TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I can't believe I'm voting for the same guy as Dobbs.

Believe it. Love it.

You know I hate George W. Bush, right? I also believe we need to punish the Republicans, big time. I actually probably agree with McCain on his stated policy stances more than Obama, but I can't respect a guy who has changed his public views so wildly in the last eight years.

I wonder if McCain regrets bending over for the church folk and not picking Tom Ridge now that his entire strategy (of the moment) hinges on Pennsylvania. Oops.

I wonder if McCain regrets bending over for the church folk and not picking Tom Ridge now that his entire strategy (of the moment) hinges on Pennsylvania. Oops.

It's really sad that McCain decided he had to jump on board with the Rove/GOP machine and their tired election strategy. He could have picked Ridge or Lieberman and ran a campaign on a platform of tough national security and more moderate social policies, instead of this fundamentalist, race-baiting mess that Steve Schmidt has crafted.

To be fair, though, without a hardcore conservative on the ticket (Ridge is pro-choice), McCain would be in even bigger trouble in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia right now.

My vote (and probably many others) may still be up in the air if he picked Lieberman and acted like the John McCain of eight years ago, but sadly, there are a large number of people supporting him based entirely on Palin. He would a probably lose a similar number of votes with any VP choice he made.

Lieberman wouldn't have done him any good. Ridge is popular in Pennsylvania. After giving up on Colorado, Wisconsin, etc, the McCain campaign needs Pennsylvania.

Obama (primarily through the Democratic Supermajority in Congress and the possibility of him appointing several Left leaning SCOTUS Judges) are going to trample all over the 1st (Hello Fairness Doctrine!) and 2nd Amendments and you're concerned about the FISA/Protect America Act Amendment?

*brain explodes*

Snuffbox, you're worried about the government surveilling the phone calls of Americans citizens without warrants with the help of telecom companies who then can't be sued when BARACK HUSSEIN is going to STIFLE FREE SPEECH and TAKE AR GUNS?!?!

Did you miss the part where I mentioned the Democratic Supermajority in the House? They'll be able to push through stuff without a veto even by Obama, so if they want the Fairness Doctrine, they'll get it.

As far as taking guns away goes, Joe Biden is one of the biggest proponents of strict gun control and effectively taxing and regulating guns to the point that people can't afford them while not outright making gun ownership illlegal. I have to believe that gun control will be one of his main issues. Also..from the article posted:

He also keenly noted that even if he intended to take away guns, he would not have the power to do so as president. “I couldn’t get it done. I don’t have the votes in Congress.”

Thats pretty much not going to be true for long.

Do NRA people really still think someone is going to come to their door in the night and take away their hunting rifles and stuff? You'd think after about 200 years they'd drop that fear already.

The Fairness Doctrine is right wing radio shibboleth and I would be shocked if I saw it raised by a Congress in the next session. Frankly, I don't really care, although I would prefer they focus on other things.

I would also be shocked if Congress brought up any sort of gun control other than a ban on really destructive assault weapons or some kind of safety measures. I would eat platefuls of crow if an Obama administration pushed for heavy gun control, given that it has not even been on the radar in this campaign.

In summation, I think the current threats to the Constitution right now are much more targeted toward the 4th Amendment and the rights of the accused amendments (and habeus) than to the 1st or 2nd.

I saw him on Fox News recently and he predicted that the race would either be really close or a blow-out.

As noted before, he seems to make a billion conflicting predictions about 1 thing, then announces he was right. Plus, he was Clinton's pro-Republican campaign advisor in 1996 who was fired for leaking government information to a hooker.

Palin's Pipeline to Nowhere update

AP INVESTIGATION: Palin pipeline terms curbed bids

Gov. Sarah Palin's signature accomplishment — a contract to build a 1,715-mile pipeline to bring natural gas from Alaska to the Lower 48 — emerged from a flawed bidding process that narrowed the field to a company with ties to her administration, an Associated Press investigation shows.

Beginning at the Republican National Convention in August, the McCain-Palin ticket has touted the pipeline as an example of how it would help America achieve energy independence.

"We're building a nearly $40 billion natural gas pipeline, which is North America's largest and most expensive infrastructure project ever, to flow those sources of energy into hungry markets," Palin said during the Oct. 2 vice presidential debate.

Despite Palin's boast of a smart and fair bidding process, the AP found that her team crafted terms that favored only a few independent pipeline companies and ultimately benefited the winner, TransCanada Corp.

And contrary to the ballyhoo, there's no guarantee the pipeline will ever be built; at a minimum, any project is years away, as TransCanada must first overcome major financial and regulatory hurdles.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_on_.../palin_pipeline

The Rats are Jumping Ship

McCain aide: Palin's 'going rogue'

(CNN) -- With 10 days to go until Election Day, long-brewing tensions between GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and key aides to Sen. John McCain have become so intense they are spilling out in public, sources say.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin "going rogue." A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off message several times, and they privately wonder if the incidents were deliberate. They cited that she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

A Palin associate defended her by saying she is "not good at process questions" and that her comments on Michigan and the robocalls were answers to process questions.

But this Palin source acknowledged that Palin is trying to take more control of her message, pointing to last week's impromptu press conference on a Colorado tarmac.

Tracey Schmitt, Palin's press secretary, was urgently called over after Palin wandered over to the press and started talking. Schmitt unsuccessfully tried several times to end the unscheduled session...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/pal...sion/index.html

The Rats are Jumping Ship

McCain aide: Palin's 'going rogue'

(CNN) -- With 10 days to go until Election Day, long-brewing tensions between GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and key aides to Sen. John McCain have become so intense they are spilling out in public, sources say.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin "going rogue." A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off message several times, and they privately wonder if the incidents were deliberate. They cited that she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

A Palin associate defended her by saying she is "not good at process questions" and that her comments on Michigan and the robocalls were answers to process questions.

But this Palin source acknowledged that Palin is trying to take more control of her message, pointing to last week's impromptu press conference on a Colorado tarmac.

Tracey Schmitt, Palin's press secretary, was urgently called over after Palin wandered over to the press and started talking. Schmitt unsuccessfully tried several times to end the unscheduled session...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/pal...sion/index.html

I have this awesome image of Palin running in 2012 and McCain endorsing Obama.

Do NRA people really still think someone is going to come to their door in the night and take away their hunting rifles and stuff? You'd think after about 200 years they'd drop that fear already.

Im tired of doing all the work for you people now, so I will say that you should do a google search for seized guns and Hurricane Katrina.

You will find that the police seized hundreds of guns from law abiding citizens during the chaos that ensued and are just now being FORCED to return them 3 years after the fact.

What do you mean "you people"?

What do you mean "you people?"

Im tired of doing all the work for you people now, so I will say that you should do a google search for seized guns and Hurricane Katrina.

You will find that the police seized hundreds of guns from law abiding citizens during the chaos that ensued and are just now being FORCED to return them 3 years after the fact.

http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories/ww...a.f1ca8e16.html

"As the city of New Orleans descended into chaos in the days following Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans police officers seized hundreds of guns-- from alleyways, abandoned houses and from people seeking to board rescue vehicles. "

FUCKING NAZIS

"As the city of New Orleans descended into chaos in the days following Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans police officers seized hundreds of guns-- from alleyways, abandoned houses and from people seeking to board rescue vehicles. "

FUCKING NAZIS

Lets have the police violate two Amendments instead of just one...its Great!

Guest Vitamin X
I wish I were allowed to post animated .gifs of people jerking off and coming all over themselves in this folder.

EDIT: As much as Nightwing arouses me, that was for Marvin, of course.

Edwin, this folder has been ruled essentially NSFW, I don't think I or anyone else on the staff would care. Do it.

I wish I were allowed to post animated .gifs of people jerking off and coming all over themselves in this folder.

EDIT: As much as Nightwing arouses me, that was for Marvin, of course.

Edwin, this folder has been ruled essentially NSFW, I don't think I or anyone else on the staff would care. Do it.

Bonus points if he can do one with me and Glenn Beck. Id LOL.

FUCKING NAZIS

Lets have the police violate two Amendments instead of just one...its Great!

Dammit, why are you still posting here, really?

Sign in to follow this