to tell Return of the Mack how he should and shouldn't spell "lose" in here ever again, I'll ban your ass. Capiche?

:(

Obama completely dodged the problems with Entitlement programs not once but twice. First time he was supposed to prioritize Healthcare, Energy and Entitlement Programs and he went replaced Entitlement Programs with Education. When specifically asked about Entitlement Programs and them being a potentially bigger problem to the economy then the mortgage crisis, I believe his ultimate response was "we'll deal with it".

I can't be the only one that noticed this.

Obama completely dodged the problems with Entitlement programs not once but twice. First time he was supposed to prioritize Healthcare, Energy and Entitlement Programs and he went replaced Entitlement Programs with Education. When specifically asked about Entitlement Programs and them being a potentially bigger problem to the economy then the mortgage crisis, I believe his ultimate response was "we'll deal with it".

You've clearly established yourself in previous threads as an expert on our nation's entitlement crisis.

Anyways, I thought McCain's closing was really good, but almost sounded like a concession speech. Otherwise, I thought he laid a big giant turd in the two hours leading up to it.

Guest Vitamin X

I disagree. I really like CNN's political team, as you get a bunch of varying viewpoints from both sides of the aisle analysing the debate.

I think I wanted to mention more about analysts in general, but I tend to agree with you here. For the most part, CNN's not bad, but this analysis is nauseating. Definitely from the Ohio voters.

Who did you think won, bob?

And he also ignored the Israel question...because it was STUPID.

I think I wanted to mention more about analysts in general, but I tend to agree with you here. For the most part, CNN's not bad, but this analysis is nauseating. Definitely from the Ohio voters.

Wolf Blitzer = the John Madden of CNN, always stating the obvious.

Well, I was still laughing at McCain's claim that we can take care of them all at the same time.

By saying "Education" instead of "Entitlements", I think you answered your own question as to how he prioritizes it.

You've clearly established yourself in previous threads as an expert on our nation's entitlement crisis.

Anyways, I thought McCain's closing was really good, but almost sounded like a concession speech. Otherwise, I thought he laid a big giant turd in the two hours leading up to it.

??

The 2nd question was spot on. Obama wants to talk about having the ability to see around corners to be able to see problems that are there before they get as bad as the mortgage crisis has gotten. The Entitlement Programs are pretty much like Godzilla coming down the street knocking down all of the buildings on street and it seems that Obama isn't paying Godzilla any attention. For the record, McCain's answer that they can fix both at the same time wasn't much better, but at least he didn't dodge the issue twice.

Who did you think won, bob?

I agree with you there- Soledad O'Brien talking to random Ohioans is just a waste of time, and I don't see the point of it.

But I do like their analysis, it's interesting hearing what Republican analysts and Democrat analysts have to say- since they don't just spin it to their own beliefs. It seems honest. I always watch all of CNN's post-debate stuff- I like David Gergen a lot. And Campbell Brown is cute too.

I felt McCain won this slightly, he really knows how to work a town hall format and I enjoyed hearing what he has to say. I agree that at times he didn't offer concrete solutons at times, but I felt it came off well. Obama whining about follow-ups just made him look sad.

According to amazon.com, the list price for an overhead projector is $189.99.

A home-planetarium projector is $299.99 (list price).

But, both are under $130 on amazon.com (with free super-saver shipping, I'm sure!), which even John McCain would agree is an awesome way to cut federal spending if he'd ever fucking learn to use a computer.

These analysts are really drilling the whole "that one" comment by McCain. Honestly, who gives a fuck? I was more concerned that McCain doesn't think that people know what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are. What a condescending prick statement.

What was the "that one" comment anyway? I'm blanking on that one.

What a condescending prick statement.

That's a bit harsh I think.

Democrats always win on the economy, and that's the biggest issue. McCain's fucked. Sorry Marv.

So, since the debate is pretty much over, who won, who lost, and who will Brokaw murder in the middle of the night for defying him?

Barack Obama won.

John McCain lost.

The person I'd visit in the middle of the night would be Cindy, but not for the reason you mentioned.

??

The 2nd question was spot on. Obama wants to talk about having the ability to see around corners to be able to see problems that are there before they get as bad as the mortgage crisis has gotten. The Entitlement Programs are pretty much like Godzilla coming down the street knocking down all of the buildings on street and it seems that Obama isn't paying Godzilla any attention. For the record, McCain's answer that they can fix both at the same time wasn't much better, but at least he didn't dodge the issue twice.

Yeah, he never dodges issues-unlike that last Presidential debate.

Sign in to follow this