TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

WWE Main Eventer Leaving After SummerSlam

-- Chris Jericho is expected to be gone from the WWE within 6 weeks, with SummerSlam being his last show. Jericho has a multitude of gigs booked for his band, Fozzy, including a ten-day tour of the UK in October.

Guest Mordecai's Cathedral

ANd just to add to that:

Three new writers (that know not a thing about wrestling) have been hired to the WWE creative team recently. One of them, as female brought in from the Nickelodeon channel, asked JBL recently how they made the ‘fake blood’ continue to look like it was flowing out of his head.

Source: Observer.

I was right that he never resigned, doesnt surprise me. They're just going to job him out convincingly to put over Cena strong and thats it for him. TNA has GOT to sign him up by October, no questions asked.

Was this in the issue coming out this coming weekend? Cuz I didnt see this in this weeks issue at all - just dont want another thing like last week when someone posted a SummerSlam card from WON that wasnt even accurate, much less from Meltzer himself.

ANd just to add to that:

Three new writers (that know not a thing about wrestling) have been hired to the WWE creative team recently. One of them, as female brought in from the Nickelodeon channel, asked JBL recently how they made the ‘fake blood’ continue to look like it was flowing out of his head.

I didn't know Maria was writing, too. GOLD!

What main eventer is leaving? I don't see it mentioned here.

TNA has GOT to sign him up by October, no questions asked.

Um, I think the idea is that he's committing himself to the band full-time.

He could pretty much do that and still sign up with TNA for a fat payoff, with just working a total of 3 days maximum per month. Unless he's busy a few Tuesdays of the month and one Sunday, thats it.

For what its worth, if this is true, I dont blame him. He's not going anywhere in WWE, the travel is probably hell, and there is more potential with his band than ever before.

Another advantage with TNA would be if he could get them to promote/market his band as well. WWE has done it, but nothing too wild and crazy.

I bet he's just taking a break and doing the band thing for awhile. But i hope he quits for good. Cuz he WILL wind up in TNA at somepoint if he quits WWE.

Tonight on RAW: Maria figures out Blues Clues while Hassan still Can't Do That On Television.

Another advantage with TNA would be if he could get them to promote/market his band as well. WWE has done it, but nothing too wild and crazy.

Promote to whom? TNA isn't really known as being an influential media hype machine. They're not even on television at this very moment. The TNA fans know who Jericho is, know he has a band. There's nothing they could do for him promotion-wise.

One of them, as female brought in from the Nickelodeon channel, asked JBL recently how they made the ‘fake blood’ continue to look like it was flowing out of his head.

Please, for the love of God, give her a live demonstration.

Back on track, if this is it for Chris Jericho, then so be it. The man's left a decent mark in wrestling history, made a decent amount of cash with the WWE, hasn't done anything above midcard in ages, and can make some money outside of wrestling. Sure, it's gonna suck for the wrestling fans that enjoy his work, but it's not too hard to see where he's coming from if he really decides to hang up the boots.

I may just have to catch Summerslam afterall if this is his last show...he'll probably carry that lug Cena to the best match he'll ever have and maybe bust out some old trademark stuff (Goose Step, Arrogant Cover) for old time sake...

Guest Coffey
His band is average.

At best.

However, Jericho can still bring the goods if motivated. Maybe TNA would encourage him to provide him own material again like he did in WCW? That is, assuming he's not just going Fozzy full-time.

Heh, and I am NOT SURPRISED they are not putting the title on Y2J.

Well, now that we have writers for Nickelodeon, we will have a nice main event at WM22....

Ladder Match

JBL vs. Plankton....BATTLE OF THE HEELS

I mean, nobody expected him to win at SS anyways, right?

Jericho is however a true class act in the putting people over department. Hell, he could make the Meanie main event material.

I do remember a story a few months ago saying Jericho's contract ended in August and there was question as to whether or not he would re-sign given the current creative nature of the company.

Tonight on RAW: Maria figures out Blues Clues while Hassan still Can't Do That On Television.

Hah.

Sounds like another DQ Finish, or maybe they'll add the loser leaves RAW stip.

Kinda seems like they've been building to "Loser Leaves Raw" stip, what with Bischoff hating Cena, wanting him off the show, etc.

Obviously, it will backfire, and I will cry.