TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest darealdeal21

bands that everyone loves, but you hate!

Radiohead

zzz...

I used to not get Radiohead, until I discovered "Life in a Glass House," "The National Anthem," and "Idioteque." Now I'm crazy into them. Jonny Greenwood is an amazing musician. Thom Yorke still kind of annoys me, though, especially when he says it's too much for him to record a full album, and he'd rather just do a bunch of EPs. Of course, since we'd be paying more that way. Pink Floyd never fucked around with EPs.

had to get that off my chest

Radiohead is really good, they don't bore me.

I'm really not a fan of the Sex Pistols. I mean I can tolerate it but it's not like the be all and end all of punk music. Give me The Ramones over them anyday of the week (twice on Sundays.)

I also don't like A Perfect Circle outside of one or two songs.

Hopefully we're allowed to pick more than one band ...

Guns n Roses. Sublime. Tool. U2. Modest Mouse. The Ramones. Green Day. Nirvana. Pearl Jam. Aerosmith. Franz Ferdinand. Weezer. The Beastie Boys. The Clash. The Doors. System of a Down.

I could go on and on. 'Popular' music sucks.

Most bands that seem to be popular in the UK right now:the White Stripes, Jet, James Blunt, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, the Libertines, Babyshambles, the Killers, Snow Patrol, Coldplay. All utterly hateful

Modest Mouse

What the fuck do people see in that garbage?

Largely excellent, mournful songwriting, and a compressed anxiety that's really satisfying when it pops off (witness "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine").

And people who hate Radiohead should just buy The Bends, which I challenge anyone not to like. It completely lacks any of the stuff people usually complain about (they're so wanky, what's this music all about, this is boring) and is start-to-finish packed with great songs.

So many bands to add to my list: pretty much every band referenced since I posted, with the exception of Coldplay (which I learned to like through a female friend of mine ... who's painfully attractive. She could have made me listen to Hitler's propoganda speeches and I'd have probably learned to like them.)

DKM are more of an 'meh' than an actual hate. I've seen them live, and like the hardcore scene enough to appreciate them. But I wouldn't ever call myself a fan at all.

Coldplay.

A lot of people think I'm joking.

But fuck Coldplay.

I find them to be uninteresting, low talanted and angering.

Fuck them.

Agree with that sentiment whole heartedly

Also I'll add Dave Matthews to this list, who I think litterally is the shittiest band in the world.

Let's not forget Jack Johnson too

John Mayer

Emo Bands

basically these all fall under the ButtRock Genre

Also I am starting to develop a hate for the Killers

Guest Fook

I don't hate the Killers (yet), but I don't see the big deal about them. Their stuff is just average at best.

I second Dave Matthews.

Coldplay.

A lot of people think I'm joking.

But fuck Coldplay.

I find them to be uninteresting, low talanted and angering.

Fuck them.

I half agree to this. Their first big release, Parachutes, was great. Rush of Blood... was okay, and then this new one is just more of the SAME. Seriously, try changing it up a bit, guys! I'd say "I like old Coldplay, but the new shit sucks" and that applies for U2 as well. :P

My list.. just a portion, it's really long otherwise:

Pete Yorn

Sum 41

Avril Lavigne

Anything from American or Canadian Idol - PLEASE, GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY TV..

Nickelback and any of their 1,000,000 clone bands

Nu-metal, Nu-rock bullshit like Evanescence or anyone from a superhero comic book movie soundtrack these days

Maroon 5

Interpol

The Libertines

Eminem

50 Cent - ooh, you were shot 9 times, that's a great marketing team you've got pal

Lloyd Banks - sorry, who the fuck are you again?

I'll add more later...