TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest *KNK*
No, Austin didn't bring in more money than Hogan ever did. Austin was on top for 4 years, MAX, with Foley, Rock, Undertaker, and HHH.

Hogan was on top for 10+ years by himself.

And Austin isn't that small of a guy, either.

Hogan was on top by himself? Are you that clueless? Are you even aware of the structure of the business in the 80's? Hogan wasn't WWF's lone draw.

It's FACT. Austin drew more MONEY. Use common sense to figure out HOW he did such.

Triple H has been "on top" for 5 1/2 years, which is longer then Austin's "tenure" according to you, but that doesn't mean he's made more money then Austin.

Austin has made more money for WWE then Hogan did during their respective peaks.

Guest *KNK*
Doesn't Jimmy Hart work for/with TNA? Couldn't they have him produce some themes that don't all sound the same?

No he doesn't. He signed with WWE for the legends contract.

I wonder what Jake Roberts, Andre, Warrior, Demolition, Beefcake, DiBiase, Bundy, Savage, HTM etc would think about Hogan making 'all that money by himself' in the 80s...even then he didnt do all the house shows and tours.

No, Austin didn't bring in more money than Hogan ever did. Austin was on top for 4 years, MAX, with Foley, Rock, Undertaker, and HHH.

Hogan was on top for 10+ years by himself.

And Austin isn't that small of a guy, either.

Hogan was on top by himself? Are you that clueless? Are you even aware of the structure of the business in the 80's? Hogan wasn't WWF's lone draw.

It's FACT. Austin drew more MONEY. Use common sense to figure out HOW he did such.

Triple H has been "on top" for 5 1/2 years, which is longer then Austin's "tenure" according to you, but that doesn't mean he's made more money then Austin.

Austin has made more money for WWE then Hogan did during their respective peaks.

Who was Hogan with? Warrior and Savage? Andre? Who else besides him was a big draw?

Show me figures and I'll say I was wrong.

I'd like to see the numbers comparing Austin and Hogans career drawing record. Since it's a "Fact", it shouldn't be that hard to find, right?

Nevertheless, when Austin starts up another wrestling boom with another company, call me. I'll make time to give a shit about his drawing power then.

HULK RULES!

Nah, I'll turn it back to the original discussion.

TNA wrestlers are small and that's a problem. Lying about the sizes of their wrestlers is something that's always been in wrestling, but when I found out that Abyss was an inch or two taller than me, I became much less impressed in what he does and whenever Tenay or West comment about his size I roll my eyes. JJ is just ridiculous to look at as a world champion. The dude doesn't look legit and looking legit is so important in wrestling. Abyss at least looks legit given their camera angles and his relative size to the other wrestlers. I'll stand by Kevin Nashes rule of physical appearance and its importance in wrestling - if I think I can kick your ass, you shouldn't be kicking anyone elses. The Xdivision guys I think can get away with it on one level, but on a national drawing level I don't think they can do anything significant.

Nah, I'll turn it back to the original discussion.

TNA wrestlers are small and that's a problem.  Lying about the sizes of their wrestlers is something that's always been in wrestling, but when I found out that Abyss was an inch or two taller than me, I became much less impressed in what he does and whenever Tenay or West comment about his size I roll my eyes.  JJ is just ridiculous to look at as a world champion.  The dude doesn't look legit and looking legit is so important in wrestling.  Abyss at least looks legit given their camera angles and his relative size to the other wrestlers.  I'll stand by Kevin Nashes rule of physical appearance and its importance in wrestling - if I think I can kick your ass, you shouldn't be kicking anyone elses.  The Xdivision guys I think can get away with it on one level, but on a national drawing level I don't think they can do anything significant.

I think the average person would have a tough time kicking the ass of a trained wrestler.

Career wise, nobody is saying Austin outdrew Hogan. We all agree on that part. It's just that for WWF, and WWF alone, Austin made more for the company than Hogan did.

Bret Hart, Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley, Rock, HHH want some respect too.

Did Hogan draw more as part of nWo in WCW did Austin did in WWF?

Career wise, nobody is saying Austin outdrew Hogan. We all agree on that part. It's just that for WWF, and WWF alone, Austin made more for the company than Hogan did.

Then send them a christmas card.

I think Austin drew more in the WWF, but I don't know for certain.

Austin was the bigger draw by the way.

You can fondly remember Hulkamania all you want too...but Austin was the bigger draw. For a quick line of thought on how it's possible that Austin's shorter time on top drew more...How many ppvs were they running a year when Hogan was the guy?

if I think I can kick your ass, you shouldn't be kicking anyone elses.  significant.

I think the average person would have a tough time kicking the ass of a trained wrestler.

Doesn't matter if the average person can or can't, would or wouldn't. As long as they think they can, then there's a problem. How can they take that wrestler seriously?

if I think I can kick your ass, you shouldn't be kicking anyone elses.  significant.

Doesn't matter if the average person can or can't, would or wouldn't. As long as they think they can, then there's a problem. How can they take that wrestler seriously?

By the company pushing that wrestler as if they were an amazing athlete/fighter. For instance, take LowKi. Do YOU think you could kick LowKi's ass from just taking a glance at him? Sure. Then you see him throw kicks, and you see him just beat the hell out of people...and when you realize he's only 5'9", if even, you step back and go "damn."

Besides, there's a simple rule to actual fighting: big guys are an easier fight than little guys. Little guys usually have speed, agility, and flexibility, whereas bigger guys usually are all about strength. As long as a worker is pushed as though the advantages they have over an opponent are those that they excel at, it's not hard to believe that they are capable of owning ass.

Again, another comparison: Chris Benoit. Not a huge draw, I know, but the man has been a decent-sized focal point of every company he's ever worked for. You'd be hard-pressed to find many fans that would think they could kick Benoit's ass, and it's not only because of how Benoit carries himself in the ring, but also how he is booked. When the company books its workers as if they are superior to all others, then size is no longer an issue.

Which actually proves my point even more. It's all about how the smaller guys carry themselves in the ring, and about how the promotion books them. After that? Size doesn't matter.