Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Batista

Edge

Randy Orton

Kurt Angle

Rey Mysterio

Chris Benoit

To quickly explain my picks... I can't see Hogan winning over a full time superstar like that. Sorry... Cena and Batista will retain. If anything, I think Jericho could possible win it thanks to Bischoff and Carlito, but lose it back on Raw the next night somehow... There is no way WWE will do the Edge/Hardy match right, so Edge will win, even if it includes Matt getting his payback after the match has ended... Eugene can't beat Angle, and Eugene has never beaten angle. Lasting 3 minutes is nothing.... Mysterio continues his winning streak. I could see Rey winning, but doing a storyline where Dominic wants to go with Eddie anyway. And then I see Benoit winning just because Orlando has done nothing with the title.

I can't see Hogan winning over a full time superstar like that.

That's a good point, but consider 2 things:

-HBK was last seen getting the best of Hogan on Raw, which in WWE logic means Hogan will win;

-Vince his consistently let Hogan win for no reason in the past.

Hell, HBK had the best of Hogan ALL ALONG in the buildup. No way is Shawn leaving DC with a win over Hogan. It's kinda neat to know that Vince has more value in Angle and Rock and Brock for defeating Hulk, but he doesn't seem to have any in Shawn.

It's kinda neat to know that Vince has more value in Angle and Rock and Brock for defeating Hulk, but he doesn't seem to have any in Shawn.

I don't blame him...there was more value in the other guys beating him.

I can't see Hogan winning over a full time superstar like that.

And consider a third thing:

-HBK isn't a full time superstar anymore really either.

He's not a full time TV worker, which is what really counts in what we're talking about here. He comes and goes, gets taken off of TV for periods of time only to be brought back for an angle or two here and there.

Guest Biggles

WWE Championship

John Cena © vs Chris Jericho

Icon vs Icon

Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista © vs John Bradshaw Layfield

Edge vs Matt Hardym (feud continues because the wwe are gonna want to milk this for every penny)

Undertaker vs Randy Orton (feud continues)

Eugene vs Kurt Angle

Winner Gets Dominick

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio (feud continues)

United States Championship

Orlando Jordan © vs Chris Benoit

Once again not true at all. He suffered a few knee injuries since late 2004 that took him off for a couple months at a time, the most recent in June when he hyperextended his knee and was out for three weeks from Edge giving him a "concussion." The only time he has taken off from TV non-injury related was for two months last summer after his HIAC with Triple H because his wife was having a baby girl.

Guest Zarock

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

J.R.: SWEET CHIN MUSIC OHMYGOD, SWEET CHIN MUSIC. ONE, TWO, AND HOGAN KICKED OUT~!!! BAH GOD, HOGAN KICKED OUT!!!

Winner: Hogan

WWE Championship Match:

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

Considering that Jericho's been showing all the unstoppability of a rocking horse, I fully expect him to lose to an FU following obscene amounts of Bischoff/Carlito interference. J.R., Coach, and King will all be completely suprised by this.

Winner: Young M.Cena

World Championship Match:

Batista vs. JBL

Probably one or two cool spots, but mostly shit concluded by a spinebuster/Batista Bomb combo.

Winner: Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Thankfully, they've been advertisting this as a straight-up brawl, which I hope it is. That said, Lita's going to be interfering near the end. I fully expect a MITB suitcase shot victory/DQ winning.

Winner: Either one, doesn't matter

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

R-K-O 1-2-3~!!!

Winner: ORTON ORTON ORTON

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

meh

Winner: Angle

Ladder Match:

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

I think this one's going to be good. Really good.

Winner: Who's that coming out the sky? Are you blind, it's REY MYSTERIO!

WWE U.S. Championship Match:

Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit

meh

Winner: Benoit, although that's what I thought at GAB too.

-HBK was last seen getting the best of Hogan on Raw, which in WWE logic means Hogan will win;

I wonder what the statistic is on that... the person that gets the best of their opponent going into a PPV losing.

By my estimation it has to be at least 80%. I've won a few prediction contests on other boards based almost purely on this inverse winning rule.

Alls I knows is that Matt Hardy better use some awesome submissions in his match tonight, or it's gonna blow.

Am I the only one who can't see all three of the big faces, Cena/Batista/Hogan, winning their matches?

Cena needs to be strong for HHH's return. He's not jobbing.

Batista will not be jobbing to a guy that tanked business as a champion.

Hogan is facing Austin at WrestleMania. He sure as shit ain't jobbing.

HBK

Cena

Batista

Edge

Orton

Angle

Rey

Benoit

The only thing I'm worried about(as far as my picks go), is that it's *so* fucking obvious that Jericho has no chance......they they may give him the title just for the shock factor.

Fazzle, I'd mark.

The more I think about it...the more I think it'll happen.

It was basically the EXACT same buildup for when he won the Undisputed title. He was getting destroyed by everyone every show, and being made to look like he didn't even deserve to be in the mini-tourney.

If Jericho wins there is no way he holds it more than a day or maybe 2 weeks. They have given no one a reason to think he has a hope in hell of winning here.

As I said, all I want tonight is the Cabinet jobbing. If at the end of the night both JBL and Orlando are looking at the lights, I'll be satisfied.

If Jericho wins the title just to shock and surprise people, they're idiots. Long term, it would serve zero purpose, and it's a loss that would damage Cena, because Jericho has no credibility at all as a top guy.

Just another random question that I'm thinking of while watching the Free For All on WWE.com

Why did they all of a sudden go away from Fat Joe, and make Seether's "Remedy" the Summerslam theme song?

If Jericho wins the title just to shock and surprise people, they're idiots. Long term, it would serve zero purpose, and it's a loss that would damage Cena, because Jericho has no credibility at all as a top guy.

Unless he wins it back the very next night on Raw.

I find it somehow disturbing Cena has had one of the longest WWE title reigns since Deisel. While only half of JBL's, its pretty damn long compared to any other WWE champion over the last decade.

Unless he wins it back the very next night on Raw.

I find it somehow disturbing Cena has had one of the longest WWE title reigns since Deisel. While only half of JBL's, its pretty damn long compared to any other WWE champion over the last decade.

Even if he wins it back on Raw, it hurts Cena to lose to someone that nobody buys as a top guy. If they had spent time building Jericho up since WM 21, then it might work. But not how things are now.