TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Clinton wasn't just nodding off- the dude was passed out. Nothing gets the black vote like falling asleep directly behind MLK's son as he delivers a speech to his church on his day. Great stuff.

Supposedly 74 year old Ralph Nader is actually considering running again, even yet.

The guy must be either insane or completely delusional.

Just looked on wikipedia- Gravel is 77.

In all honesty, if Hillary is the Democratic nominee and Nader decides to run for a fourth time, I'll probaby vote for Nader. Hell I'm already registered as a Green Independent.

Glenn Beck asked Ron Paul if he'd run 3rd party today and he said no, he didnt want to go through all the hassle of trying to get on ballots where he'd be spending more money just to get on ballots then on actual campaigning.

I had always assumed he'd more than likely run 3rd party since hes not really a Republican anyway..and that running as a Republican now was his way of getting in on debates and getting face time in the media that he wouldn't get as a 3rd party with the two other parties having chosen their candidates. I think he would do well as a 3rd party from both sides if the choices are John McCain and Hillary Clinton..

I'd like to see Ron Paul do another run as the Libertarian candidate. He wouldn't win or anything but he could get a few percentage points of the vote. It's the best thing that could possibly happen to the Party during this election (unless Jesse Ventura runs on an LP ticket).

So what's with this Glen Beck tool?

He's worse than O'Reilly...

"I didnt watch the Democratic Debates last night because I have a life"

Fuck outta here w/ that BullShit.

I believe him if he wasnt such a pompous ass all the time..

So what's with this Glen Beck tool?

He's worse than O'Reilly...

"I didnt watch the Democratic Debates last night because I have a life"

Fuck outta here w/ that BullShit.

I believe him if he wasnt such a pompous ass all the time..

First of all, how many people haven't watched any of the debates for the same exact reason? You're going to single him out because he actually says he has a life (which..ya know..I doubt) when other people would make bullshit excuses as to why they dont watch them and you'd be like..ok..whatever.

Glenn has the 3rd most listened to radio show, now 2 NY Times Bestselling books (check out his current book, its good), and a successful tv program. I listened to him back in 2001/2002 when I lived in SC and when I came back to MD his show wasnt available to me on the radio (gee..a Conservative with a show in MD..ha). I didnt even know he was on XM until last year.

Anyway, I dont think he's a pompous ass, but hes got millions of people (read: COMUNISTS) who hate him and try to turn everything he says into hatemongering just about everyone..so if all you know about him is what you read through them then sure..hes a pompous hagtemongering ass.

From what I have heard from Beck, he is another one of your typical right-wingers who wants to come off as your "average everyday guy" but some of the things he lets slip out of mouth don't fit that kind of profile unless racist, bigot, homophobe are part of the definition.

All I know is Glenn Beck has the nerves to say things that lots of people are thinking but would never say in a million years for fear of being labeled a hatemonger or something worse..I mean:

CNN commentator Glenn Beck, who last summer featured on his radio show and his Web site a mock ad proposing a one-stop solution to the immigration and energy crises: a "giant refinery" that produces "Mexinol," a fuel made from the bodies of illegal immigrants coming here from Mexico.

Beck's "joke" was in poor taste and patently unfunny. And while it might be excused as an attempt at humor, the underlying sentiment is very similar to that expressed by others in broadcast media and on the Internet who have used the immigration crisis to justify uncivilized behavior.

Of course, you cant say anything like that..cause if you do..you're a racist..you illegal immigrant hating legal american citizen! That pesky first amendment shouldn't allow you to say such things!

And you conspiracy theorist types..the only reason we're letting the illegal immigrants in with a free pass is because Mexico is the United States #2 supplier of Oil (and Canada is #1..bet you thought it was Saudia Arabia or Venezuela..huh?) and politicians are so fearful that if we crack down on the illegals and start sending them home that Mexico will cut us off from their 800+ million barrels of oil they send us. But the good news is Mexico's oil production is about to drop 60% by the end of this year which means..SURPRISE..less oil from Mexico and less reason to care about that little bargain..so I wonder what will happen..hmm?

First of all, how many people haven't watched any of the debates for the same exact reason?

I didn't watch the Democratic debates either. Wanna know the only relevant difference between me and Beck in this comparison? I don't make my living as a political commentator. It's his goddamn job to cover this stuff. I'm assuming he did watch the Republican debates? Funny how he didn't happen to have a life on that night. It's pure partisan pettiness.

First of all, how many people haven't watched any of the debates for the same exact reason?

I didn't watch the Democratic debates either. Wanna know the only relevant difference between me and Beck in this comparison? I don't make my living as a political commentator. It's his goddamn job to cover this stuff. I'm assuming he did watch the Republican debates? Funny how he didn't happen to have a life on that night. It's pure partisan pettiness.

Its not like you cant find other ways to see the debates in their entirity besides watching them live.

I found this quote off everyone's favorite conservative bashing website Media Matters:

On the March 15 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Glenn Beck said: "Hillary Clinton cannot be elected president because ... there's something about her vocal range." He went on to say, "There's something about her voice that just drives me -- it's not what she says, it's how she says it," adding, "She is like the stereotypical -- excuse the expression, but this is the way to -- she's the stereotypical bitch, you know what I mean?" Beck also asked: "[A]fter four years, don't you think every man in America will go insane?" and pleaded, "I'm sorry for being such a pig. But please, America. Please. I don't think I could do it for four years. I mean, sure the country is going to go to hell in a handbasket, but could we make this about me for a second? I just don't think I could take it from her." He also said that "there is a range in women's voices that experts say is just the chalk, I mean, the fingernails on the blackboard."

I doubt theres very many men in America who havent thought the same exact thing but I wonder how many would have the guts to say it on a nationally aired radio show?

Sign in to follow this