Appalachian State at Kansas

Florida International at #21 Texas Tech

Western Michigan at Toledo

Utah at Utah State

Bowling Green at Ball State

Northern Arizona at Arizona

Rice at UCLA

Idaho at UNLV

Texas, but Vince Young has to keep from throwing picks and the recievers have to run their routes well. That's really the only way to beat THE Ohio State University.

Holy shit, I say this as a Michigan student and lifelong fan, those boys are not a top 3 team right now. They should be behind Ohio State, Iowa and LSU right now at least. You could argue that Tennessee and Va.Tech are also better right now than Michigan. All the talking heads have been saying they looked impressive against Northern Illinois. Are the Huskies expected to contend for a MAC title because I thought "we" should have blown their doors off and won by at least 28 points

It's a tough call, but I went for Texas. For some reason, no matter how much hype they get, I'm still not sold on Ohio State. The program was declining before the Clarett scandal, and I don't really see how they'd reload hard enough to become a Top 5 kind of team.

The only thing that bothers me is that the Big XII has been consistently overrated, and I have a hard time trusting any team from that conference to win a marquee matchup on the road. Still though, the heart of the Texas team last year was the defense, and the O-line, and they're only missing about two or three guys from that group, so I think they'll do just enough to beat Ohio State.

Final score:

Texas 18

Ohio State 13

I'm going with Texas but I had to think long and hard about it...

Frankly, I don't think much of EITHER team when it comes to big games, but Texas is more likely to put points on the board than Ohio State.

Man complete role reversal. I seem to remember everyone I talked to before this thought Texas was going to get rolled much like how everyone thought they would get rolled by Michigan.

I'm picking Texas but honestly I hate saying it b/c they're my biggest rival but I think Texas is the only team worth a damn in the Big XII this year.

We'll see how OU rebounds but I don't see how the offense can rebound when the O-Line won't protect anybody. It's not like they're going to turn into a solid O-Line out of nowhere.

Guest *KNK*
Man complete role reversal. I seem to remember everyone I talked to before this thought Texas was going to get rolled much like how everyone thought they would get rolled by Michigan.

I'm picking Texas but honestly I hate saying it b/c they're my biggest rival but I think Texas is the only team worth a damn in the Big XII this year.

We'll see how OU rebounds but I don't see how the offense can rebound when the O-Line won't protect anybody. It's not like they're going to turn into a solid O-Line out of nowhere.

I never got this mentality and I'm not directing it to you specificially

Why do people feel like it's more important to "support" a team that's your rival simply because they are in the same division/conference

It applies in all sports.

OU fans should never in any condition cheer or support Texas in any form. Just like I will never see a OSU fan support Michigan and vice versa.

I hate the idea that cheering a rival is okay if it's to "support" the conference.

You can support Texas because you honestly feel they are the better team or you like their chances more but I can't understand why you or any one in regards to their team's rivals, would support the rival to win?

I can understand if you wanted Texas to win because it wouldn't make OU look as bad when they lose to Texas this year...

Maybe i'm just one of those crazy fans that believe supporting your *ACTUAL* team includes going against your rivals at all costs.

#1 my fandom is slowly dieing since I started writing sports. Now I care about what makes the best story. Weird though b/c my Eagles fandom is going nowhere.

#2 it does make OU look better if they beat Texas and Texas is awesome. Or not as bad if they lose.

It actually does make sense in this case, if only because the Big XII is an overrated conference that could easily lose national prominence and stature if they don't have a big team on top to make people believe they're for real.

Texas beating Ohio State could go a long way toward helping OU get a BCS berth down the line if they end up something like 8-3 or 9-2 at the end of the season.

Agree with Dama on both points.

Where is the love for 1-AA? Delaware kicks off their season Saturday, as does most of the A10, which is absolutely loaded this year. It is probably the 7th best conference in all of college football, leaping past several 1A conferences.

And also I'm pretty sure the Big XII won't lose any national prominence just because of the teams involved in the conference. They have Texas and OU and even though OU is down this year they're still a huge name.

Oh and something else to think about the OU loss that I think the Gameday crew should've mentioned when they were trying to console OU fans. It's better that this happens now than later. It's better we see what the glaring problems are in the first game rather than the National Title game like in the past.

Bah @ you wanting to just forget about OU this year, Dama. They might not be the best this year but I think by seasons end there will be a huge differance in OU from what you saw last Saturday. The new guys just need some time to hit their stride and it just hasn't happened yet...yet. but they will develope more over the season. I'm predicting an OU routing of Tulsa this Saturday to make a point as well.

Bah @ you wanting to just forget about OU this year, Dama. They might not be the best this year but I think by seasons end there will be a huge differance in OU from what you saw last Saturday. The new guys just need some time to hit their stride and it just hasn't happened yet...yet. but they will develope more over the season. I'm predicting an OU routing of Tulsa this Saturday to make a point as well.

Where did I say I was forgetting this year? I'm saying it's better that it happens now instead of at the end of the season. Never did I say I was forgetting this year.

He's right about the Big XII being overrated this year. But he acts like they've never been a good conference. And he's pretty wrong on that one.

Not at all. They were a very good conference when they still had balance and teams like Nebraska and K-State made the north half competitive. However, last year OU and Texas were the only legitimate teams and teams like Texas A&M and Oklahoma State just got pumped up by their weak schedules.

This year with Texas A&M and Oklahoma both looking bad in non-conference, Texas really needs to look good if the Big XII's going to get any respect. Oh, and for the record, Oklahoma was my preseason pick to win the national title last year, so it's not like I've been dogging on them for years.

Doesn't Texas have like the best road winning percentage in the country in the past 5 years or something?

If it was a neutral site then I'd pick tOSU just b/c of how Texas plays on neutral fields! ;) You know the Cotton Bowl and various bowl games....

He's right about the Big XII being overrated this year. But he acts like they've never been a good conference. And he's pretty wrong on that one.

Not at all. They were a very good conference when they still had balance and teams like Nebraska and K-State made the north half competitive. However, last year OU and Texas were the only legitimate teams and teams like Texas A&M and Oklahoma State just got pumped up by their weak schedules.

This year with Texas A&M and Oklahoma both looking bad in non-conference, Texas really needs to look good if the Big XII's going to get any respect. Oh, and for the record, Oklahoma was my preseason pick to win the national title last year, so it's not like I've been dogging on them for years.

Ok fair enough. I'll agree with you on that.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I picked Ohio State because they've got home field, and because the Big Ten is going to be fucking vicious this year. Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa are all rough. I haven't seen Purdue yet. Are they really #13 in the nation material? If so, this will be the toughest this conference has been in years. The only outright terrible teams will be IU and Northwestern. Penn State won't be worth a whole lot, but they're better than most mid-major conference fodder.

Texas has just never really proven to me that they're a brutal powerhouse that can be anybody anytime anywhere. I look at them like a much more talented K-State (or how they used to be)

I assume he just means Kansas St. over the past decade or so when they've actually been ranked but never quite do anything notable (like beat Nebraska when it mattered). Before Snyder of course they sucked.

Guest MikeSC

Man, I see Georgia laying a righteous ass-tanning on my Gamecocks as payback for Spurrier owning them in FL for all of those years.