TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Thread for 09.19.05

What a way to put over the next generation.

You spent 3 years mocking WCW for the same thing you are doing right now...

The difference is that Flair is still over and hasn't been near a title belt in 18 months.

KNK, don't be such a friggin' wannabe smart mark.

Flair's program with Carlito has moved Carlito from

"WOW, this guy BLOWS. No finisher. Horrible matches with Shelton of all people, get the belt off him!"

to

"Ha! Fun match at Unforgiven! Oooh, good chops by Carlito. You know, I liked this match."

Babysteps. Don't bitch about Carlito being held down, b/c he shouldn't be in title programs to begin with. Flair is elevating him by associating.

Guest *KNK*
What a way to put over the next generation.

You spent 3 years mocking WCW for the same thing you are doing right now...

The difference is that Flair is still over and hasn't been near a title belt in 18 months.

There's no difference. None at all. Flair was still godly over in 2000 when they gave him that last reign for no reason.

There's no excuse, not even "overness" to justify putting the old generation over the young generation when the old generation is completely identified as OLD.

KNK, don't be such a friggin' wannabe smart mark.

Flair's program with Carlito has moved Carlito from

"WOW, this guy BLOWS.  No finisher.  Horrible matches with Shelton of all people, get the belt off him!"

to

"Ha!  Fun match at Unforgiven!  Oooh, good chops by Carlito.  You know, I liked this match."

Babysteps.  Don't bitch about Carlito being held down, b/c he shouldn't be in title programs to begin with.  Flair is elevating him by associating.

Hell, I never cared about Carlito untill his program with Flair started. Now, I'm starting to like the guy.

Dude, the rumored Flair/HHH program will be GOLD. Trips could challenge Flair for a title just because "he wants a little title belt", pissing Flair off, pissing the smarks off, pissing everyone off, including Flair. Trips assumes Flair will "just give him the title". THAT WILL DRAW. The other people will not.

Couple random comments from a first-time poster. One, I also don't understand the "Torrieberg" comments, as she has done nothing but lose recently.

Second, Masters actually busted out some real wrestling moves in his Raw match against Flair. Say what you will about him, but he has certainly improved. He did a brain-buster, a couple gorilla presses, etc. As opposed to say, the Big Show vs. Snitsky match from that same night, which was just boots, slaps and chops the whole time.

Is it just me or did Flair just basically fall off the top rope? That was ugly.

Couple random comments from a first-time poster. One, I also don't understand the "Torrieberg" comments, as she has done nothing but lose recently.

Second, Masters actually busted out some real wrestling moves in his Raw match against Flair. Say what you will about him, but he has certainly improved. He did a brain-buster, a couple gorilla presses, etc. As opposed to say, the Big Show vs. Snitsky match from that same night, which was just boots, slaps and chops the whole time.

Is it just me or did Flair just basically fall off the top rope? That was ugly.

Hi Jonathan Coachman

Guest *KNK*

If you asked anyone in 1989 "Will Ric Flair be working 20 minute matches at age 56 holding the title that Ultimate Warrior has right now?"... Im fairly sure no one would expect that.

Flair, even at his old age can still carry a match by sheer charisma and crowd control. His work-rate is severely reduced to a very small sample of stuff but he still utilizes it as if he was still 40 years old in his prime.

Torrie used to always win until just recently when they fired Kidman..and possibly her..

OK, but I don't understand why people are saying her streak is over. It was over at GAB and the next night. I guess people don't watch or count Smackdown stuff or something.