TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Sharon Osbourne sabotages Iron Maiden, cuts power

Guest Wart

Ozzy was just on a Houston radio station(I was listening to it online) doing an interview to promote the show there tommorow, and the egg incident was brought up and Ozzy basically said that he wasn't there to see it, but "when you come to America you should have respect for the Americans and not wave the British flag around and say thats the best country and all that crap". He also said something about how Bruce Dickinson shouldn't "bite the hand that feeds".

I think that's what he said anyways, with a lot of mumbling inbetween...

I guess the crowd should have tossed eggs at the British Bulldogs when Ozzy was in their corner at WM 2.

Seriously, what is this controversy with the British flag? I mean the British are one of our closest allies. I don't get why anyone has a problem with it. If Dickenson was doing something disrespectful with the Union Jack then I can see Ozzy taking offense (as a fellow Englishman), but I haven't heard that.

I'm certainly more of a Sabbath fan than Maiden, but I don't like hearing about stuff like this at all.

I guess the crowd should have tossed eggs at the British Bulldogs when Ozzy was in their corner at WM 2. 

Seriously, what is this controversy with the British flag?  I mean the British are one of our closest allies.  I don't get why anyone has a problem with it.  If Dickenson was doing something disrespectful with the Union Jack then I can see Ozzy taking offense (as a fellow Englishman), but I haven't heard that.

I'm certainly more of a Sabbath fan than Maiden, but I don't like hearing about stuff like this at all.

It has nothing to do with anything. It's a straw man Sharon is trying to build up hoping that the general public is too stupid to know any better.

So the man's country, which he was born and raised in and loves with all his heart, is attacked by terrorists on two consecutive Thursday's...and it's BAD to wave his nation's flag to show he loves and supports his country? Yeah, Sharon. You suck at trying to get people to hate the British when you, yourself, ARE BRITISH AND SHOULD REALIZE THAT A BRITISH PATRIOT IS GOING TO BECOME AN EVEN MORE VOCAL BRITISH PATRIOT WHEN HIS COUNTRY IS ATTACKED.

So the man's country, which he was born and raised in and loves with all his heart, is attacked by terrorists on two consecutive Thursday's...and it's BAD to wave his nation's flag to show he loves and supports his country? Yeah, Sharon. You suck at trying to get people to hate the British when you, yourself, ARE BRITISH AND SHOULD REALIZE THAT A BRITISH PATRIOT IS GOING TO BECOME AN EVEN MORE VOCAL BRITISH PATRIOT WHEN HIS COUNTRY IS ATTACKED.

But even beyond that, it's not like this was a random act. He's been doing that as part of Maiden's stage show during the Trooper (a song about the Crimean war and the BRITISH fighting the Russians) for YEARS.

Anyway, this is an awesome strategic move that had to drive Sharon nuts:

RON MAIDEN Keep 'Dignified Silence' Over OZZFEST Feud During LEEDS Festival Performance - Aug. 27, 2005

According to NME.com, IRON MAIDEN kept a "dignified silence" over their high-profile feud with Sharon Osbourne as they brought the first day of the Carling Weekend Leeds Festival to a close.

Friday night's (Aug. 26) main stage headline spectacular was MAIDEN's first performance since their infamous final night show at Ozzfest in Devore, California, where they claim their show was sabotaged at the hands of festival insiders, following remarks made about Ozzy by singer Bruce Dickinson.

But while Dickinson was not short of words, none of them were reserved for Sharon Osbourne, who last week took the stage after their Ozzfest show and branded him a "prick" who had "disrespected Ozzfest."

Introducing a ferocious "Phantom of the Opera", Dickinson acknowledged the ideological split at the Carling Weekend between the metal and indie factions.

He said, "Some of you wouldn't be seen dead buying an IRON MAIDEN album. But this track, if you don't get what IRON MAIDEN are about with this song, you're fucked."

He also revealed that he had not played in Leeds since a show fronting SAMSON in 1979.

IRON MAIDEN's setlist:

01. Murders in the Rue Morgue

02. Another Life

03. Prowler

04. The Trooper

05. Remember Tomorrow

06. Run to the Hills

07. Wrathchild

08. Revelations

09. Where Eagles Dare

10. Die with Your Boots On

11. Phantom of the Opera

12. The Number of the Beast

13. Hallowed be thy Name

14. Iron Maiden

This will all be very useful if there's a lawsuit:

SHARON OSBOURNE Says She Orchestrated Egg-Throwing: My Daughter And I 'Had A Blast' - Aug. 30, 2005

Sharon Osbourne spoke exclusively to Kerrang! magazine (web site) last week regading IRON MAIDEN's final performance on this year's Ozzfest tour, during which she cut MAIDEN's power and arranged to have the band pelted with eggs and debris from the crowd. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Kerrang!: Reading between the lines of [iRON MAIDEN manager] Rod Smallwood's statement, the unspoken suggestion is that you orchestrated this whole thing...

Sharon Osbourne: "Of course I did. I had the PA turned on and off. And look, it's not hard for someone to walk into a diehard Ozzfest crowd and say, 'Who wants to throw an egg at a rock star?' Who wouldn't wanna do that? I went out and bought 50 eggs and me and my daughter had a fucking blast. C'mon, it's rock 'n' roll. No-one died. They'll be waiting a long fucking time for an apology from me."

Kerrang!: The most astonishing thing about all this is that the metal world has always had such camaraderie, such a "one for all, all for one" attitude...

Sharon Osbourne: "It has, right? But for some reason Bruce Dickinson [iRON MAIDEN singer] seemed to view it as a battle of the bands. He'd stand up on that stage and say that this wasn't the Ozzfest anymore, it was MAIDEN-fest. How fucking disrespectful is that? He's got such an '80s mentality. He's up there saying, 'Fuck MTV and fuck radio and you wouldn't catch IRON MAIDEN doing a reality show' and it's like, 'Hang on, you're a shareholder in Sanctuary, which is one of the biggest corporations in the music business.' He's never said a word about SABBATH either, only Ozzy, so it's personal. We've had 220 bands play this tour over the last 10 years and I've never felt the need to egg anyone."

Kerrang!: Up to this point you’re being painted as the "Wicked Witch" here, Sharon...

Sharon Osbourne: "I'm as nice as can be to people until they fuck with me and my family. I've always said that. I'm surprised that after everything that's been reported about how protective I am of my husband that anyone would even be shocked by this."

Kerrang!: Saying things like this could make this run and run...

Sharon Osbourne: "Not for me. We have Ozzfest shows to do so I'm not thinking about this anymore. Bruce Dickhead doesn't exist to me anymore."

Sharon Osbourne's entire interview with Kerrang! can be found in the magazine's latest issue, out on the stands tomorrow (August 31).

(Thanks: Kerrang!)

Figures.

Well maybe if half of the bands at ozzfest didn't suck..

I'm glad they cancelled the Fest here, sure i missed Maiden, but i didn't put a dime into Sharon's pocket.

And another thing,

If Bruce was acting immature, why didn't Sharon just say, "you know what..fine, you're done with the tour, go away."

But no, she had to do this stunt which now makes HER and HER HUSBAND and her entire damn spoiled family look like the idiots, not Bruce.

Maiden 1, Osbournes..0

In a shocking turn of events, I was listening to Brave New World last night after listening to some Ozzy and BLS.

And one of Maiden's weaker albums blows that shit away. Hurrah!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Czech, just skip the t-shirt metyl circuit and go straight to the brutal death. At least they're too poor for genuine rock star egos, thus only leaving personal conceit.

Something occured to me, much later then it should have.

Ozzy was just on a Houston radio station(I was listening to it online) doing an interview to promote the show there tommorow, and the egg incident was brought up and Ozzy basically said that he wasn't there to see it, but "when you come to America you should have respect for the Americans and not wave the British flag around and say thats the best country and all that crap". He also said something about how Bruce Dickinson shouldn't "bite the hand that feeds".

Isn't this the same Ozzy Osbourne who pissed on the Alamo?

Something occured to me, much later then it should have.

Isn't this the same Ozzy Osbourne who pissed on the Alamo?

Yeah but he was drunk, like really really really really really really really really really really really really REALLY drunk. So it's understandable.

End of the day, both sides were acting like pricks only Sharon was the biggest one of them all.

Sharon just sets the bar too damn high to be completely bad at anything Bruce ever does. And it ain't exactly like Bruce has ever been the sweetest man in the world.

I like both bands and I don't blame the bands for this.

I blame Sharon and to a very lesser extent Dickinson but it was just Bruce being Bruce. Not the British flag stuff cause that is where Sharon looks like the world's stupidest human. And can't blame Ozzy cause he has just become a hand puppet for his wife.

And Unleash The Fury isn't too bad of an album. Me and my buddy Jon have come up with a plan:

We're going to go up to the local college in our town, which is mostly Asian exchange students, and yell "I'M YNGWIE!" before punching them in the face.

Interestingly, in the Kerrang interview, they mention Kelly being on Sanctuary Records, the label owned by Maiden's management, with Dickinson as a shareholder. Sharon Osbourne laughs at the idea of Kelly getting dropped saying "What, are they going to drop her because she threw a fucking egg" when they should probably drop her for a)being shit and b)having crap record sales