TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I'll be spending tomorrow evening in the university's library, as I feel that's the last place the rampaging darkies will strike as they celebrate or protest the result of the election. If I don't make it back, tell all of my OkCupid contacts that I love them.

I still haven't made up my mind which election coverage to watch. I think I'll go with ABC before flipping over to KCAL to hear the results for statewide initiatives, but who knows.

I bought Fallout 3 today, so that's what I'll have on tomorrow night. Hey, it DOES take place in DC at least! There's no Tim Russert and his Magical Dry Erase Board of Scenarios, so the thrill is gone for me.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I may finish watching the fourth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I had no idea I owned until I was cleaning out this ugly marble-topped endtable with a cabinet in it, and there were all these DVDs, and then there it was, still in its packaging. Hmph.

I'm bummed about this being Russertless, too.

The timing of this whole "elderly grandmother dying" thing just seems a little suspicious to me. I think the guy checked The Pit, saw his lagging poll numbers, and decided to have her taken out for the inevitable sympathy bump.

I'm not going to watch any election coverage at all! I'm going to put my headphones on, listen to music, and read books, and sit in the dark except for my reading lamp set to dim. Of course, I say that now.

I'm really bummed that I have to work tomorrow night and miss a chunk of the festivities. I might have to ask my fiance to tape CNN for me.

Spoiler:

Obama wins

And you know what, TheManErnieRowe, I don't like you. Not because of this. Other stuff, in the past.

Um, okay.

Sorry to hear about Obama's grandmother. It sucks that pundits were mocking Obama's visit, that is just stunning insensitivity and stupidity.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

You were waxing poetic about Ted Kennedy that one time because of what he meant to you as a New Englander or something and it made me throw up on my shoes. You New Englanders just wish you had your own royal family like Old Englanders.

I'm not going to watch any election coverage at all! I'm going to put my headphones on, listen to music, and read books, and sit in the dark except for my reading lamp set to dim. Of course, I say that now.

I'm really bummed that I have to work tomorrow night and miss a chunk of the festivities. I might have to ask my fiance to tape CNN for me.

Spoiler:

Obama wins

And you know what, TheManErnieRowe, I don't like you. Not because of this. Other stuff, in the past.

Um, okay.

Sorry to hear about Obama's grandmother. It sucks that pundits were mocking Obama's visit, that is just stunning insensitivity and stupidity.

I hope the people at Fox News who were making fun of how she was "only sick with a broken hip" and air-quoting "gravely ill" when talking about the story feel like douches now.

That's rough, dying the day before your grandson is elected to President.

As for coverage, I'll be checking out CNN, since I want to see some sweet Star Wars style hologram action.

You were waxing poetic about Ted Kennedy that one time because of what he meant to you as a New Englander or something and it made me throw up on my shoes. You New Englanders just wish you had your own royal family like Old Englanders.

Ah, that's a great reason to hold a grudge. I don't even remember making that statement, but hey, I believe you.

As for coverage, I'll be checking out CNN, since I want to see some sweet Star Wars style hologram action.

Are you referring to their gigantic touchscreens?

Say what you will about CNN but man they spent a lot of dough to look high tech. It really is kinda neat how they pull up all the different stats and stuff.

I loved SNL weekend update's skit about that, they had a CNN guy who spent the entire semgnet just pointlessly playing with it, throwing states left and right, zooming in and out at random without making any actual points.

No, CNN's seriously supposed to have some kind of three-dimensional holographic image stuff during their broadcast on election night. Making it look like someone's standing in the studio when they're miles away, that kinda stuff. Who knows if it'll actually work well or not.

Conspiracy theories about Obama's grandma are running WILD at FreeRepublic.

It seems the serial pillist has struck again.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
I loved SNL weekend update's skit about that, they had a CNN guy who spent the entire semgnet just pointlessly playing with it, throwing states left and right, zooming in and out at random without making any actual points.

No, I had the misfortune of seeing that sketch, and it was unfunny, unnecessarily protracted, and missed several obvious jokes. (It's clear to anyone that you have to dump California into the ocean.) So basically, it was a post-1995 Saturday Night Live sketch. One of the worst parts of the last three elections is how we've had to hail Saturday Night Live as the gold standard of political satire. Tina Fey, Sarah Palin, how perfect it will be, yeah yeah yeah. It's getting to the point where I dig up old Upright Citizens Brigade clips to ascertain that Amy Poehler really was funny once and it wasn't a false memory.

1103b_mainchart.png

Holy shit. 1.9%? That's the lowest it's ever been.

1103b_bigmap.png

I'm also glad to see that the electoral projection map has shifted back to Obama after Silver put Florida as white. Not to mention looks like Montana and South Dakota are showing movement to the left as well.

To lighten the political mood up a tad bit....here is a little snippet from my home state California regarding Prop 8 which would ban gay marriage via constitutional amendement...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008110...2572494000.html

Sacha Baron Cohen crashes LA rally as 'Bruno'

Monday November 3 7:09 AM ET

Sacha Baron Cohen went undercover as his alter ego Bruno on Sunday by crashing a rally in support of a ballot measure that would ban gay marriage in California.

The British comedian is working on a film based on the fictional character Bruno, a gay Austrian fashion reporter who conducted gag interviews on HBO's "Da Ali G Show."

Here's hoping video of this surfaces....

Cohen, in disguise in a blond wig and preppy outfit, marched with demonstrators who support Proposition 8 while being trailed by cameras in a rally across from City Hall.

When photographers and reporters realized who he was and tried to approach the star, members of his film crew tried to shield him, and he was eventually whisked away in a van.

Cohen, who has made a career out of filming unwitting victims of his fake identities, also played a journalist in the hit movie "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan."

Here's hoping video of this surfaces.....

EDIT: Well here's the only raw footage I could find, I am sure something better will surface in short time;

More proof that Mitt Romney is not human. His ability to say easily disproven bullshit with complete seriousness cannot be of this Earth.

Let me rank this with the Palinometer...

PALINOMETER INDEX SCORE: 2

1. His argument Barack Obama must have been more negative because he spent more money, even though a lower percentage of his ads were negative, assumes that Obama was using that Obama was proportionally making more ads rather than making close to the same number of ads and simply making more media buys.

2. Throws some easily disproven campaign spin in there at the end just for fun.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...edical-records/

Palin campaign not releasing her medical records before election day.

doesn't it seem odd that they are stonewalling on THAT of all things? By all accounts there is nothing off about Palin's health. Hell, she looks remarkably healthy and attractive (physically at least. ok, only physically)

There are some very suspicious circumstances regarding her youngest daughter's birth. Some even say that it's really Bristol's (the oldest daughter, right?) kid.

Sign in to follow this