TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I would watch G4 on a reglious basis again if G4 showed Hustle. So what was the deal with Spike showing Hustle and not TNA?

It's called a joke.

Tommy Dreamer was in the crowd at the TNA event tonight in NYC:

NYC TNA FANS (ALONG WITH TOMMY DREAMER) ENJOY TNA LIVE AT WEBSTER HALL ON THURSDAY NIGHT

TNA Wrestling would like to thank all of our fans in the New York area for packing Webster Hall on Thursday night to see TNA Live!

It was certainly a great night of action and excitement...and even included a surprise as Tommy Dreamer was in the crowd to enjoy the event!

TNA Wrestling certainly plans to return to New York City as soon as possible and we hope all of our rowdy fans in NYC went home happy.

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming days for footage from the Webster Hall event courtesy of JB and TNA Today!

TNA would like to remind fans that only a handful of tickets remain for Friday night's event in Westbury, New York. It was announced on iMPACT that the show is sold out, as the final dozen or so tickets that are left will likely be gone by Friday morning.

I would watch G4 on a reglious basis again if G4 showed Hustle. So what was the deal with Spike showing Hustle and not TNA?

It's called a joke.

Ah man...my hopes all went up and everything.

A couple of notes from the latest Observer:

In a cost-cutting deal, TNA have stopped the local promotion of on-sale dates for PPV's.

Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in the dog house for refusing to blade at Against All Odds. The idea was that since they were beating Team 3D in their own specialty match, the streetfight, the booking team wanted Sabin and Shelley to get color for them. Sabin refused, and Shelley went along with it, so the match was rebooked for MCMG to get laid out with the 3D and vanish, while Team 3D did that promo before the match burying them while putting over Lethal. Any thoughts of MCMG getting the tag titles were scrapped, and now the belief is they can't book them in any kind of major grudge feuds.

Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in the dog house for refusing to blade at Against All Odds. The idea was that since they were beating Team 3D in their own specialty match, the streetfight, the booking team wanted Sabin and Shelley to get color for them. Sabin refused, and Shelley went along with it, so the match was rebooked for MCMG to get laid out with the 3D and vanish, while Team 3D did that promo before the match burying them while putting over Lethal. Any thoughts of MCMG getting the tag titles were scrapped, and now the belief is they can't book them in any kind of major grudge feuds.

Granted, there may be much more to the story but based on this, I gotta side w/ TNA on this one. I'm not blood-thristy but it seemed like a very reasonable request. I know Meltzer/Storm took the Guns' side on WOL but blading on a ppv doesn't sound like something that should be refused . . . especially in a streetfight.

Granted, there may be much more to the story but based on this, I gotta side w/ TNA on this one. I'm not blood-thristy but it seemed like a very reasonable request. I know Meltzer/Storm took the Guns' side on WOL but blading on a ppv doesn't sound like something that should be refused . . . especially in a streetfight.

I don't think anyone should be forced to slice their forehead with a razor blade. The blading itself sounds like something that TNA should have made clear at the start of the storyline when they laid it out. I can understand TNA being upset with Sabin and Shelley if they really wanted it to happen, but the way they punished them, especially the burial in the promo, is kind of petty.

I didn't see the promo so I can't comment on that. Though having an intense feud w/ the Dudleys should be enough of a hint that someone has to shed some red.

And again, I sure couldn't make myself bleed voluntarily but then again, I'm not in the wres . . . sports entertainment business.

Well both of them were trained by Scott D'amore and from what I gather he is not a fan of blading unless it's absolutely necessary, but I can't imagine any trainer saying cutting your head open is a great idea.

I also noticed no one bothered to put up spoilers for the 2/28 Impact - surely SOMEONE here cares. I don't so I won't start it, but someone must... my only theory is the version I read on WO just had match results with nothing incredibly wacky, and it seems people here that watch Impact would prefer not to read the spoilers and those of us that read them do so to point out how awful Russo is.

I also noticed no one bothered to put up spoilers for the 2/28 Impact - surely SOMEONE here cares. I don't so I won't start it, but someone must... my only theory is the version I read on WO just had match results with nothing incredibly wacky, and it seems people here that watch Impact would prefer not to read the spoilers and those of us that read them do so to point out how awful Russo is.

Nobody has tonight's spoilers up, either. I would do it like I usually do, but I just can't be bothered anymore.

With that Sabin Shelley story, it's actually Shelley who is the one that refused to blade Sabin went with the flow and went along with him he isn't totally against it. Shelley has said that he will never ever blade in the past.

Sabin is catching heat because of Shelley right now.....one thing I was reading said Shelley likes to bitch and grumble thinking he should be a star now and one of the TNA sources said "he like to grumble awfully loud for a guy that hasn't done much"

411:

TNA's Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley will appear on MTV's "Made" on 3/8. They will be training a young gay man to be a wrestler.

Awesome.

I like that they threw in the guy is gay. What does it matter? Is that supposed to increase viewership or something?

411:

TNA's Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley will appear on MTV's "Made" on 3/8. They will be training a young gay man to be a wrestler.

Awesome.

somewhere Pat Patterson is crying in a corner

TNA Shop is not even trying at this point with some of their t-shirt designs.

Nash_lrge.jpg

A Kevin Nash shirt, if you didn't look at the back it would look like a Cafepress shirt.

Sonjay_lrg.jpg

A Pre-Heel Turn Sonjay Dutt T-Shirt.

Shark_lrge-copy.jpg

!!!

I guess the idea is that the kid keeps getting picked on cuz he's gay so he's trying to learn to defend himself.

Because of all the fighting skills you want to learn to defend yourself with.. worked pro wrestling is right at the top. ;)

I guess the idea is that the kid keeps getting picked on cuz he's gay so he's trying to learn to defend himself.

Because of all the fighting skills you want to learn to defend yourself with.. worked pro wrestling is right at the top. ;)

Especially from Alex Shelley of all people. What's Alex Shelley going to teach the kid? Angle did this show a few years ago and it made sense.

I thought they were just implying that he's wussy, cause he's gay. Can he overcome the odds and become a tough wrestler? Or will he cry and bitch slap sabin, throwing a hissy fit? Dun dun dunnnn/

I will laugh my ass off is Shelly teaches the kid that humping face slam.

I understand the whole "blade" thing for both sides.

I see TNA's side beause I'm sure blood would have helped that match get more over and also make the Dudleys look more vicious, however personnally I don't think anyone should be forced to blade for anyone. There are other ways to make someone bleed, and blading isn't always the answer.

The trouble is by burying the Guns they then went on to bury 3D and Devine by pushing Lethal over all three. So instead of pushing three guys, they effectively de-pushed five.

And with the weight limit thing... I think I've missed one Impact since last summer, otherwise have watched week in, week out until my ears bled and my wife watched with me, and both of us never heard anything saying that it was specifically for 3D. We just heard things like Shelley and Sabin saying "we want a 275lb weight limit so you two fat bastards can't wrestle", that sounded to me more like a general rule that was going to specifically inconvenience the Dudleys. Maybe it was on the show I missed earlier this year.

That said, I am enjoying the heel run of the Dudleys in a certain perverted way. For me, they manage to pull off goofy bully heels pretty well. The segments where they were trying to stick to the diet were funny, but they're nasty enough in the ring to actually be believable heels. As opposed to Angle, who's just goofy.

Guest Shylock

Anyone have (or know where I can find) exact numbers for the buys of each PPV TNA had during their first year up until Bound For Glory 2006?