TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Signs Tatanka

I wish they'd convince (read: pay a shitload of money to) Macho Man to set aside his hate towards Hogan to come back. Man, what I wouldn't give to pop for Pomp and Circumstance again.

Savage to replace Bischoff as General Manager, maybe?

...yes, I had a dream like that once before.

Guest *KNK*
I wish they'd convince (read: pay a shitload of money to) Macho Man to set aside his hate towards Hogan to come back. Man, what I wouldn't give to pop for Pomp and Circumstance again.

Savage to replace Bischoff as General Manager, maybe?

...yes, I had a dream like that once before.

Why? Did you not see Savage in TNA? He was an atrocious "performer" and he was a complete shell of even his 1999 version..much less what we all fondly remember him for.

That would be a monumental waste of money considering there's nothing meaningful for Savage to do, other then a DVD and WWE can do that without Savage if they felt so inclined.

This probably isn't true, because in 2002 or 2003 he had a post up at his website that he would be back for the Rumble.

Whatever it is, it better not be for some fulltime return. And I really can't see that happening. There's nothing he can really bring to the table.

They should bring Ludvig Borga back for one night to pin him with one finger.

I think that Tatanka is delusional and this is just either a very short term or a legends contract. If he's back full time, awesome. I'm bored with almost every performer WWE puts on TV, so if they want to bring back Tatanka, One Man Gang, The Barbarian, and IRS, it'll only inspire me to watch the shows more often.

Um, why? He's fat and didn't get any reaction. Something's wrong when Tatanka has a contract and Marty Janetty doesn't. (I know he was in jail, but he should have been picked up the minute he was out if the only reason he was arrested was something small like having a shouting argument with his girlfriend)

I'd take everything that Chris Chavis says with a grain of salt. It's not as if his fans will give a shit when it turns out that he's lying.

Janetty showed that he was still in great shape, and put out two solid matches, including a probable MOTYC in consecutive days. THAT's why he was offered a contract.

Guest Biggles

He didn't look too bad in the ring being he was gone for such a long time. Meh, give him a contract and we'll see what he can do

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Didn't they have plenty of time to do something with Jannety but didn't before he got arrested?

I'd bet money it wasn't actually Tatanka who made that post.

You win...I maybe!

From PWInsider:

Chris "Tatanka" Chavis posted the following on the main page of his website, in response to false reports circulating on his message board that he was at WWE headquarters today and visiting with Bret Hart: "I want to express that things went very well backstage and in the ring at MONDAY NIGHT RAW and I will be speaking with the office in the upcoming days. Until I release an OFFICIAL statement by me do not trust any false statements. I will at the proper time release info according to the decisions and direction of the officials of the WWE. I appreciate you all! "Pilamia Yelo" Thank you!"....Thanks to Michael Larkin for contributing.

That says he posted it on the main page, but I see it on the message board just like the other one was posted. The member who posted this new one is "The Real Chris Chavis Tatanka".

Hopefully this is just for the Legends program and the odd appearance, because there's no fucking reason why he should be signed otherwise.

Legend? What the fuck boat did I miss.

Secondly, congratulations to the next Raw Tag Team Champs Eugene and Tatanka. Conventional wisdom says that this sadly is in the cards.

Guest Korgath

I wonder what his entrance theme is going to be?

I'm guessing "TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO! TATANKA! BUFFALO!" repeat ad nauseum.

Tatanka could have been a longer lasting star had they not done the incredibly stupid act of turning him heel at SS 94. That was such a horrible decision in that he never really changed his act any, or sold out by wearing a suit for DiBiase while in the Corporation, etc.

I can't say it ever dawned on me that they should bring back Tatanka, but given the foolish way his career was killed in the mid 90s maybe they feel they owe him one.

you want to believe him? have you read his bio on the site? he alternates betwwen first person and third person POV while talking about his "great" career and makes it seem as though he was a huge star. in fact I once emailed the link to RD at Wreslecrap about 3 years ago and he featured it in the mailbag.

Now while I used to like him as a kid, and he was very popular with the crowd, his impact on history is minimal to non-existant

but it was cool to hear that song again and see him do the "tack in his shoe" dance. (as Bobby Heenan once put it)

Eugene/Tatanka vs Heidenreich/Animal at Survivor Series? I'm so there.

If they want to go insane with the nostalgia acts, for the love of God, somebody make my life complete and re-hire Giant Gonzalez.

Yeah his overall historical significance is negligible but he could have been a bigger star with better booking. He probably should have at least won the IC title at some point in 1993, if nothing else to pay off his win streak (Shawn could have beat him in a rematch to end the streak, which makes more sense than Borga killing him).

My feelings on it are summed as thus: If he comes back, I won't be upset and might even enjoy seeing him...but if not, no sweat.

Didn't they have plenty of time to do something with Jannety but didn't before he got arrested?

Jannety insisted on performing his indy dates before appearing on TV again.

I think he'll end up like Jannety and prolly appear one more time then be gone for good.

Guest Joejigatame

Did any one actually bother to LOOK at the site? It's quite clear that the "Chris Chavis" who revealed this shocking contract signing was a fake. :rolleyes: Get a grip people, please.

The saddest thing is that everyone bought this for a while, so what does that say about WWE's talent acquisitions of late? Hell if anything this might give them the idea to sign Tatanka.

I wasn't a regular watcher back when Tatanka was at his biggest, but didn't they build him up with a long winning streak (similar to what they did with Luger about that same time, and they did a lame double DQ at KotR to avoid jobbering either of them), and after it was over, he lost most of his steam anyway?

IOW, I have doubts if the heel turn could have revitalized his career or not.