TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

...who cares? He's never been much of anything in TNA, since he either can't do what he's doing that's making him such a success elsewhere in TNA, or he just isn't that good in the first place.

Of course, I'm a rabid Frankie disliker, as far as TNA goes, so don't mind me.

This originally was a double post...so why not make it interesting?

T-H-U-G, we be

It's our mentality

We thuggin'

Thuggin', thuggin', thuggin'

Till the day we die

The real money program for Samoa Joe is not in his chase for the X Division title, but the World title.

Problem is, Samoa Joe can actually go in the ring, so he gets put in the X Division, which is basically the workrate division whereas the Heavyweight division might as well be called the Personality division since that is where all the character development and mic time go to.

That is pretty much why TNA is where TNA is. The only people allowed to connect with the crowd are the boring heavies like Jarrett, Kip James, 3LK, etc. The X Division guys don't get enough time or stories for them to engage and embrace. This will continue to keep TNA in the .7-.9 range in ratings.

I'd certainly have to agree with you, DA. The only time the X-Division guys ever had any personality was when the shows were a blend of wrestling and sports entertainment (which, again, I loved, since it made almost every single worker interesting in some manner since they were all doing something), and even then? It was all about AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn, XXX, and Kid Kash. But they more than made up for the others, at least IMO.

TNA needs to find a talent who can WORK and TALK. Hrmmmm...

**thinks of Ron Killings again**

...why not just fucking push him already?!

There is no need for an "authority figure" in all of pro wrestling for the next 6-7 years. Fuck, even ROH has a stupid authority figure. It's a relic of the Attitude and NWO era and it needs to be put to bed.

Guest [censored]
There is no need for an "authority figure" in all of pro wrestling for the next 6-7 years. Fuck, even ROH has a stupid authority figure. It's a relic of the Attitude and NWO era and it needs to be put to bed.

Agreed once again we see what happens when people who don't know wrestling history run wrestling. Its as if they have no clue of a time when wrestling was done well without these angles and now that they have been done to death they don't know what to do.

TNA's website has debuted their audio interviews hosted by Brian Fritz, with Team 3-D and Jim Mitchell being the first guests. Whatever happened to the plans for the live TNAWrestling.com radio show?

Credit: PWI

Career wise, nobody is saying Austin outdrew Hogan. We all agree on that part. It's just that for WWF, and WWF alone, Austin made more for the company than Hogan did.

Bret Hart, Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley, Rock, HHH want some respect too.

Did Hogan draw more as part of nWo in WCW did Austin did in WWF?

WCW's biggest profit in one year was 50 million(in '98) and Hogan was the focal point of the promotion that year. WWF's biggest years were probably more than twice that, with Austin/Rock being the draws.

Guest God Junior

From TNAWrestling.com:

Match I Want To See Most At “Turning Point”:

Barbed Wire: Sabu vs. Abyss: 34%

Christian Cage vs. The Alpha Male: 28%

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe: 23%

Tables: Team 3D vs. AMW: 10%

Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino: 4%

Heh.

Guest Bulwark
From TNAWrestling.com:

Match I Want To See Most At “Turning Point”:

Barbed Wire: Sabu vs. Abyss: 34%

Christian Cage vs. The Alpha Male: 28%

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe: 23%

Tables: Team 3D vs. AMW: 10%

Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino: 4%

Heh.

Has a Jarrett match ever won one of these polls? I'd love to see Jarrett's reaction to these. :D

What's the status of Nigel McGuinness? I remember reading that he was going to debut in November. Has he come in and I've just missed it while reading the results or what?

Someone asked what BFG did, and Meltzer said it did around 35,000 buys.

So following this formula

1.0 roughly equates to 400000 seperate homes

That's a .09 buyrate.

Ouch. Not that it truly matters right now if TNA is pulling a profit, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Noovember's show drew.