TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

Mysteries of Wrestling

I saw this at a bookstore and started skimming through it and it was a great read. It's two radio guys interviewing a bunch of people in the buisness on topics like the Klique, and why Austin refused to work with Jeff Jarret.

Some of the stories are stuff I've never heard before. Like 'Doink the clown telling the story about how he was riding with the Klique, and their car broke down in the hood and the Klique got out and started signing autographs for everybody. Also they had this great exchange between HHH and George Steel after the Curtain call incident.

HHH- Man everyone's really mad, am I in trouble

George- Well yeah dummy, you did it. Shawn is the champ and Hall and Nash are leaving, who do you think their going to take it out on?

HHH- Are they going to fire me?

George notes that HHH doesn't have to worry about job security now that he's bangin Steph.

Also, Austin refused to work with Jarret because he didn't like how Jarret hit the ropes? WTF?

Anyways, interesting book.

I always assumed Austin didn't work with Jarrett because Jarrett was about 16 miles below his level.

I actually think it would have been a nice little feud between Austin avd Jarrett. There was a built in storyline with Debra, and they could have had some good matches. I think it would have lifted Jarrett up a little at the time. And I am in NO WAY a fan of Jarrett.

Guest Sternchen

HHH couldn't be that dumb, could he?

He knew exactly what was going on and who was going to be punished for it.

I bought the book, biggest waste of money this Summer. The book is mostly just the two interviewers using inside jokes and assuming how things went along in the wrestling business. There are some good stories and comments from the wrestlers, but the rest is brutal.

Guest Amy Ace

I haven't even gotten around to reading Flairs book yet, so it'll probably be around 2010 before I even start thinking about getting to this one.

I haven't even gotten around to reading Flairs book yet, so it'll probably be around 2010 before I even start thinking about getting to this one.

you should get flairs book I enjoyed it and got it cheap in paperback form.

Guest Zarock

Flair's book was alright, although at times it felt like he was listening to McMahon on the phone while writing (i.e. putting over the WWE about the Montreal Screwjob, putting over HHH, etc.). I liked Foley's two books better.

Flair's book was alright, although at times it felt like he was listening to McMahon on the phone while writing (i.e. putting over the WWE about the Montreal Screwjob, putting over HHH, etc.).  I liked Foley's two books better.

Of the dozen or so I've read, Foley's are by far the best to read. An entertaining writing style, and not self serving either.

Flair's book was alright, although at times it felt like he was listening to McMahon on the phone while writing (i.e. putting over the WWE about the Montreal Screwjob, putting over HHH, etc.).  I liked Foley's two books better.

Of the dozen or so I've read, Foley's are by far the best to read. An entertaining writing style, and not self serving either.

Agreed.