TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

THe OAO Last Raw on Spike TV Thread (09.26.05)

Quick question about the woman's title match ... what do you guys think was originally planned for the bump that became "Trish falls from Victoria's lap and Victoria nearly kills herself trying to make a 'oh-shit' save"? 

It looked like they were building to something, but Trish lost her balance and Victoria tied her up enough to lessen the fall.

I'm sure that botch would have been better than what they planned...HOWEVAH, I will say the match was going rather well (except for that lame Matrix spot) until the tit squad came in and wrecked it...

if they're just standing around looking pretty, I have no problems with the tit squad...when they're ruining a perfectly acceptable women's match, yes I DO have a problem with them...

Guest *KNK*
You have something against the TIT squad?

They served their only purpose standing outside the ring not affecting the only two decent female workers in that company inside the ring.

We've seen Trish/Victoria over a million times but it's preferable over watching the "TIT squad" run in and weakly catfight.

Guest *KNK*
Whatever you want to call them, from what I saw, the TIT Squad botched everything from kicks to walking.

At least they don't botch interference like The Caddy did. I mean the caddy botched holding shelton's foot. That has to be high on the idiotic botches list.

I thought RAW was decent. Really bland but good hype for the move to USA.

I still think Carlito and Masters are going to be a part of the new Evolution. I can't see HHH coming back as a face.

I have to agree with JR as it could be one of the biggest nights next week

Candice Michelle should never be allowed near a mic ever again...period...Torrie, she should know SOMETHING by now but can't even make a beatdown look realistic..

Maybe the women are just acting like stereotypical idiot blonds.....maybe they are doing this on purpose. Why else would they be employed?

Guest *KNK*
Candice Michelle should never be allowed near a mic ever again...period...Torrie, she should know SOMETHING by now but can't even make a beatdown look realistic..

Maybe the women are just acting like stereotypical idiot blonds.....maybe they are doing this on purpose. Why else would they be employed?

Except that Candice Michelle isn't a blonde...

Guest Fishyswa

Um, neither spot were botches.

Trish threw herself off and Victoria followed, there was no slipping or anything. I could see how you can think Trish fell, but when you see Victoria follow it becomes clear that was the spot.

The Caddy interference simply never made it on camera. If anyone botched something it was the camera man. He walked over as Chavo floated over and he was right there for it, he just never made it to TV.

I thought Raw was alright, the matches were all pretty simplistic and fun, but a little too short. I'd rather see a filler show like that though than 20 different promo's and 1 ME.

Guest Biggles
I was completely expecting WWE to take the low road and just trash SPIKETV but amazingly they took the high road here until they realized how petty SPIKE was and just decided "fuck it...here we go".

I don't recall USA doing that to WWE when they were leaving.

The difference is that USA wasn't bringing in a competitor to their network after WWE left back then. Nor was USA trying to hype up another competitor's marathon for the following week.

This is from the Observer site in regards to last night....

The short version of what happened last night is that late in the show, WWE and Spike came to an agreement where WWE promised Spike they would not say anything negative about the network, and would praise them as their broadcast partner, and in return, Spike would not edit the rest of the show.

I don't know, KingPK's theory about Vince censoring mentions of USA himself to bury Spike makes a lot more sense to me. The sheer number of times that the announcers and Vince mentioned it on air makes me think that they knew it was going to happen. At the same time, I don't think Spike could have reacted quickly enough to censor everything on what was a live show (even on a 30-minute delay), but Vince could have easily done it because they would have had a script. Including a section in the script reminding fans to go to the website to see the "unedited" version of the opening. And I don't buy the last minute agreement happening right before the main event, where everyone goes to great lengths to oversell the big show anyway (as this is pretty much a PPV they are hyping). The aftermath of the beatdown after the main event was over four minutes (where it's usually only one or two), which is perfect if you have to drive it home to the fans that you are moving to another network. For lack of a better word, I view this a total work to hype next week's show.

Trish threw herself off and Victoria followed, there was no slipping or anything. I could see how you can think Trish fell, but when you see Victoria follow it becomes clear that was the spot.

Fish, are you sure the Trish spot wasn't a botch ... I admit that I wasn't paying full attention, and I was stoned, but I thought it looked like Victoria had a "oh shit" face right when Trish started to go crashing towards the floor, and the reason she followed was because she tried to catch Trish or at least help her direct her fall in a less paralyzing position.

/loves the divas and this entire angle

Guest Fishyswa

Nah what gave it away was Trish, she was throwing herself the same way when they were trading blows, but that time she let go of the ropes, and they definitely weren't about to go for something else.

I think the problem was it's just a lame spot.

This is from the Observer site in regards to last night....

The short version of what happened last night is that late in the show, WWE and Spike came to an agreement where WWE promised Spike they would not say anything negative about the network, and would praise them as their broadcast partner, and in return, Spike would not edit the rest of the show.

I figured that was what happened. If Spike wanted to edit them, cut them off, or whatever then I was sure they would have done so.

Guest deinly1
Um, neither spot were botches.

The Caddy interference simply never made it on camera. If anyone botched something it was the camera man. He walked over as Chavo floated over and he was right there for it, he just never made it to TV.

I thought Raw was alright, the matches were all pretty simplistic and fun, but a little too short. I'd rather see a filler show like that though than 20 different promo's and 1 ME.

Ok, I'll go along with Trish falling on purpose, but the Caddy DID botch his spot with the trip on Shelton, he was dicking around making faces at the crowd, and when Shelt had Kerwin up for the suplex his back was to them, NO fucking WAY he did it.

Guest Fishyswa

The last shot of him on camera was him walking over to where the spot happened. It's possible he didn't go ahead with it, highly unlikely, but still possible.

And really, if Shelton knew he wasn't holding him down, would he of still stayed down? He's young but I don't think he's stupid enough to let something kill his credibility like that. I hope not anyway.

Guest I miss Test.
Raw will not air September 4, 2006 due to the US Open; it will be shown Friday, September 8.

This isn't fullproof either... because 2 of the last 9 years, rain postponed play until Friday night with the US Open's ridiculous schedule... and USA will pick that up over WWE. And if it does, I will laugh at each and every one of you.

I especially liked RAW near the end when Spike seemed to just give up.

Coach: "Next week RAW will be on the USA network!"

King: "You mean after five years on Spike TV, we're going to be on the USA network?"

J.R. : "You're right King, next week it'll be RAW live on the USA network!"

Coach: "Here comes the Masterpiece Chris Masters. Next week he'll be on the USA Network!"

I especially liked RAW near the end when Spike seemed to just give up.

Coach: "Next week RAW will be on the USA network!"

King: "You mean after five years on Spike TV, we're going to be on the USA network?"

J.R. : "You're right King, next week it'll be RAW live on the USA network!"

Coach: "Here comes the Masterpiece Chris Masters. Next week he'll be on the USA Network!"

That came across as an incredibly pathetic cry for attention.

Guest deinly1

Anyone think Kennedy vs Benoit would be better than any damn 10 man SD tag match on the Raw Homecoming?

Guest *KNK*
Anyone think Kennedy vs Benoit would be better than any damn 10 man SD tag match on the Raw Homecoming?

Logically speaking, why would Teddy Long allow a virtual rookie to represent his brand in a very rare opportunity?

Kayfabe wise, wouldn't Teddy Long want alot of exposure for his workers?

or something more "big"...like Undertaker Vs Batista? Ken Kennedy is a rookie that hasn't exactly, kayfabe set the world on fire.

If its final World Wrestling Entertainment telecast is any indication, Spike TV may have gotten out of its partnership with the grappler group while the getting was good.

Spike’s last presentation of Monday Night RAW on September 26 was down 22 percent week-over-week in the male 18-49 demo and slipped 24 percent among males 18-34.

And while WWE’s defection to its former cable partner, USA Network, didn’t cause much of a stir among those core demos, the WWE didn’t exactly go gentle into that good night. USA caused a bit of tongue wagging Tuesday evening when it claimed that Spike had censored WWE chairman Vince McMahon when he tried to announce the move early in the telecast.

“Next week Monday Night RAW returns home,” McMahon said during the intro. “Next week, Monday Night RAW returns…” And then silence. The WWE said that Spike had cut McMahon’s mic before he could utter the words “USA Network,” although Spike said the audio glitch was circumstantial.

In a statement released this morning, Spike said, “We had a good five years with WWE and we wish them well.” But one MTV Networks executive was a bit more forthcoming about the incident, saying that it was “just a lame publicity stunt” conjured up by the WWE.

Spike TV had been the home network of Raw since 2000, back when the Viacom net was still known as known as TNN. USA had been a long-timer partner with WWE prior to that.

Flying scissor kicks to the First Amendment aside, it’s not all acrimony in Stamford, Conn., where WWE is based. During Monday’s telecast, McMahon was careful to give praise to Spike, which he called “a pretty good tag-team partner.”

While Spike's numbers were down from last week––and the network may have elected not to give a robust promotoinal push to the departing show––the 9 p.m. installment of Raw still did well enough to clinch the No. 11 spot on the week's (Sept. 19-25) top 20 cable programs, earning a 2.9 household share. The 10 p.m. segement fared even better, drawing a 3.0, good enough for tenth place on the list.

Makes sense it was a work to get more publicity this way as they got the USA Network mentions in anyway.

Sorry but this OJ/Booker/Christian feud is top level priority stuff here.

'Sides, once Benoit jobs the title he'll be free to become Kennedy's bitch.

Guest Fishyswa

How was it a publicity stunt? There's no way in hell it was an audio glitch, and I highly doubt McMahon would of made everyone keep harping on it constantly if they didn't censor him the first time.

I'm thinking there was a verbal agreement that he would give them a rimjob at the beginning, and they would let him say USA. If that was the case, it's all on Spike.