TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Coffey

That's because he comes off as a mark that has no clue what's going on. That's not really a bad thing.

Guest Coffey

Well, he's not great at his job. He has a genuine love for what he's doing but he's certainly not great by any means. He's a bad color commentator. He's improving but he needs to, I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain. He's so excited for everything that nothing seems special when he gets excited about it. Like, when Shark Boy bites someone on the ass and Don goes off, later on in the cage match when he goes off again, it's not as special.

It's like they just mic'd up a fan and he talks during the show, not like he's trying to sell the action to the viewer.

Guest Coffey
To me, Don West is great because he gets me excited about the product. He cares so much that he makes me care, even if I don't want to.

I can see that. I can see the other end of the spectrum too, though. I could see him turning off just as many people as he turns on. I think he comes on too strong most of the time and that came come off as silly and artificial.

Keep that dumb plastic wrap ADD bitch off my screen.

Her and her giant forehead can go hang out at the Playboy mansion and be one of his 30 girlfriends.

Does anyone even know that iMPACT is on Thursday this week instead of Saturday? I think the latest iMPACT advertised it once or twice during the show, but I haven't seen much more. I know that they are getting advertising for the show in USA Today either today or tommorrow's edition as well as a segment on ESPN 2's Cold Pizza on Thursday. I am not sure if that will be enough.

I heard that Jeff Jarrett wasn't too pleased that the A.J. Pierzynski thing got over somewhat to the mainstream audience and that he's mad because AJ Styles is getting the rub off of this and not him. I can see Jeff Jarrett weaseling his way into the angle somehow at Turning Point so that if there is any footage makes it's way on ESPN or other media outlets, Jarrett's mug will be right there, front and center.

TNA needs to do some cross promotion with UFC.

Basically the only reason I feel this way (and the only reason I need to feel this way) is to have Matt Hughes give his thoughts on Jeff Jarrett.

"Jeff Jarrett, who's Jeff Jarrett? Who has he beat? The guy's a joke, that's what he is. If wrestling needs someone who talks about how great he is, despite not actually accomplishing anything in his entire career, well, then he'd be perfect for that spot. The guy hits people with a guitar. That's ridiculous. He played second fiddle to Debra McMichaels breasts. He calls himself King of the Mountain? I've defend my belt 7 or 8 times, and I don't have a nickname. I don't need one. My success is the only nickname I need. I don't need a guitar, or some lackeys at my side. I have a fight team, the best fight team, but they don't fight my fights. Anyone who does that is a coward, in my opinion."

Of course, all of this said in the straight-forward, 100% confident Matt Hughes style.

Guest Bulwark

The name "Lords of Pain" is all the proof I ever needed.

Seriously, what a lame fucking name. Sounds like a BDSM site.

In fairness, they also go by "WrestlingHeadlines.com".

I was just kind of amused that 90% of his argument was "nobody watches TNA".

Guest Bulwark
In fairness, they also go by "WrestlingHeadlines.com".

I was just kind of amused that 90% of his argument was "nobody watches TNA".

Nobody watched Freaks and Geeks, but it was still one of the greatest shows of all time.

...God I miss that show. :(

Isn't the No Compete Clause still around (aside from NJPW)?

I read that Brock could wrestle anywhere, including the US, under the terms of the lawsuit settlement with WWE and that why he could wrestle for NJPW.

Guest GoJoe

I read that article and was more shocked by how the AM show got a rating that high. That's like 1/4 or 1/5 of what SmackDown! gets.

TNA needs to do some cross promotion with UFC.

Basically the only reason I feel this way (and the only reason I need to feel this way) is to have Matt Hughes give his thoughts on Jeff Jarrett.

"Jeff Jarrett, who's Jeff Jarrett? Who has he beat? The guy's a joke, that's what he is. If wrestling needs someone who talks about how great he is, despite not actually accomplishing anything in his entire career, well, then he'd be perfect for that spot. The guy hits people with a guitar. That's ridiculous. He played second fiddle to Debra McMichaels breasts. He calls himself King of the Mountain? I've defend my belt 7 or 8 times, and I don't have a nickname. I don't need one. My success is the only nickname I need. I don't need a guitar, or some lackeys at my side. I have a fight team, the best fight team, but they don't fight my fights. Anyone who does that is a coward, in my opinion."

Of course, all of this said in the straight-forward, 100% confident Matt Hughes style.

Jeff Jarrett needs to lose to Samoa Joe by Rear Naked Choke :bounce:

He jobbed to Shark Boy of all people on the pregame show before a PPV a couple months ago and that's it.

I've never seen RoH, but I feel comfortable saying that if a guy's good enough to hold their Pure Wrestling Championship, he should be given a much better spot on the card than jobbing to fucking Shark Boy.