TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Is it just me or..

Is JBL the luckiest man in this world?

2004 after WrestleMania. Eddie Guerrero can't handle the WWE Title, many other main eventers are injured or they don't have enough faith in them (Booker T). This means they need a new Heel to step up and fast, JBL gets his chance and gets a frigging long title reign. If nobody got injured he wouldn't have become the WWE Champion, he would still be in the tag title ranks. I would go as far to say that the only reason the WWE choice JBL out of all midcarders to become the top Heel is because Faarooq wanted to retire so JBL wouldn't have anything to do. 2 times lucky for JBL. He got lucky again when Vince McMahon was actually entertained by JBL and decided to let him run with the belt until WrestleMania even when all the main eventers were back. He loses to Cena, gets another title shot but that's storyline-wise. Then gets another title shot at Batista, again on-air and THEN he gets to headline fucking Summerslam because Muhammad Hassan gets banned by UPN! If that didn't happen Hassan would have faced Batista at Summerslam, not JBL!

So JBL is lucky off air and on air. And now he has his own damn radio show and it gets a lot of publicity, his book sold pretty well and he got to have the longest WWE Title reign in Smackdown! history and the guy isn't even that good!

What's next, Batista gets a minor injury and JBL gets to beat Batista and be the Champion again? Or before Summerslam Brock Lesnar decides to fuck the WWE and leave again and JBL gets another rematch at the next PPV?!

If all those things didn't happen....JBL would be just another midcarder and the top Heel would probably have been Kurt Angle or something, or Edge on SD!.

Rant over.

Nah, it's gotta be over for JBL as a main eventer at SS. In fact this whole angle with the Cabinet desperately needs to be blown off...God, with the way they keep em hanging around you'd think they were drawing money like the NWO.

Will the Cabinet break up due to internal power struggles forming new subgroups? Will JBL become the leader of the Judicial Branch, would Orlando breakoff to form the Legislative Branch, and would Bashem become a Lobbyist?

Its also funny to say JBL became WWE Champion even after his infamous Nazi parade.

Exactly Deon, he's lucky right there as well. Or he just busted Blue Meanie wide open on fucking PPV for everyone to see and he gets a title shot and now he's get to headline Summerslam. There is no justice in this world

Exactly Deon, he's lucky right there as well. Or he just busted Blue Meanie wide open on fucking PPV for everyone to see and he gets a title shot and now he's get to headline Summerslam. There is no justice in this world

I'd rather see JBL as champ than the Meanie on my TV screen - EVER.

I dunno... I like the JBL character. He sucks in the ring, but he can talk and has gotten over.

As much as I hate to admit it, at this point, he belongs in the mains.

I dunno... I like the JBL character. He sucks in the ring, but he can talk and has gotten over.

Like hell he does.

His in ring work is piss poor and, like Triple H, he gives the same promo every damn week. "I'm a wrestling god...".

This guy doesn't belong in the main event he need to be put back to the midcard right now.

Like hell he does.

His in ring work is piss poor and, like Triple H, he gives the same promo every damn week. "I'm a wrestling god...".

This guy doesn't belong in the main event he need to be put back to the midcard right now.

If he was to return to the midcard, they shouldn't just throw away a year's worth of a heavy push. His demotion should be at the hands of a rising star. Have him enter a feud where if he lost he was to never challenge for the title again or something along those lines. They would then have to make good on that stipulation, and the face in question might get over by shutting JBL out of the main event like many failed before him. Just an idea.

Guest seth86
If he was to return to the midcard, they shouldn't just throw away a year's worth of a heavy push. His demotion should be at the hands of a rising star. Have him enter a feud where if he lost he was to never challenge for the title again or something along those lines. They would then have to make good on that stipulation, and the face in question might get over by shutting JBL out of the main event like many failed before him. Just an idea.

Would be great if that midcarder was Christian.

JBL as Uncle Sam owns you all. Admit it.

Sure, Bradshaw shouldn't be in the main event. But he's entertaining, he's carriable, he's certainly improved in the ring in that sense because he wasn't even carriable before. He plays his character brilliantly and it's the kind of character that hey can use without getting stale quickly and can change without problem if and when it does. I'd take JBL over 'should be World Champions' Van Dam or Booker right now.

Also, fuck Meanie. He dropped a lawsuit on someone he apparantly 'hated' and bitched about for weeks, just so he could get himself a contract. He's a total mark.

I'd take JBL over 'should be World Champions' Van Dam or Booker right now.

That's not exactly a strong argument for JBL's push. I agree that at this point RVD and Booker T shouldn't be champion, but guess what? Neither should JBL.

I'd take JBL over 'should be World Champions' Van Dam or Booker right now.

That's not exactly a strong argument for JBL's push. I agree that at this point RVD and Booker T shouldn't be champion, but guess what? Neither should JBL.

Sure, Bradshaw shouldn't be in the main event.

And, I agree. I'm not saying JBL should be champion, I'm not saying he should be pushed to the main event. I'm saying, IMO, most of the people who criticise JBL have alternative options that are really not better than the problem.

But theyve done that already, with Cena.