TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Forget WoW, join KoL!

I don't know how the first post got broken, but, let me try again.

Kingdom of Loathing

It's probably the best free on-line RPG ever to have existed. Hone the craft of meatsmithing. Fight Knob Goblins and drunken Hoboes.

Six exciting classes and two genders to choose from! Will you be a mighty Seal Clubber, a devious Disco Bandit, or perhaps go for the arcane Pastamancer?

Also, Raynor is involved, so you know it's quality.

IT AM BE FUN MUCH!

In just under an hour, I went from a Level 1 Funky Footpad with no meat or equipment to a Level 2 Rhythm Rogue with a Sweet Ninja Sword, Chef's Hat, and Leather Studded Boxer Shorts, and over 500 meats!

If I can do it, you can too!

In just under an hour, I went from a Level 1 Funky Footpad with no meat or equipment to a Level 2 Rhythm Rogue with a Sweet Ninja Sword, Chef's Hat, and Leather Studded Boxer Shorts, and over 500 meats!

If I can do it, you can too!

I'm gonna be a turtle tamer, it's gonna be roxxorz!

After I finish my match, :)

I've got two characters going since I rock (I figure once one of us reaches level 7, we can form a clan). A level two Mariachi Thief, and a level three Pastamancer. I might become a Turtle Tamer just to have the trifecta of Strong, Magical, and Moxie.

Also: Raynor smells since he isn't doing missions, but just killing things and getting meat. He better start meatsmithing crap. MEAT PANTS! MEAT HELMET!

Kentucky-style derby? No match for Dirty Hobo Gloves with +2 Stench Damage. Or Mariachi pants.

Or what about my Pastamancer's Spooky Stick and Knob Goblin pants? Among other things of awesome-ness.

Hey, GOdrea, what have you been doing in the Kingdom of Loathing?

Oh, not too much, you know, just FINDING THE DOLPHIN KING'S TREASURE! 150 Meat and the Dolphin King's Crown, bitches!

Also, I'm one task away from being a kick-ass Pastamancer and shit. Fuck yeah!

Edit: Oh, hell yes! Just made me a fuckin' barskin tent! That's one part bar skin, one part wooden stakes, and one part meat paste. Combine bar skin with wooden stakes using meat paste, and huzzah, a motherfucking bar skin tent you can place on your campground to rest in.

Is this gonna be another one of those fads that we all do for a couple months before forgetting about it?

I just joined as BarbaricBerzerker, the awesomest Seal Clubber in all the land.

I plan on sticking with it. But that's just me.

Word to the wise: Help defend the gourd tower as much as possible. That gourd potion gives a big increase to your primary statistic. My Turtle Tamer got like 48 Muscleboundedness points just from one and jumped up from level 3 to level 4 in one go. Booyashaka indeed.

Edit: I'm also in the process of building a meat car for my Accordion Thief. Already got some Dope Wheels (Sweet rims + Tires).

So, has anyone ventured into the KoL chat room? I might take the plunge later on, but I am frightened and such. Radio KoL is actually pretty decent. I suggest Manson try and become a DJ, if only to hear the raw power of MANSONOSITY. Or maybe Thoth can DJ. He'd play all DDR songs, I bet, and do weird voices for the childrens. To the max!

No. I'm only at fifth level. Two more to go and such.

I really need to get into radio chat (As do you guys), as contests giving away several million meat sounds pretty damn good. But, I'm lazy, and also, scared of these crazy KoL people and their 90000 level characters.

I'm still level 5 as well. Spending all my meats on Moxie Weeds, though, to try and boost my way up.

Drea - have you killed the Boss Bat yet? If so, where the hell did you find him? I've been adventuring in the Bat Hole for days now, haven't seen him.

I've only got the Entryway and the Guano Hole open. I don't know how to open the other chambers yet. Of course, to get to the Guano Hole, you need something with Stench Resistance (Like an Asshat), so maybe you need something to get through the blocked chambers. In like an hour, DJ Ashallond will be on Radio KoL, and he said earlier that he'll be doing a strategy type show, so I guess someone could go into chat and ask for help.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I figured we should give out our character names, or whatever, so we can find people when it's clan time. I already know Manson is BarbaricBezerker. My Accordion Thief is GOdrea, Pastamancer is Rogue Sandwich, and my Turtle Tamer (What, I wanted a Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie character each) is Theta. So, yeah.

JJ, Rayn-Man, anyone else, what do you go by in the Kingdom of Loathing?

All hail Guy Sanchez, the Accordian Thief!

Edit: In a mere 90 minutes, Guy Sanchez is now a Level 2 Mariachi Larcenist using a pail for a hat, wearing Knob Goblin pants, using Dr. Hobo's scalpel as a weapon and carrying around a continuum transfunctioner that has a purpose for which I haven't figured out yet. I also have a 3 pound mosquito as a familiar which I have dubbed Humberto Ramadan Spopopovich.

Yeah Rando, it says after 60 days of account inactivity, it gets deleted.

Ced: The Continuum Transfunctioner is used in the 8-Bit Realm (The Inexplicable Door in the Spooky Forest). Get pixels and take them to the Crackpot Mystic and he'll make you stuff. Got to have a rating of 20 in your primary stat, though.

Anyone else built their meat car yet, or beat their nemesis in the Mountains? I'm also very close to building a meat maid, and she gives you and extra four adventures on rollover. Sweetness.

Anyone know where to get equipment that's better than Power 30? My stuff just ain't cuttin' it any more, but the market doesn't have anything useful.

Visit the Mall. That's where I picked up my White Sword (40 Power) and the pieces for an Icy-Hot Katana for whenever I hit 30 Muscle. And you can easily beat the Dr. Hobo quest for Dr. Hobo's Scalpel, which is a (small) step up at 35 Power.