TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Predict the WWE a year from now...

At Wrestlemania 20, I sure as hell did not expect fucking Bradshaw and Batista being world champions within the next year. So now, predict what will happen in the WWE leading up to Wrestlemania 22.

- I'm pretty confident HHH will be the champion heading into yet another WM main event (UGH!)

- Brock Lesnar will be challenging for the world title on whatever show he comes back on.

- Batista will fade away down the mid card like Benoit is now.

- Booker T will be gone

- Christian will ask for a release

- Carlito will be a face and be more wrestling oriented

Guest Stunt Granny

I actually think Triple H will take a lesser role at WM 22. If he's in the ME again you know he's going to job, and I can't see him going down in a pool of his own blood three years in a row.

JR and the King will still be announcing RAW - King will continue to fuck up his role and JR will continue to yell at the end of shows as if it helps any.

The WWE will still not explain their backstage camera system, as wrestlers will still act as if the camera is not there one moment, and there the next.

The shows format will be exactly the same. A combination of skits, promos and matches. The skits will suck - the comedy skits will be unfunny and the dramatic ones will still not build to a match that will draw money. The promos will sound rehearsed and will feature many overused cliches. The long promos will go to HHH, John Cena, and JBL. The short promos will go to everyone else, and especially to the ones who could benefit from doing longer promos. The matches will mainly be unspectacular and certainly unmemorable. 99% of them will be rendered meaningless by 2007. Most will feature cycled-in fall guys like Tajiri, Stevie Richards, Rosie, Hurricane, Val Venis - who will lose to whatever flavour-of-the-month the WWE is pushing. All will feature basic holds, minimal psychology, no actual story, and will be terribly formulaic.

The divisions and why anyone would want to hold the US or IC title, or be a tag team, will still not be explained.

Everyone will still wrestle the same style.

Sgt. Slaughter, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, and other "personalities" that no one wants to see and are just there because they are "made", will make appearances and wrestle and bore the living jesus out of everyone (at best) or make everyone change the channel (at likely).

Vince McMahon will make random appearances and JR will comment on his walk.

Whomever the GM's are, -if they are heels- they will get beat up by the lead face, try to stack the odds against the face, and will look like a moron because he/she continues to fail to get the better of the faces, and -if they are faces- they will make senseless, unscheduled, matches and make you wonder why the WWE needs GM's in the first place. Both will get over-ruled by Vince McMahon at some point, thus furthering ones wonderment.

The women who are hired to wrestle will still wrestle horribly, and the women who are hired to excite the guys will fail to arouse. The main use of the women will be to shoot t-shirts, and roll around on Jack Doan.

Eddie Guerrero will be "like brothers" once again with Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit.

Eddie Guerrero will turn on Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit much to the shock and disgust of Michael Cole.

Most of the cruiserweights hired this year, will be fired.

The WWE will call up unprepared wrestlers from their farm system, expose all of their weaknesses and hide their strengths, and then send them down within months of their debut.

Chris Jericho will win the IC title, or at the very least challenge for it. Ditto Benoit and the US title. Both will also contend for their respective brands top title. No explanation will be given for the shifts in position.

HHH will get his win back from Batista.

Obvious history between two wrestlers that would greatly benefit their feud and provide much needed depth will be ignored. Instead, an incredibly lame reason will be given and the feud will fall flat.

Despite 6 years of decline in ratings, buyrates, and attendance and no signs of aptitude for the position- Stephanie McMahon will still be director of creative.

The WWE will expand the qualifications in their job description for writers to include "must know how wrestlers bleed, or be willing to learn the hardway." Ok, it wouldn't be that clever.

You forgot:

1) Lesnar will have jobbed to any/all of the following for no particular reason other than "punishment"/"dues paying": Taker, Orton, and HHH (even though HHH is on a different roster).

2) People will get over that were not supposed to, yet will not be rewarded with any kind of meaningful push (Hi, Christian!). An interview will be printed where HHH claims you have to make your own breaks, and force the company to "give you the ball", while everyone just rolls their eyes and laugh to themselves.

I actually think Triple H will take a lesser role at WM 22. If he's in the ME again you know he's going to job, and I can't see him going down in a pool of his own blood three years in a row.

oh that one is too easy...he'll be a face going against a heel champion...

-Gene Snitsky will be released

-HHH will turn face, though fans won't buy it

-Fan attendence will plummet

-WWE films will cease production after their first two ventures fail

-Hulk Hogan will continue to have "One more match"

-Chris Masters will become IC champ.

-Not exactly learning a whole lot from the Muhammed Hassan controversy, the WWE will introduce a wrestler whose gimmick is that he's either HIV positive, or a Child Molester (no, that one won't be Jerry Lawler). The character will come under media backlash, and be dropped, while Vince will wonder why it failed.

-Not exactly learning a whole lot from the Muhammed Hassan controversy, the WWE will introduce a wrestler whose gimmick is that he's either HIV positive, or a Child Molester (no, that one won't be Jerry Lawler). The character will come under media backlash, and be dropped, while Vince will wonder why it failed.

How do you know that WWE won't just give Kurt Angle that character, considering that WWE turned him into a Sharmell rapist earlier this year, along with Angle saying that he wanted Brooke Hogan to "tap out" to him?

Chris Masters will be in a Main Event at least twice.

Heidenreich will get a monster push.

Eddie Guerrero will somehow be a face again.

Randy Orton will be the World Heavyweight Champion.

Big Show will get a token title reign.

Triple H will retire.

The Rock will make 3 or 4 appearances on RAW.

They will have their worst year financially for this decade. They will panic and get rid of a lot of people, but everything will be okay once Shelton Benjamin brings back the boom period again for wrestling towards the end of the year.

One year from now-

Christian will be in a main event program with Randy Orton for Summerslam

Brock Lesnar will get his win back from Batista

Booker T will retire

Shawn Michaels will have fought Eddie Guerrero

John Cena will have lost the World Title to Triple H

There will be no Taboo Tuesday 2006

Production values will lower

Kurt Angle will be a) wrestling an even slower style or b) paralyzed

Eddie Guerrero will be dead

Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Steve Austin will be the announcers for Raw.

The in-ring matches will consist of nothing but brawling, one signature move and the finish.

UFC will have bigger ratings than WWE.

Raw is be filmed in smaller arenas.

Stevie Richards will be injuried by 3 more rookies.

Jushin Thunder Lyger, Mistico, Amazing Red, SAT will be signed to save the Cruiserweight division.

5 more wrestlers will be bald.

5 more wrestlers will be bald.

Stone Cold John Cena!! :D

"That's tha bottom line, yaw'll, 'cause the Chain Gang said so!!" *Cena tosses a beer to Bischoff, Bischoff drinks, and Cena gives him an F-U, then flips him off furiously before turning it into the "You can't see me" gesture*

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

By the way things are going I seriously think WWE is going to go even further away from being a "wrestling show" and go more towards being a variety show.

I think they will run less house shows and put all their focus on their televison shows. They will only have maybe 2 matches tops per show..and double the backstage antics.

They will look even less for guys with actual wrestling talent and will start to hire actual actors. They will release even more of the wrestling talent and replace them with guys who have a "good look" and has an actual acting background.

Plus they will hire even more women who are not wrestlers and put alot of focus on them.

They will fire or release more of the "old school" type guys who don't agree with the company's new direction.

I know this sounds crazy..but I feel this is the direction they are heading. Maybe not within a year's time but not in the too far distant future. It has been said Stephanie is wanting to take WWE as far away from their "heritage" as possible.

I am boycotting this thread until my The WWE will expand the qualifications in their job description for writers to include "must know how wrestlers bleed, or be willing to learn the hardway." gets recognized for its wonderful wrestling pun.

And I like one of Razas predictions.

Shelton Benjamin will his big main event push before losing the PPV world title match and being depushed to the lower-midcard.

Eugene will be reverted to Nick Dinsmore and be a heel.

The bWo will long be disbanded and only Stevie Richards and Nova will remain.

No less than three of the Diva Search 2 contestants will still be under contract with WWE.

Paul Birchall will have a televised WWE match but will be forced to use a standard hoss moveset.

Guest JMA

There will be even more shoot angles.

The tag team division will still be in decline.

Edge and Rob Van Dam will have been champions.

JBL will continue to be pushed as the "star" of Smackdown.

John Cena will improve as a worker (he'll pretty much have to).

Heidenreich will be unemployed.

Jillian's mole will be sold on eBAY.

WWE.com will start to update their website more.

Scotty 2 Hotty will be unemployed.

William Regal will start managing wrestlers.

There will be a third Diva Search to the delight of no one.

Kane's gimmick will be revamped.

Rene Dupree will get a big push with a rip-off of "The Model" gimmick.

Daivari will become Cruiserweight champion.

Mark Magnus will be a major player on Raw.

I thought WWE was going to do that last year based on his purple trunks and boots as opposed to Rick Martel's pink trunks and boots, but now it looks like WWE's changed his look into that of a stereotypical Frenchman, with the black mustache and slicked black hair.

I guess within a year, though, that'll be changed into WWE going all out with "The New Model" character for Rene Dupree, knowing them.

I wonder if WWE's going to keep having Rob Conway looking like a gay Buff Bagwell within a year...

Guest JMA

I wonder if WWE's going to keep having Rob Conway looking like a gay Buff Bagwell within a year...

Wasn't Buff Bagwell already "the gay Buff Bagwell"? Conway's gimmick could be referred to as "the even gayer Buff Bagwell."

Wasn't Buff Bagwell already "the gay Buff Bagwell"? Conway's gimmick could be referred to as "the even gayer Buff Bagwell."

Yeah. "I'm Buff and I'm the stuff! The girls just can't get enough!" Lame, especially since Bagwell had his mom with him instead of a hot chick.