TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

WWE Main Eventer Leaving After SummerSlam

Guest karlitoapple

Unless this story is in the Observer coming up this week, this story is B.S. as far as I know. The last two Observers didn't report anything like this at all. Two weeks ago there was a story regarding his future with WWE. At one point he was considering leaving when his contract expired to concentrate his band and pursue possible options in Hollywood. The storyline with him not caring about wrestling anymore was suppose to lead to his departure because of this, but WWE still expected him back at some point. Meltzer went on to say that he was in negotiations for a new deal as he had a change of heart. He might have even signed the renewal.

Unless this story is in the Observer coming up this week, this story is B.S. as far as I know. The last two Observers didn't report anything like this at all. Two weeks ago there was a story regarding his future with WWE. At one point he was considering leaving when his contract expired to concentrate his band and pursue possible options in Hollywood. The storyline with him not caring about wrestling anymore was suppose to lead to his departure because of this, but WWE still expected him back at some point.  Meltzer went on to say that he was in negotiations for a new deal as he had a  change of heart. He might have even signed the renewal.

Dave doesn't report all of his news through the newsletter, some of it comes from the website.

Sadly, this might be true.

I just hope they can bring in Marc Summers and do Double Dare.

Marc: Dominic and Rey, for $100 - who is Dominic's father?

Dominic: My father is...

Rey: DARE!

Marc: Eddie, for $100 - who is Dominic's father?

Eddie: DOUBLE DARE, HOLMES!

Marc: Dominic and Rey - you can answer the question or take the physical challenge.

Dominic: Big Show!

Eddie and Rey: WTF!?

Guest karlitoapple
Unless this story is in the Observer coming up this week, this story is B.S. as far as I know. The last two Observers didn't report anything like this at all. Two weeks ago there was a story regarding his future with WWE. At one point he was considering leaving when his contract expired to concentrate his band and pursue possible options in Hollywood. The storyline with him not caring about wrestling anymore was suppose to lead to his departure because of this, but WWE still expected him back at some point.  Meltzer went on to say that he was in negotiations for a new deal as he had a  change of heart. He might have even signed the renewal.

Dave doesn't report all of his news through the newsletter, some of it comes from the website.

I don't see anything about this on his website at all.

Feh, Jericho hasn't done anything worthwhile since winning the Undisputed title back in the Alliance days. He's better off taking a break and possibly going somewhere fresh and new.

I don't see anything about this on his website at all.

Yeah this is bullshit. Nothing on the site and there wasn't anything in the newsletter.

Jericho probably has tour dates, but that doesn't me he will be leaving the wwe forever. The original poster gave no useful information about Jericho leaving. Just one line about him having concert dates with his band. If Jericho was leaving there would be a lot more information about it somewhere.

I'm smelling bullshit.

At least We'll have the cruisereight Battle Royal form Slamboree 98 as one of the greatest segments ever.

Guest rawmvp

Hmmm...looks like this is true...it's also being discussed on the WrestlingClassics board.

Guest drdrainoscott

As mentioned, this was not in the newsletter or on the website. Dave goes to print Wednesday nights and mails the issues Thursdays, so I don't see how anyone would have gotten an issue already.

I totally smell bullshit

EDIT: After thinking about it some more, if this is indeed in the latest issue of the Observer, don't you think there would be more then a two sentence blurb about it? I mean, its a pretty big deal. Someone is just trying to have a bit of fun...

Hmmm...looks like this is true...it's also being discussed on the WrestlingClassics board.

Well its not in the newsletter or the website, but Dave might have posted it himself at said board, since I know he frequents that once in awhile, or at least used to.

Either that or this is a rumor at best right now.

His band is average.

And your point? I dont care if they are the drizzling shits - the fact of the matter is they are getting more dates and are appearing to be at least somewhat popular or getting there.

Guest news_gimmick

If it is true we will all hear more about it, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Tom

Heh, and I am NOT SURPRISED they are not putting the title on Y2J.

Well, now that we have writers for Nickelodeon, we will have a nice main event at WM22....

Ladder Match

JBL vs. Plankton....BATTLE OF THE HEELS

And Spongebob Squareholly.

I know Jericho's contract is expiring soon but I didn't think he'd be able to go full time with Fozzy due to finacial reasons. I mean, the band has to make him a lot less money than wrestling does.

Maybe, if he leaves WWE to tour more with Fozzy, he'll sign with TNA. It seems the most sensible thing for him to do. That way he can still make money from wrestling and be able to do the band thing as well.

Another advantage with TNA would be if he could get them to promote/market his band as well. WWE has done it, but nothing too wild and crazy.

Promote to whom? TNA isn't really known as being an influential media hype machine. They're not even on television at this very moment. The TNA fans know who Jericho is, know he has a band. There's nothing they could do for him promotion-wise.

They could be a potential one when they arrive on Spike TV in October, as they will have national clearance to get their product and offsets of their product off to the masses. You know, play some songs during parts of the show for vignettes, etc. IF (and its a big if) Fozzy continues to have more dates and possibly build some momentum some cross promotion on the TNA shows for Fozzy would be at least not something that would hurt him, it could only help.

Heh, and I am NOT SURPRISED they are not putting the title on Y2J.

Well, now that we have writers for Nickelodeon, we will have a nice main event at WM22....

Ladder Match

JBL vs. Plankton....BATTLE OF THE HEELS

And Spongebob Squareholly.

I'd think the SD Comix would have him pegged already as an Angry Beaver, though.

He'll go back to the WWE before going to TNA.

Wow, I just love the insight you put into your posts here. What would make you think he would go back to WWE before TNA if he is going to be working more full time with the band? He WOULDNT be able to do both at the same times with the schedule demands of WWE.

Oh and if you are just going to bash on TNA, nevermind I asked.

Guest Brian

Well, IMO, he's either going to commit to one full-time or the other and not half-ass it for a half-ass salary in TNA. I'm not bashing them, I'm just saying if he wants to wrestle he'll take more money to work more dates. If he's going to really throw his hat intomusic, he's already made a name for himself to jump off of and he's not going to get a forum like he did in the WWE.

Anyways, the actual dtory was published two weeks back, and whomever originally posted just cut it really dry. No word on how he's leaning, lots of speculation, may already be negotiating over a deal is basically what Meltzer wrote. Some speculated he wanted to get out of wrestling and work on music, which is what this non-news item came out of.

Well according to Meltzer today, it's not total bullshit, but it's not as final as this original report would have you believe. Here's what he had in today's update:

--Regarding Chris Jericho, here is the situation. He has a contract extension in his hands (well, probably not at this particular minute). He hasn't signed it, at least as of a few days ago. The reports on the internet that this week's Observer says he's gone are incorrect. This week's Observer says he has a contract extension in his hands and next week's issue has a follow-up. He is going to do more touring with his band after SummerSlam which means if he does stay, he will be missing a lot of wrestling dates. WWE at this point is going under the impression he won't be with them after the show because they can't go by any other impression until he signs, and thus there are no plans for him after August. If he does sign, obviously, that will change.

Guest jumpingbombangel
-- Chris Jericho is expected to be gone from the WWE within 6 weeks, with SummerSlam being his last show. Jericho has a multitude of gigs booked for his band, Fozzy, including a ten-day tour of the UK in October.

Good. Dude is stale as hell and quickly becoming a bitchy little douche. Time away from the WWE will do him a world of good.

So, after bogus SummerSlam card report and bogus (but with some merit until Jericho signs his extention) Jericho is done after SummerSlam report, what will next week's Bogus WON Report of the Week be?

I hate it when people do stuff like that.

He'll go back to the WWE before going to TNA.

Wow, I just love the insight you put into your posts here. What would make you think he would go back to WWE before TNA if he is going to be working more full time with the band? He WOULDNT be able to do both at the same times with the schedule demands of WWE.

Oh and if you are just going to bash on TNA, nevermind I asked.

I didn't bash TNA? I just don't see Jericho in TNA. Especially if it's more in the special guest spot. That would only happen if his band takes off. If that happens. I personally see him more like The Rock. In the sense he'll appear every so often. Maybe perform with Fozzy on Raw. Wrestle an occasional match.

Well, IMO, he's either going to commit to one full-time or the other and not half-ass it for a half-ass salary in TNA. I'm not bashing them, I'm just saying if he wants to wrestle he'll take more money to work more dates. If he's going to really throw his hat intomusic, he's already made a name for himself to jump off of and he's not going to get a forum like he did in the WWE.

How can someone even "half-ass" it in TNA though? They have a total of 3 dates MAX per month (right now TNA just has two workdates per month), which I will assume will continue until at least the end of this year. So that is considered being a full time employee by their standards. Considering he's a pretty well established name, I would bet TNA would sign him to a pretty lucrative contract and when you consider the limited dates, its a win/win situation. As an example, Nash was earning $5,000 per appearance, I could see them easily giving Jericho that much if it came to it as he's a guy they could somewhat build the company around as one of their major stars much like they were aiming to do with Matt Hardy. IF he went to TNA, he'd still have a ton of extra time to do the music thing.

Guest Brian

How can someone even "half-ass" it in TNA though? They have a total of 3 dates MAX per month (right now TNA just has two workdates per month), which I will assume will continue until at least the end of this year. So that is considered being a full time employee by their standards. Considering he's a pretty well established name, I would bet TNA would sign him to a pretty lucrative contract and when you consider the limited dates, its a win/win situation. As an example, Nash was earning $5,000 per appearance, I could see them easily giving Jericho that much if it came to it as he's a guy they could somewhat build the company around as one of their major stars much like they were aiming to do with Matt Hardy. IF he went to TNA, he'd still have a ton of extra time to do the music thing.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. If he wants to wrestle, he's not going to take a half-ass schedule. Jericho is not Nash, and that schedule works perfectly for a guy like Nash who doesn't like to work. I'm assuming Jericho does, or else he wouldn't be on the verge of resigning.

I wouldn't blame Jericho for not re-signing. He's been jobbed worse than Eddie. Hopefully, this will backfire on WWE, and we might get to see crowd reactions ala Matt Hardy.