TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest darealdeal21

bands that everyone loves, but you hate!

Coldplay.

A lot of people think I'm joking.

But fuck Coldplay.

I find them to be uninteresting, low talanted and angering.

Fuck them.

Agree with that sentiment whole heartedly

Also I'll add Dave Matthews to this list, who I think litterally is the shittiest band in the world.

Let's not forget Jack Johnson too

John Mayer

Emo Bands

basically these all fall under the ButtRock Genre

Also I am starting to develop a hate for the Killers

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Anyway, wholeheartedly agree. Handsome Young Men On Guitars (John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Howie Day, their ilk) do nothing for me. The Killers aren't that great. "Mr. Brightside" has "Let's be obnoxious 16-year-olds and blast this on our car stereo on a warm July evening as we go hit up a Denny's to be craaazy teens, oh life is sweet!" written all over it.

To Edwin.

I've listened to the Bends and Ok Computer, and I think their music is great, but the main reason I really can't get into them is Thom Yorke. Other than a handful of songs I like, I really can't justify and go by an album and listen to it.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Anyway, wholeheartedly agree. Handsome Young Men On Guitars (John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Howie Day, their ilk) do nothing for me. The Killers aren't that great. "Mr. Brightside" has "Let's be obnoxious 16-year-olds and blast this on our car stereo on a warm July evening as we go hit up a Denny's to be craaazy teens, oh life is sweet!" written all over it.

Gee, I don't get that at all from any of the Killers' stuff, but hey, maybe people are different in your area. I personally think the Killers are pretty neat and innovative (yes, I know a lot of their lyrics are very derivative, but still, their music is neat).

I think the point of this thread was not to put widely reviled bands like Nickelback and Jet.

And Oh boy guys. If you hated Franz Ferdinand before, wait until you hear their new single. I liked the band, and saw them put on a great live show; but their new single is fucking insufferable.

Gee, I don't get that at all from any of the Killers' stuff, but hey, maybe people are different in your area. I personally think the Killers are pretty neat and innovative (yes, I know a lot of their lyrics are very derivative, but still, their music is neat).

Check out The Faint. Quite a few of these pseudo "new wave" bands around totally ripped off The Faint.

Bruce Springsteen

Lovage (I love Mike Patton, but I just can't get into their album Sure it's amusing, but it sounds so much like so many other trip hop albums that have been released. Oh, and I fucking hate the Song "Book of the Month")

Front 242 (I don't hate them, but they just sound kind of bland to me. I do hate their newer stuff, but almost everyone hates their new stuff)

Most of the old punk bands. There are some I like (The Ramones, The Clash, Wire, and my favorite is Suicide) but most punk (The Damned, The Buzzcocks, The UK Subs) are kind of boring to me. Personally, I like 60's garage rock more.

Rage Against the Machine. Actually, it's more of the frontman I hate. That guy's voice was more grating to the nerves than a cheese shredder to the rectum. Plus, they ruined Devos "It's a Beautiful World" and Erik B and Rakims "Microphone Fiend", which is unforgiveable. Oh, and the fact that so many people think they "Stood for Something". Don't give me that shit. Face it folks, it was all bullshit.

I hate any rapper, their posse, and anyone associated with them, that is even semi popular with the possible exception of Will Smith

Guest Temet
The Killers are good, but the Bravery is better.

I'm not a fan of either of these bands, but the Killers tear the Bravery apart. When the best thing you have going for you is a videoclip you're in trouble.

The Beatles. I know their music paved the way for Rock but I just can't stand listening to them.

same here, i just like a couple of songs but that's it.

i really don't see why everyone seems to like Coldplay, i just find them so boring

I just find myself indifferent to Coldplay.

This is more of a particular song I hate that everyone seems to love, rather than a band: "Sweet Caroline". The drunken participation sections ("Duh-duh-duuuh!" and "So good! So good! So good!") annoy the hell out of me when at any public gathering where buzzed, receeded hairline MBAs want to still prove that they're "hip", in an old-school way, or blasted, dumb-ass frat boys and sorority chicks want to show that they're "down with the classics".

It had it's retro-cool resurgence, but it's way past time for it to be re-retired, such as "Celebration" was 20 years ago.

This is more of a particular song I hate that everyone seems to love, rather than a band: "Sweet Caroline".  The drunken participation sections ("Duh-duh-duuuh!"  and "So good!  So good! So good!") annoy the hell out of me when at any public gathering where buzzed, receeded hairline MBAs want to still prove that they're "hip", in an old-school way, or blasted, dumb-ass frat boys and sorority chicks want to show that they're "down with the classics". 

Try being in Boston ... they play that song at (literally) every Red Sox fan so it's reached a sickening level of popularity here.

Don't necessarily hate hate HATE them...but I have no interest in the Rolling Stones. I know they're one of the greatest groups ever...but their tunes I can take or leave.

Now...I do hate hate hate HATE Blues Traveler. Talk about blues gone pop...I want to pull my tongue out and beat myself senseless with it if I'm forced to hear their music. Or I'd rather have John Popper wrap his mouth around a cheeseburger, clamp down and just SHUT UP! :)

I really really really really really REALLY sincerely hate Jeff Wayne and yet I can't find a bad online review for the absolutely atrocious War Of The Worlds album.

Exile on Main Street has more than five.

and he forgot the first 5 songs on sticky fingers. he doesn't know what he's talking about. clearly. satisfaction bores me for some reason. i always liked get off my cloud more. i always interelated the two. between the buttons has a plethora of great tracks. lets spend the night together? cmon, that song is brilliant. forget david bowie's poor interpretation or remake on alladin sane. it'll make you like the song less.