TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

JLU Season 3 starts September 17th

There's plenty of unnecessary bitching going around, but I wonder whose to actually blame here...did they not have enough eps ready yet maybe? And if not, why does CN refuse to show JL except at some God-forsaken hour like 2-3 AM on a weekend?

I'm sure that BOONDOCKS will get an uninterrupted run, though. There's a winner of a show for sure.

Anyone else finding that the schedule shows that they are rerunning the old episodes at 3am and they all of a sudden change the schedule? That has happened to me the last couple of weeks and I have not been able to record the Justice Guild episode or Knight of Shadows. Wish Cartoon Network would keep their frickin schedule correct for once in their damn life.

Anyone else finding that the schedule shows that they are rerunning the old episodes at 3am and they all of a sudden change the schedule?  That has happened to me the last couple of weeks and I have not been able to record the Justice Guild episode or Knight of Shadows.  Wish Cartoon Network would keep their frickin schedule correct for once in their damn life.

I pretty much missed the entire 2nd season of Justice League (including the Justice Lords episodes), so I'd be the first to applaud the showing of JL and JLU reruns (or fucking DVD season sets, for that matter).

Guest JMA
But of course we need shit like Bo-bo-bo-what-is-this-shit on all the time.

Hey, BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo is cool!

Agreed. I miss JLU as much as the next person, but insulting that show that replaced it isn't really fair.

That being said, these delays are quite annoying.

Sorry, I just have a hard time liking a show in which the hero uses his nose hair as a weapon. Granted I know that super powers are strange as it is, but nose hair?

Yeah, but the series clearly isn't meant to be taken seriously, so why should BoBoBo's powers be.

I'm not into it much, though. Some good stuff there, but I wouldn't be upset if I missed one episode or three. This type of insanity has been done before, and better.

And every other show isn't Naruto. It's a big success, hence the encore. It's a bit overkill, but I can understand why they did it, especially since it helps the other shows as well.

Guest JMA
Have any new episodes aired past the fourth one?

No

And since there are no new episodes scheduled through Dec 4th, it's a good bet we won't see any until next year

That's very depressing news. It's just teasing the fans to show only a few episodes and then take the show away for a few months. I'd be more upset if the episodes weren't worth the wait.

But of course we need shit like Bo-bo-bo-what-is-this-shit on all the time.

Hey, BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo is cool!

Agreed. I miss JLU as much as the next person, but insulting that show that replaced it isn't really fair.

That being said, these delays are quite annoying.

I like Bo x 7, although it's hit or miss at times. However, the complaints are somewhat misplaced when utter crap like Squidbillies and 12 oz mouse is on CN (12OM makes me almost miss Tom Goes To the Mayor).

Couldn't they cut down on the 500 showings of Teen Titans during the week to show some JL/JLU eps? Or to show MegasXLR at some point?

I had zero interest in the Boondocks show, but considering that the animation looks pretty darn good, I may need to check it out if the writing turns out half-decent.

AS needs a kick in the ass during the week. You got late night anime on Thursdays, sure, but during most of the week, give me Jetix on Toon Disney instead. You've got The Tick, Spider-Man, and X-Men, although Gargoyles isn't shown in that spot anymore. Of course, W.I.T.C.H. still has (uuuuggghh) Code Lyoko beat no sweat.

Seeing The Tick makes me wonder when those new Venture Bros. episodes are coming...

Guest JMA

I still miss Megas XLR. Why did they have to cancel it? Was it the ratings or something else?

Have any new episodes aired past the fourth one?

No

And since there are no new episodes scheduled through Dec 4th, it's a good bet we won't see any until next year

That's very depressing news. It's just teasing the fans to show only a few episodes and then take the show away for a few months. I'd be more upset if the episodes weren't worth the wait.

Right. I would have rather they waited till next year to get the new eps instead of showing four and then going months on end with no new eps. And I hope they also show the past four eps before showing the new ones.

Finally JLU returns to the Cartoon Network on Feb 11th at 8:30 pm ET/PT

Plus Here is the info on the last 5 episodes of season 3

Episode #35 - Grudge Match

Original Airdate -

Roulette starts Metabrawl (“Cat and Canary”) again, this time with an all-female fight card made up of Justice Leaguers.

Episode #36 - Far From Home

Original Airdate -

Supergirl, Green Lantern and Green Arrow travel into the future where they meet the Legion of Super Heroes and their enemies The Fatal Five.

Episode #37 - Ancient History

Original Airdate -

The Shadow Thief returns and so does Hawkman as more mysteries from “Shadow of the Hawk” are explored.

Episode #38 - Alive (Part 1)

Original Airdate -

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

Episode #39 - Destroyer (Part 2)

Original Airdate - - Series Finale

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

I DL'ed "Flash and Substance" , so I guess it was released somewhere. Features Flash's Rogue's Gallery, as you might suspect, and has a nice touch casting Mark Hamill as the Trickster...

Guest Prodigy

I'm pretty sure this is will end up being the last season. They just ended Teen Titans, which did better ratings than JLU, so I don't really see a reason why they would keep this around.

The rumors going around is that the JLU team are moving onto a Supergirl and Legion of Super-Heores series (hence the JLU episode where she meets them) and for a Doom Patrol series.

They're missing some eps in there- Flash and Substance, Dead Reckoning, Patriot Act, and The Great Brain Robbery. Is this really the last season?

Yeah they are showing the ones you mention first, it's that the info on the last 5 hadn't been available until yesterday.

The rumors going around is that the JLU team are moving onto a Supergirl and Legion of Super-Heores series (hence the JLU episode where she meets them) and for a Doom Patrol series.

I've been hearing this a lot, but no one has yet to post a link to an even remotely credible source.

A Doom Patrol series would only work if they made it self-contained, and ignored how John Byrne fucked it up in the comics.

On DVDVR, I read that Bruce Timm wrote on some blog that there would be no more JLU. If so, let me insert a Vaderesque NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! here.

Seems everything I like are the things that end up not lasting. I know it's not someone out to get me and make me suffer, but still, I take it to heart...like it's being said that "the things that you like/liked would never get over now! Hahaha!" And the people who worked on JLU seemed to care about its fanbase and what they wanted. I'd say 99.9% of mainstream entertainment is the complete opposite. Look at all the other comic movies/TV that "were not done right" that we had/will have to put up with!

Let's pull a Family Guy and send a message by buying, buying, buying the DVD of JL Season 1! Actually, this IS FG all over again, seeing as CN has buried the show with its erratic scheduling like Fox did. On the other hand, if this is the end, at least they went out on top and the show will never suck.

And one more word on CN: this isn't a new thing, them mucking around with schedules. Any Transfan who had to get a scorecard for the airtimes of Armada through Cybertron can tell you that! It's this recent trend of showing live action stuff that gets me. Even more alarming, in recent times the channel has changed its logo to its initials, which reminds me of the way the likes of AMC went. Hopefully the same sacrifice of its niche isn't on the way too. I mean, I am not a LooneyTunes/Flintstones/etc. smark who wished they went back to all shows '80s and back, so long as it's still a CARTOON NETWORK.