TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest seth86

Bret Hart meeting WWE

Brothers-in-law.  ;)

Well I know that (I don't remember hearing it wasn't like that anymore, but it could be), but seeing how bitter Bret has been over the years, it wouldn't surprise me if they were not on speaking terms or something. Wasn't much of the Hart family torn apart for this reason and that?

Eh, I just thought it would be cool to see The Anvil be the one to do it. They are, or were, family. They both hit it big with one another. They were a part of a very close faction, and it all ties in together with Owen, Bulldog, and Pillman. Since all three of those guys have passed, it would be fitting for the remaining living member to be there on Bret's big day, and could make for an even more emotional moment.

I know I'm in the minority though, and I know it'll end up being Benoit (or HBK just for shits), heh.

Brothers-in-law.  ;)

Since all three of those guys have passed, it would be fitting for the remaining living member to be there on Bret's big day, and could make for an even more emotional moment.

He could still be there, like Hogan did with his family.

Guest *KNK*

Why? It's an legitimate question to make here.

How much should and will they acknowledge Owen in the DVD? If memory serves, only time they have brought up the tragedy of Owen's death is the brief piece on Benoit's dvd.

Assuming Bret does get full control of this DVD, It would be logical to assume that Owen will play a small but significant part of this dvd, if it's truly going to cover Bret's career and not just everything before and up to Montreal.

I don't believe Bret would want Owen to be inducted because he would know it would seem cheap and have to drege up memories that I'm guessing Vince really doesnt want to bring back beyond the neccesary mentions in Benoit and Bret's dvd.

After Bret's dvd is released, I will have to assume that will be the final time Owen's death will ever be mentioned again on a WWE product, as it should be.

I would love for Bret to mandate that Owen/Bulldog euro title final match be a special easter egg for his dvd because he cherished them and knows it's unlikely their work will ever see the light of day.

Assuming Bret does get full control of this DVD, It would be logical to assume that Owen will play a small but significant part of this dvd, if it's truly going to cover Bret's career and not just everything before and up to Montreal.

I don't believe Bret would want Owen to be inducted because he would know it would seem cheap and have to drege up memories that I'm guessing Vince really doesnt want to bring back beyond the neccesary mentions in Benoit and Bret's dvd.

After Bret's dvd is released, I will have to assume that will be the final time Owen's death will ever be mentioned again on a WWE product, as it should be.

I would love for Bret to mandate that Owen/Bulldog euro title final match be a special easter egg for his dvd because he cherished them and knows it's unlikely their work will ever see the light of day.

Yes, and he should do. Owen-Bret WMX should be on there for sure.

I think the same too.

I think it will be.

And yes, that would be lovely.

Guest *KNK*

I think the same too.

I think it will be.

I wonder if they have any home video footage of matches they had growing up. That would be amazing to see.

I'd love to see them put Owen/Bret's Ironman over Shawn/Bret ironman but that's not going to happen.

Bret is a huge mark for that IronMan match with Shawn for whatever reason.

I think the same too.

I think it will be.

I wonder if they have any home video footage of matches they had growing up. That would be amazing to see.

I'd love to see them put Owen/Bret's Ironman over Shawn/Bret ironman but that's not going to happen.

Someone here said that they are going to show the Stampede wrestling stuff, so it may be included there.

When did this Ironman match take place? I thought Bret really didnt like it that much. :huh:

I tend to agree. At the same time, it has been years, and people do get over the emotional pain of death. Maybe if they were going to do it in a really classy manner, just as a way of recognizing what he did for the business, and showing him respect and giving him the place in history he deserves, they might do it.

If Bret wants it, it will happen. I'd think Vince would be scared to even mention the idea to Bret though.

I tend to agree. At the same time, it has been years, and people do get over the emotional pain of death. Maybe if they were going to do it in a really classy manner, just as a way of recognizing what he did for the business, and showing him respect and giving him the place in history he deserves, they might do it.

If Bret wants it, it will happen. I'd think Vince would be scared to even mention the idea to Bret though.

I think the only way it would happen if Bret and Vince were to remain on good terms, and Bret brings it up. I think it wouldnt happen at WMXXII, but at a later ceremony, with Bret himself inducting him.

Guest *KNK*

I think the same too.

I think it will be.

Someone here said that they are going to show the Stampede wrestling stuff, so it may be included there.

When did this Ironman match take place? I thought Bret really didnt like it that much. :huh:

Bret and Owen never wrestled each other in Stampede. As far as my memory goes.

I'm talking bout footage of the matches in their HOME.

The ironman match took place, I believe in 1994 during a house show. I never heard bret comment on his feelings towards the match.

Guest *KNK*
There could always be an Owen Hart DVD. Maybe a Brian Pillman one too.

Once again, I strongly doubt Vince wants to REMIND people of Owen's death nor would he want to appear to be cashing in on Owen's death, even if he donated 100% of the proceeds to Owen's family or his charity.

Quite frankly they don't need the money, they got more then enough money already.

Andre got a DVD because it was a transfer of a old vhs edition and Andre was, with all due respect to Owen...

An actual legend in the business. Owen is only remembered, largely for his death (beyond this community), no matter how you slice it, his legacy is always going to be "The wrestler who died doing a stunt in 1999", sadly i wish it was "A member of the history Hart family and long time WWE superstar" but it's not.

That's the only reason they would even do a dvd for Owen. Because he's a famous name for the wrong and worst reasons.

Owen wasn't a legend, he was a career mid-carder who had a famous wrestling name. He had alot of great matches, no question but so has Rick Rude, Curt Hening and countless others who have passed and yet to gotten dvd treatment.

It wouldn't be fair to give Owen a DVD tribute and not to others.

Guest JMA

I don't think anyone believes Owen was a legend. Nonetheless, he should still be in the HOF if guys like Volkoff and Rodz are in it. And he should still get a DVD.

The WWE Hall of Fame is, basically, the freakin' Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame....so....if you want Owen in...why not give the Hart "family" the whole freakin' night...induct Owen, Bret, Davey Boy (I can't remember if he's in yet or not), et al....and put over the whole family...and their contributions....get em all together for a worthy cause...and it would be a just and magical night...and....an awesome DVD I would plunk money down for anyway...but...would be even happier if they went to some sort of charity...

The WWE Hall of Fame is, basically, the freakin' Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame....so....if you want Owen in...why not give the Hart "family" the whole freakin' night...induct Owen, Bret, Davey Boy (I can't remember if he's in yet or not), et al....and put over the whole family...and their contributions....get em all together for a worthy cause...and it would be a just and magical night...and....an awesome DVD I would plunk money down for anyway...but...would be even happier if they went to some sort of charity...

Right fuckin on. I'd pay $$ to see a HOF ceremony of that nature next year in Chicago. MN isnt too far away! I think Vince is willing enough to even do that to get Bret to be a part of the "WWE family" again.

Guest JMA

Bret needs to be a writer or trainer for WWE. He knows how to book a good angle (he helped do so in his feud with Austin) and his knowledge could help improve many of the younger wrestlers. If WWE wanted to push a guy with questionable talent, they could send him to Bret--who could show the guy how not to embarrass himself in the ring.

As much of a fan as I am of Owen Hart, I doubt he'll ever get his own DVD for the reasons others have already stated. They might do a Hart Foundation one, where they can cram in stuff from all five members, like tag matches between Bret/Anvil and the Bulldogs, Owen and Bulldog's tag matches, Pillman's work with Austin in the Hollywood Blonds, and obviously the Canadian Stampede match. If they can do a Legion of Doom DVD, they could definitely do a Hart Foundation one.

What is the deal with the "Hall of Fame", anyway? I remember for years they would blab on and on about how Pat Patterson was a member. Then they start doing these mass "inductions" into a fictionous hall of fame? It's not like the baseball or football ones or anything right, do they plan to actually build one at some point?

Guest *KNK*

You would think they would at least have a section of the WWE Offices devoted to the "Hall of Fame".

Yea, the burial job they were going to do to Bret is totally uncalled for. Bret busted his ass for over a decade to help the WWE and this is how they were going to repay him? I'm just glad he got involved in the project b/c now I know it will be a DVD worth buying.

While a Warrior burial DVD would be a bit humorous someone like Bret simply doesn't deserve it. Simple as that.