TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

This Week in Baseball

Great game in Queens tonight. Seo turns in an amazing, entertaining performance (8 IP, 0 R, 4 H) with like ten thousand Koreans cheering him on, and Reyes has a terrific night (4 H, 3 SB) in a 1-0 Mets victory.

Seo's been incredible. He's given up one run in his last three starts.

You certainly wouldn't expect someone to be able to get 4 hits in a 1-0 game. Hell of a game though.

Since he's been getting dumped on by the fans, I predict Steve Finley will be the hitter of tonight's game winning HR.

The Red Sox should try and get a sponsor for that, make a few bucks.

"And tonight's Chevy Bullpen Blowup of the game is....."

Schilling's got some rest, so that's probably why he was so sharp. He'd appeared a LOT over the past few weeks, and that's gotta effect a guy pushing 40 that's used to four days between appearances. Still, I'd like Foulke back (hopefully he wasn't too hurt by the liner that dinged him today during his live BP outing).

The thing I don't get about Schilling is the fact that hes struggling finishing one or two innings without getting hit hard. How do you guys expect him to go 7+ innings every start without getting killed?

The AL Wild Card is starting to get interesting. An Oakland and Yankees team that is struggling and a tough Indians team with a resurgent Twins is going to make the last month and a half interesting.

Just heard that Schilling is starting on Thursday. Their definitley rushing him back to the rotation. Hes going from one and two inning appearances to 100+ pitches just like that?

Alright, tonight The Royals go for their 20th loss in a row. The Royal are putting Mike Wood, who seems to be a decent enough pitcher considering he pitches for the Royals and The As have Barry Zito starting. The six Royals who have faced Zito, are 7 for 49 against him. I'm going to say The Royals lose their 20th straight tonight.

I feel bad for Buddy Bell. His nephew died in Iraq, and he inherited a crappy team which is now gonna be mired in a record-long losing streak. But if Alan Trammell came out of 2003 in one piece, Buddy can do it too. So keep losing, Kansas City.

I bet the Royals break their streak on Tuesday against The BoSox. The Red Sox have been struggling a bit and its Schilling's first start in months. If there's any game for the Royals to win, it's that one.

Reyes absolutely hammers a first-pitch fastball from Hernandez for a two-run homer (his 4th HR of the year), three at-bats after backup catcher Castro's three-run blast.

Mets lead 5-0. :)

Jesus FUCKING Christ.

Mets' bullpen loses an eight-run lead. Game's tied 8-8 in the top of the ninth.

Thru four in Oakland: Royals 2, A's 1. Oh ya they should soooooooo forfeit the rest of the season if they lose this. I don't know how the hell this offense was so good for two months.

The NL East and Wildcard contenders decide to take a night off, as the Braves, Astros, Marlins, and Nationals say "here ya go" and give the Phillies and Mets a game in the standings tonight. Great effort.

Edit: Wow the Mets suck.

Seriously though, those NL West teams played hard. And the BREWERS, what the fuck? 5 out!

=)

Woodward wins the game in the bottom of the tenth with an RBI Single. Mets are two games out of the Wild Card.

=)

Woodward wins the game in the bottom of the tenth with an RBI Single. Mets are two games out of the Wild Card.

Still doesn't excuse what happened.

Graves better be chased out of town before the Mets are done with the season.

A's have 1st and 3rd with none out and bases loaded with one out in 6th but they can't score against the mighty Royals bullpen. Three innings from the season being over.