TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

It's the 10th anniversary of PSX

"Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi"

It didn't hold up well when it was released, IMO. :P

The game falls under my "haven't played in a long time but remember liking" category. I don't remember how good the gameplay was, but I liked the premise. A 3D fighting game with Star Wars characters. How badly could they have screwed it up?

WCW vs. The World wasn't too bad. It holds up a lot better than most of the other PSX wrestling games I used to own. I actually bought WWF In Your House and WCW Nitro when they were released. They're much more painful to play.

I remember playing the demo back before MoTK came out...and I couldn't help but think how bad it looked and how uninteresting it played. Reviews for the final game indicated not much had changed.

After VPW2 or even Revenge, WCW vs. the World doesn't hold much appeal. The roster may be the best next to VPW64, but there are far too few moves, most of the finishers are wrong, and the spirit system is better tuned in the later games. A few exclusive wrestlers and Create a Belt isn't enough.

It's just about the only old PS1 3D wrestling game that's still playable these days.

I still play the heck out Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, though. It was one the first PS1 games I ever had. IYH was quite the disappointment, though.

Oh, and IIRC, the Playstation was the name of the original Sony/Nintendo platform that was to be created, but when it fell through the new Sony stand-alone project was to be the Playstation X, and later it just became Playstation, since the X wouldn't make much sense externally.

Heh I rented MoTK once out of curiousity, and it was pretty bad. Even at the time I remember thinking it was shallow and boring, and that's back when games like Star Gladiators impressed me. I can't even imagine how bad it would seem today.

Kind of on a random note, has anyone played Tobal 2? I've been thinking about trying to get a copy, but I'm curious if it's actually as good as it's hyped up to be.

Not sure. I loved the first Tobal, myself, but I think I was one of the few that did. I think the graphic style was amazingly well done and holds up ok, it had gameplay that dared to be different, and was a pretty cool VF clone for the time.

Is there a relatively painless way to play PS1 imports on a US PS2?

Ergheiz (sic) sucked though.

I remember playing Jumping Flash back when I was little. I had so much fun just jumping around the stages before getting serious and beating the game. I haven't played it for a long while.

When I first played Ehrgeiz, I had no idea who any of the characters were. But I still kicked ass with Tifa.

There's a wrestling game I remember playing back near the earlier days of the PSX. Power Move Wrestling (or something like that). It's been so long the only thing I remember from it doing moonsaults off the top rope over and over again..

And why no Crash Bandicoot love?

Power Move is basically a stripped-down Touken Retsuden, which was originally develoepd by Yukes. Pretty decent game you can find for about 99 cents today.

Crash's rep kind of has been shot by the mediocre sequels Vivendi Universal has been putting out--ditto for Spyro. Still, back in the day I couldn't help but think "this is fun and all...but it isn't Mario 64."

I only played PSX RPGs when I first bought my PS2. My parents got me a N64 in 1997, so I missed all the awesome RPGs on that console. The only PS2 game that I played was GTA III, other than that it was all four Final Fantasy games, the Suikodens, the two Lunars and Xenogears. Those were awesome games.

There are also some RPGs left, like Grandia, Persona 2 and Dragon Warrior VII, but, sadly, I don't have as much time that I had in the past to play them.

I can still see myself playing alot of my dreamcast games 4 years from now.

That machine was absolutlely one of the greatest things ever created. I never got into the PSX/PS2 hype. I was a N64 man. But dreamcast...HMMM...that will go down as the greatest console I have ever owned.

I enjoyed playing Crash 2 and Crash 3 more than Mario 64. They were less ambitious but more fun, imo. I really liked both of them, and I'm very disappointed that there was never a decent PS2 sequel.

I never really got Dreamcast's appeal, shrug.

I liked the old Crashes more than Mario. More action and linear. Mario 64 was too much running around.