TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Well, let's face it: If people knew that Ron Paul was anything CLOSE to a legitimate candidate for the Presidency, do you really think he'd have no campaign contributions from corporations?

does anyone other than Ron Paul or Huckabee, two flat out wackjobs on opposite ends of the spectrum, want to do something about the long term problems that face our economy? All I hear is crap about the housing crisis, and its pretty much too late to do anything about that..and plus the government shouldnt have to do crap for the people who were too stupid to read the fine print on their mortgage application that said their AJUSTABLE RATE MORTGAGE would go up in 3-5 years.

All the other "issues" being jabbered about will be rendered comically irrelevant if the nation goes into another depression that could end up worse than 1929 if no one steps up and does anything about it now..

Paul has a bunch of really... interesting ideas for the economy. A lot of radical "completely change and/or eliminate this list of 127 government agencies" type stuff.

Huckabee I dunno about. But did anyone else catch his recent comments about wanting to amend the Constitution in favor of Biblical law? I hope he just cut his own campaign's throat if he really meant that.

Of course, he meant it. He knows that his party has proven itself very willing to bend over for any candidate labeling himself a Christian. Both the facts and their own personal lives be damned, that label melts the hearts of some of America's dumbest.

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

I want Huckabee to just go far, far away after that "amend the Constitution to fit God's law" shit.

Paul has a bunch of really... interesting ideas for the economy. A lot of radical "completely change and/or eliminate this list of 127 government agencies" type stuff.

But I thought we wanted change! If Paul's ideas aren't change, I dunno what is.

Snuffy, you know elections well. Fill in the blank, if it can be done: Rudy Giuliani is running the worst major campaign since __________

Alex Haig's primary campaign in 1988. Very similar, actually, as both want(ed) to run as Superman-esque, way-above-the-fray candidates despite neither being superheroes nor with any less baggage than anyone else running during their cycles. It looks like Giuiani's bid will end just as miserably as the General's.

Including general election campaign strategies, it's as bad as Dukakis' and Kerry's. Both of those guys could have won and didn't for nothing less their own personal fuckups. Kind of like Rudy. At least they made it to November, I geuss.

I want Huckabee to just go far, far away after that "amend the Constitution to fit God's law" shit.

But I thought we wanted change! If Paul's ideas aren't change, I dunno what is.

Is it too hard to put on the "Good" qualifier to "Change"? How about "Positive"?

Snuffy, you know elections well. Fill in the blank, if it can be done: Rudy Giuliani is running the worst major campaign since __________

Personally, I'd say he's up there with Dukakis in just ignoring the primaries like Dukakis did the first few weeks of the General Election. I mean, he needs to do SOMETHING right now to show people he's alive. Right now I don't think he's in the Top 5 in the Republican Primaries.

Ron Paul beat Rudy 6% to 3%. Nice. And I think a lot of his ideas for change are good. A better understanding of foreign policy is a good change to me.

At least with Kerry, he had the votes to back up his campaign of entitlement. Rudy thinks it's automatically his but nobody is voting for him.

Better understanding? I'm not sure a full and immediate pull-out from Iraq is the best thing. We do need to leave, but the whole 'immediacy' issue really sort of worries me. That, and pretty much spitting in the face of our allies by leaving NATO and the UN. Less so with the UN, but his entire policy seems to isolationist.

And, really, Giuliani is the least qualified major candidate in quite some time as well. Scandal ridden, mediocre-at-best Mayor who presided over a national tragedy rather poorly but shined in the publicity end. Of course, he's always eager to remind people of all of his wonderful work in the Ronald Reagan Justice Dept.

His campaign based solely on saying "9-11" a lot will definitly end up as one of the most pathetic ever.

We do need to leave, but the whole 'immediacy' issue really sort of worries me. That, and pretty much spitting in the face of our allies by leaving NATO and the UN. Less so with the UN, but his entire policy seems to isolationist.

Desperate times, Nightwing.

I think it was Rudy billing the city for his dates, of all things, that really soured me on him. That and the combination of a lisp and non-rhotic Rs. I'll forgive one or the other, but if you have both, I don't want to hear you talk.

And, really, Giuliani is the least qualified major candidate in quite some time as well. Scandal ridden, mediocre-at-best Mayor who presided over a national tragedy rather poorly but shined in the publicity end. Of course, he's always eager to remind people of all of his wonderful work in the Ronald Reagan Justice Dept.

His campaign based solely on saying "9-11" a lot will definitly end up as one of the most pathetic ever.

Don't forget the fact that his foreign policy ideas are completely and utterly insane.

KOAB, I love you.

also, RP wouldn't pull out immediately. he's said it would take time, of course, and that he would work with the military to get the troops out as fast and as safely as possible. not to mention the troops we have in 130 other countries who would come home as well.

not to mention the troops we have in 130 other countries who would come home as well.

I'm sure Ron is really popular with the South Koreans.

It really crushes me that majormayhem1 is the first poster in years to come from the same state as me and is absolutely downright retarded. I hope my five years of middling posting has proven to you that not all of us in the Pinetree State are dumb as he is.

Guest Smues
By the way I'm from deepest, darkest, Africa just like you Kamala.

Don't be a troll. Add something to the conversation or go away.

It's amazing to see majormayhem1 and Narcoleptic Jumper replace Jingus as the worst posters on CE.

What part of that really talked about rigging an election?

are you autistic by any chance?

Well, jackass, explain to me how his election analysis article relates to anything even close to rigging an election. Essentially you took his book name and used it as the link to an article that doesn't discuss anything involving rigging the current election.

That's all. I mean, I actually enjoyed the article and found the interview both enlightening and interesting. I'm just wondering why you so obviously mislabeled it.

I didn't think the article was very interesting. He didn't really actually talk about what happened with the phone jamming much at all.

The thing is, the article isn't about the phone jamming; That's what his book is about (Which I'll probably pick up in a week or so). The article was about the current campaign, and some of the tactics being used it in (With a small taste of the book). I liked it, though it ended just when it was getting into some interesting bits of analysis.

Really, you just got caught by false advertising, which is what irritated me, and which is why I think Narcoleptic Jumper's name is an incredible metaphor for how he seems to blindly and haphazardly inserts himself into discussion without any sort of rhyme or reason.

Sign in to follow this