TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Metal Gear Solid 4 to feature much older Snake...

Check out the latest pics that have surfaced in regards to the upcoming next-gen Metal Gear Solid title:

mgs4snake4jc.jpg

Apparently, Kojima is, again, trying to make life difficult on himself by throwing the mother of all hard-balls and making Snake a Grandpa. It will be *very* interesting to see how this pans out, as it may be the big finale for the Solid Snake we have grown to know and love over the years. Will another Snake replace him? Will Raiden return and take his place?

I also stumbled upon this shot of, what seems to be (I mean, who else could this be), Solidus Snake, only much older than what he was in Metal Gear Solid 2...

mgs2_solidus_photo_04_dp.jpg

So, what do you think?

I want the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2 to be resolved! That's all I ask!(Unless somehow 3 makes sense of things even though it's 30 or 40 years in the past(can't remember if it's supposed to be the 60s or the 70s, only demoed it so far))

Wow...if that's Snake, he's really aged a lot....and lost an eye it looks like

I love that picture of him grinning, aiming his guns and smoking. I don't like the moustache. Hopefully there's unlockable costumes of "world's best grandpa" and "free moustache rides"

I hear there's a mini-game where you have to sit on a rocking chair on your porch and stare out into the distance while a basset hound snoozes by your side.

That second pic...the little robot Snake's kneeling in front of - isn't that Metal Gear from Snatcher?

Edit: The third pic has a big pic of the 'Snatcher Metal Gear' lookalike. Needless to say, as a Snatcher fanboy, if Gillian Seed shows up in MGS4, I will mark the fuck out.

I love that picture of him grinning, aiming his guns and smoking. I don't like the moustache. Hopefully there's unlockable costumes of "world's best grandpa" and "free moustache rides"

I hear there's a mini-game where you have to sit on a rocking chair on your porch and stare out into the distance while a basset hound snoozes by your side.

Don't forgot about the shuffleboard mini-game in there. I heard that was gonna ROCK!

Well, if that is Snake, I'm not suprised. Kojima always tries many different things, some hit and some miss. I'll just wait and see on this.

That second pic...the little robot Snake's kneeling in front of - isn't that Metal Gear from Snatcher?

Edit: The third pic has a big pic of the 'Snatcher Metal Gear' lookalike.  Needless to say, as a Snatcher fanboy, if Gillian Seed shows up in MGS4, I will mark the fuck out.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

hey, if Spider-Man can show up in a Shinobi game, why not a MGS game?

I'll buy it as long as I can actually skip the story parts if I don't feel like listening to someone drone on and on and on about something that'll make little to no sense by the end of the game.

I'll buy it as long as I can actually skip the story parts if I don't feel like listening to someone drone on and on and on about something that'll make little to no sense by the end of the game.

ah oh well by god it just wouldn't be a MGS game now would it? :P

ah oh well by god it just wouldn't be a MGS game now would it? :P

Fuck, you're right.

15 hours of pointless unskippable cut scenes, here I come!

Based on UYI's third link, I'd say that Otacon did NOT age well.

And apparently that patch Snake is wearing is functional, as it apparently shows Snake an overhead map of the area (at last we have a reason behind us having a radar) among other things. For right now, it's being called the "Solid Eye System". There's a pretty good article about the trailer here. Apparently Kojima even breaks the 4th wall in the trailer near the end. Don't forget to check the comments, there's a link to the trailer itself. Quality's OK.

I still haven't beaten 3, but I may have to play it through just to keep the timeline at least somewhat complete in my head for 4.

Close...

Snake's health even seems to be in danger: While hiding out in this building, he's gripped by a nasty coughing fit that he quiets with a sudden ampoule to the neck. After having to hunt wildlife and mend wounds in MGS3, having to constantly give Snake his meds in MGS4 could easily win the "most depressingly realistic minigame yet" prize.

I'm spent with the whole stealth genre. I just am. From somone Who loved MSG. And Snatcher.

I just, at this point want to blow shit up. Hence I've been playing Bangai-O.

I'ma go play Chrono Trigger and Bangai-O. Yeah/