TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Giambi needs to sit on the bench and rest.

Fouled two fastballs in his wheelhouse, and grounded foul a hanging splitter.

Yankees leave 11 men left on, and have 8 hits.

I was hoping that ball would hit him (2nd pitch). Sheffield bats like .400 with runners in scoring position, and has hit a home run off Batista.

Don't think anybody was going to hit Batista today. Although, the shade probably had something to do with it with the numbers Sheff, Matsui and Posada had against him.

Guest TheDon

I dont want to hear anything about shade. Yankees lost because Jaret Wright sucks and should be dfa and the two big errors. If the Yankees hit in the clutch the game would have been a laugher. Woulda Shoulda Coulda definately. What a bad loss.

I'll just take this opportunity to say I TOLD YOU SO, GLASS TOWER YANKEE BRASS! Pavano AND Wright, two horrible signings biting us in the ass, what a surprise....WE COULD HAVE HAD FUCKING PEDRO MARTINEZ

Oh, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Torre has/had his hands tied on Wright. The Boss is probably trying to save face and justify that boneheaded move.

One positive for the Yankees, their attendance officially surpassed four million today.

Fourth time in history, and first time in 12 years (Toronto, 1991-92; Colorado, 1993)

That was a surprising stat to me. Did they add seats to Yankee Stadium this season? How have the Yankees never passed 4 million in attendance before?

One positive for the Yankees, their attendance officially surpassed four million today.

Fourth time in history, and first time in 12 years (Toronto, 1991-92; Colorado, 1993)

That was a surprising stat to me. Did they add seats to Yankee Stadium this season? How have the Yankees never passed 4 million in attendance before?

Mostly it is the uncertaincy of the season creating exciting drama, as well as the threat of Yankee Stadium closing shop that encourages fans to attend while they can.

WE COULD HAVE HAD FUCKING PEDRO MARTINEZ

I highly doubt Pedro was going straight to the Yankees from Boston.

The Yankees were clearly his first choice, George decided it was "too risky" which makes the signings they DID make all the more baffling. Why do you highly doubt that he would have gone to the Yankees?

Question for the Mets fans: How do you feel about Beltran's production this year? Bust, or wise long-term investment adjusting to the city? For the nay sayers, f he pulls together a big final week and gets to 20/20 would it change your opinion at all?

yankee fans on this message board are fucking whiners.

so are communists

Guest Fishyswa

I would rather have Pavano and Wright, even with how both of them have pitched.

Even with free agency and trades and how the game is, Pedro in pinstripes would of NEVER sat right with me. He could of gone 30-0 and I'd still feel dirty.

Giambi needs to rest or something, Tino's got better D and right now they're hitting about the same. If it's an injury that's the problem, rest it up as best you can and come back when you can do something.

Guest TheDon

Mostly it is the uncertaincy of the season creating exciting drama, as well as the threat of Yankee Stadium closing shop that encourages fans to attend while they can.

No it's not. It's the fact that the Yankees have built up their fan base the past 10 years and have had a growing attendance every year since 1996. Dont quote me on figures but every eyar their home attendance goes up.

Guest TheDon

The Yankee announcers the other day were talking about how Colorado drew 4 million fans in 1993 at Mile High Stadium. They said it had to do alot with the fact that some tickets were only $1 plus the team was an expansion team so the product was new to the area.

No it's not. It's the fact that the Yankees have built up their fan base the past 10 years and have had a growing attendance every year since 1996. Dont quote me on figures but every eyar their home attendance goes up.

No, Al is defintley right. There are only 3 more years to see a game in Yankee Stadium. THAT defintley has something to do with it. Plus, as Al said, the fact that EVERY single game is important.

Guest Wart
He went from the Mets to the Astros to the Rockies to the Marlins THEN to the Braves.

Actually, Hampton was traded from Houston to New York and then left New York in free agency, not the other way around.

The Yankee announcers the other day were talking about how Colorado drew 4 million fans in 1993 at Mile High Stadium.  They said it had to do alot with the fact that some tickets were only $1 plus the team was an expansion team so the product was new to the area.

It's mostly to do with the fact they were playing in a football stadium.

The Yankee announcers the other day were talking about how Colorado drew 4 million fans in 1993 at Mile High Stadium.  They said it had to do alot with the fact that some tickets were only $1 plus the team was an expansion team so the product was new to the area.

It's mostly to do with the fact they were playing in a football stadium.

Many teams played in large capacity stadiums and didn't draw 4 million, particularly Cleveland. The Rockies drew 4 million thanks largely to the novelty of Major League Baseball. The Rockies still led the league in attendance for five consecutive years after they moved to Coors Field.

Speaking of the Rockies, I find it interesting that they have actually enjoyed one of their best pitching years in franchise history. Only in 1998 did they allow less runs per game. The problem is that their offense is the worst in franchise history.

I'm just happy the Brewers beat the Cards again last night, although they did their best to try and lose in the ninth inning. Any time you can take a pitcher like Mulder out of the game in the second inning, that's a positive. Now, the Brewers are back at .500 once again, and go for the sweep against the Cards today.

They're going to be a legit playoff threat next year. Believe it.

I'm just happy the Brewers beat the Cards again last night, although they did their best to try and lose in the ninth inning. Any time you can take a pitcher like Mulder out of the game in the second inning, that's a positive. Now, the Brewers are back at .500 once again, and go for the sweep against the Cards today.

They're going to be a legit playoff threat next year. Believe it.

I think the Brewers have some good young talent, but I definitely wouldn't take some games at the end of the season against a team the clinched in July as an indication of how good they will be. Not saying you are, that's just in general.