TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The OaO Arrested Development Season 3 thread

:(

"Wife Swap" (and football for West Coast viewers) posted a 9.0/14 at 8 p.m. to put ABC in the lead. "The King of Queens," 7.2/11, and "How I Met Your Mother," 6.9/10, finished second for CBS. "Surface" was third for NBC. The WB took fourth for the hour with "7th Heaven," 3.5/5, topped an hour of "Arrested Development," 2.7/4, on FOX. UPN trailed with "One on One" and "All of Us."

And someone posted this at DVDTalk:

What's really bad about that news is that last week a Prison Break rerun in that spot pulled in a full rating point higher, AND this week's new episode of Prison Break was almost a full ating point lower than it was last week. Which means that AD is not only pulling in worse ratings than Prison Break repeats, it's actually hurting Prison Break's ratings as a lead-in. Which doesn't surprise me. I really enjoy both shows, but they're not very similar and thus are a strange pairing.

The wrong people have Neilsen boxes

The Steve Holt training montage was awesome.

"Don't ask 'Can I?', ask 'I can'!"

"You can control you bladder when you're dead!"

"No blood, no oil!"

"There is no 'I' in 'win'!"

Was that Buster in "a thoroughly polite dustup?"

"When I miss your lips, I'll put a fag in my mouth, and think of you."

That also had a different meaning.

I love this show.

I thought the best parts of the first episode were Steve Holt's "Oxy-Incontinent" and Tobias' "Okay, have sex with this girl right now, get in there." That was legit spittake-inducing. Especially the end. "Ann, you need to decide whether you want a man or a boy. I know what I'd choose."

GOB's "as a.... PLACEHOLDER" line was so corny and awesome. I love that GOB's being a magician lends itself to him acting like such a theatrical drama queen.

Guest Fishyswa

The oxy-incontinent joke killed me. I literally laughed until it hurt.

I just don't understand how this show doesn't have not only ok ratings, but great ratings. People joke about laugh tracks and how unneccesary they are, but I really don't think american audiences are gonna fully accept a sit com with out it.

Guest Fishyswa

I mean comedy's though, complete comedy's.

And what didn't you get about that joke?

Guest Fishyswa

Oh, Oxycontin, it's a popular prescription drug that's become somewhat of a party favor recently and it's really addictive. It has nothing to do with muscles retaining oxygen or helping with incontinence.

Oh man. Brilliant episodes. Downhome, GIF of the Mole Fight, immediately!

Since it was a long scene, I couldn't make a .GIF of the entire thing (well I could, but the file would pretty big). So here is one of a short clip of it:

molefly3pn.gif

TV Week reports that "Arrested Development" (and "Kitchen Confidential") have been pulled for the remainder of November sweeps. "Prison Break" reruns will air instead.

EDIT: And it gets worse, Variety (no good link, it's a subscription site) reports that the AD season has been cut from 22 to 13 episodes.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

Would there be a chance for AD to become a DVD only show? Although it doesn't have a ton of viewers, I bet the majority would buy new seasons on DVD. Could it be cost feasible to produce?

LOS ANGELES Nov 1, 2005 — Jason Bateman of Fox's "Arrested Development" underwent surgery Tuesday to remove a benign polyp in his throat, his publicist said.

Cara Tripicchio, a spokesman for Bateman, said the operation went smoothly and the 36-year-old actor was doing well.

Production on "Arrested Development" will be on hiatus for a few weeks while Bateman recovers, executive producer Mitch Hurwitz told TVGuide.com.

Guest El Satanico

The C word isn't used, but it is a bad sign. If Fox intends to cancel it, you'd think they would say that. Hopefully, it's just on "replacement show" status like Scrubs

From the AP:

"The Bluth clan of Fox's ratings-challenged "Arrested Development" is also headed for the exit after Fox cut the third-season order on the Emmy-winning comedy to 13 episodes. ...

As for the demise of "Arrested," it comes just as the acclaimed comedy came back this week after a hiatus to make room for Fox's baseball coverage. The two back-to-back episodes averaged a paltry 4 million viewers Monday, sending Fox to fifth place in the 8 p.m. hour and putting a dent on the ratings of its lead-out, the rookie drama "Prison Break."

There is a possibility that the show will be shopped around, but its high cost is expected to be prohibitive for a cable network.

Fox said Thursday that it will pull "Arrested Development" and "Kitchen Confidential" off the schedule for the remaining three Mondays of the November sweep, replacing them with a rerun of the previous episode of "Prison Break" leading into an original episode of the serialized drama.

"Arrested" and "Kitchen" are set to return to their time slots with original episodes December 5, following the fall finale of "Prison Break" on November 28."

So, for you AD fans, safe to say the show is pretty much toast, but they'll start playing out the string of remaining new episodes starting in a month.