TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Spike to replay Impact on Monday Nights

PWInsider posted this today:

In other Spike TV news, according to October listings, TNA's Impact will have a replay on Monday evenings at midnight, giving fans who miss it over the weekend a second chance to catch the show on the strongest evening for wrestling viewership.

This is great for TNA. The only way it could have been better would have been if it was at 11, but I think they might still get some channel surfers at midnight. I was never a WCW fan, but I used to watch some of the Nitro replay if I flipped by it and nothing else was on. In a semi-related note, Spike is also supposed to be opposing the first USA Raw with a live UFC show, according to the same report. Thoughts?

Opposing Raw with UFC as soon as the network jump occurs might be a bad idea...but then again, everybody thought airing Nitro head-to-head with Raw was a bad idea, and look how that turned out...for the first 3 and a half years...

Might be a better idea to move The Ultimate Fighter back an hour to 10, and have the Impact replay air at 11 Monday nights. That way, they can advertise on Raw RIGHT NOW that when they're done watching The Ultimate Fighter and Raw (channel-surfing, bitches), they can watch Impact. Might be the best way to get the current "mark" audience in, and then eventually (keyword: EVENTUALLY, as in when TNA starts making profits and touring) go head-to-head with the last hour of Raw.

This will certainly make things interesting for TSN, who I believe will be showing Monday Night Football at 9, and following that with the midnite Raw replay, as they've been doing since what, 98?

Edit: 1000th post :D

Meh. I'm actually pretty indifferent.

This will certainly make things interesting for TSN, who I believe will be showing Monday Night Football at 9, and following that with the midnite Raw replay, as they've been doing since what, 98?

Edit: 1000th post  :D

Meh. I'm actually pretty indifferent.

CITYTV or other CHUM affiliate channels will be airing Monday Night Football, so Raw will still be shown Live, unlike pre-98 where they aired it a replay at 9/Midnight EST and then another replay Tuesday.

Nothing but good news that they are getting a chance on some level right away on Mondays. If the rating is respectable (not to mention the regular Sat night one), I could see them making some waves and Spike could most certainly grant TNA 2 hours on Monday against WWE in due time. Even if they never get to that point, given a replay of the show on the "wrestling night" is very cool.

Excellent news considering I'll never catch the show on Saturday nights since I'm always out. I'll definatley catch the replays after Raw.

I'm well aware of the fact that WCW went out of business....I was just making the point that the late replay on Monday would help them get more eyeballs on the product. Like someone else said, people already thinking wrestling can watch Raw and then they can come across Impact and stick with it for awhile, like I used to do when Nitro had the late nite replay. WCW going out of business does not change the fact the replay will be good for TNA, just like it was for them.