TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruiserKC

Did I Do The Right Thing

Guest Vitamin X

10 kids?

Shit, I can tell you're European. Must be Irish, too. My girlfriend has that going in her family as well.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Yeah, I'm Irish. Birth control ain't for us, got to keep fucking and having kids.

Why would you try reasoning with a 3 year old when they dont know the difference between right and wrong?

There's nothing wrong with getting a spank and being sent to the stairs. It'll teach the kid not to do it again. It happend to me and I turned out fine and have a fine relationship with my parents. We're not talking beating the shit out of the kid, just one spank so they know not to do something again.

If more people were willing to give their kids a smack on the ass (since it's virtually impossible to cause serious damage with an open hand there)

It's perverted. Why the ass? You're gonna give the kid a spanking fetish.

As metal maniac said the kids not going to have much pain/any damage if you smack them on the ass in comparison to, smacking them/punch in the stomach or hitting them in the face.

And the child would more than likely develop a spanking fetish for lack of being spanked as a child, rather than being spanked as a child.

dont ever have kids. you will fail. bottom line. goodnight

Guest I miss Test.

I'm glad you did the right thing... if anyone tried taking away my kid like that, the old bitch would have been murdered on the spot.

And I hate kids, and never want one.

I love it when people who DON'T have kids try to tell people who DO have kids what they should and shouldn't do to discipline their children...

That gets about half a dozen "Amens" from me.

I risk continuing to feed the troll I'm sure but when common sense is clearly not being used the parent in me comes out, lol.

First of all...being a friend to your child is all good and fine, but the most important thing that a child has to understand is YOU are the parent. That puts you in charge and they are supposed to do whatever you tell them to do. If they go against that authority, there are consequences for that. One of my aunts had 10 children...my uncle is a great guy but he had a firm hand on my cousins. They knew without any doubt that he was in charge and you did what he said.

Depriving children of their toys, candy, TV, etc...can be effective punishments but in some cases the timing may be poor. Children tend to have very small attention spans, especially at the age mine are. If we don't get home from a restaurant for a few hours where the child just finished showering mashed potatoes on the waitress and we told him no TV when we got home...he's forgotten his transgression by then so he has a hard time making the distinction between what he did wrong and his punishment. If you have the chance to discipline him then and there...he is more able to decipher the cause and effect so he's less likely to commit his misbehavior again.

When I was growing up, my parents used spanking as a final option...but if it reached that point I knew my ass was going to get blistered. I turned out just fine. I don't condone spanking for every small little thing. I don't punish my son for spilling his milk or forgetting where he put my reading glasses. Children are clumsy and tend to forget sometimes. But if my child does something that defies my authority and/or could put himself in danger, such as running into the street after being told not to...rest assured the hand of justice will come down.

Parents have just about forgotten about common sense anymore and the idea is to be a parent first, a friend second. I will play Candyland or Hi-Ho Cherrios with him, read to him, watch the Caillou tape that we've seen 500 times before, even hold him and his teddy bear when they're both sick. But...as a parent I will make sure he knows I run the show as well as his mother.

What exactly is "scold"?

And unless you wife was wailing on the kid, those old bitches had no business butting in. Hell, they could have sold Little Bruiser to some sex shop in Asia.

Although I must admit if I was present, I'd probably be laughing at your wife and your kid for throwing a fit because I love it when parents go apeshit with their demonspawn.

Oh, and whenever my cats act up I whip out one of the dozen or so squirt bottles I have around the house and pull the trigger. Perhaps this would work with kids, too...

when my daughter throws a fit, I calmly tell her to knock it off, wrap up whatever i'm at the store doing and bail out...no scenes, just finish what i'm doing and go...

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
There's nothing wrong with getting a spank and being sent to the stairs.

How about if the child kicks up a fuss and doesn't go to the stairs? What do you do? Keep hitting him/her?

I love it when people who DON'T have kids try to tell people who DO have kids what they should and shouldn't do to discipline their children...

As I've said, I've been around kids long enough, to know how to handle them.

but the most important thing that a child has to understand is YOU are the parent. That puts you in charge and they are supposed to do whatever you tell them to do.

Yeah, 'cause you're the big boss, you created them out of your very semen, and can spank their tight round little ass, douche.

but if it reached that point I knew my ass was going to get blistered. I turned out just fine.

Blistered? That's fucking terrible.

Parents have just about forgotten about common sense anymore and the idea is to be a parent first, a friend second.

If you're a friend first, you'll have a better relationship in the future, but of course, all you care about is the child "respecting" you and "doing exactly what you say".

Also...

You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Do you know how wrong you are?  You are so fucking wrong, you wrong fucker you.

Yeah, 'cause you're the big boss, you created them out of your very semen, and can spank their tight round little ass, douche.

Whatever. It's not like he's issuing nightly beatings.

My old man had this stick that had a nail through it. When it was time for my spanking he would get that stick and when I was over his knee he'd lift the stick up with the nail turned toward me. When the stick was out of my line of sight he would flip the stick then strike. Thinking the nail went in me was 100x worse than the actual contact itself.

Spanking works -- look how good I turned out...

I'm exaggerating on the blistered part...and damn skippy the child has to respect me and do what I tell him. It's for his own good...you don't just let your child go run willy-nilly and do whatever or he'd want ice cream every meal.

Besides...you admitted you're not a father...so where does that give you the qualifications to judge how I perform as a dad? When you have a couple of kids that come from your loins than you can judge the type of father I am. It's like priests doing marriage counseling, doesn't make sense.

That last comment directed at FromBeyondTheGrave...this ain't a kid you can send home to their parents...you are the parent. Children have the right to be kids but they have to have limits and discipline.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
My old man had this stick that had a nail through it. When it was time for my spanking he would get that stick and when I was over his knee he'd lift the stick up with the nail turned toward me. When the stick was out of my line of sight he would flip the stick then strike. Thinking the nail went in me was 100x worse than the actual contact itself.

What if he fucked up, and nailed your ass...literally?

Besides...you admitted you're not a father...so where does that give you the qualifications to judge how I perform as a dad? When you have a couple of kids that come from your loins than you can judge the type of father I am.

So I have to experience something, just to comment on it? You're a fucking retard.

...rest assured the hand of justice will come down. 

That's an awesome quote.

So I have to experience something, just to comment on it?

Well, arguments normally make a little bit more sense that way.

Guest clockworkraven
So I have to experience something, just to comment on it? You're a fucking retard.

That's for all the wrestling critics out there.

What if he fucked up, and nailed your ass...literally?

MY GOD IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES OMGLO038408459745897

Besides...you admitted you're not a father...so where does that give you the qualifications to judge how I perform as a dad? When you have a couple of kids that come from your loins than you can judge the type of father I am.

LOGIC IS THE ENEMY OF ALL TROLLS

I'm a father of two little kids...and today the wife, myself, and the little uns go to the mall to get some shopping done for the kids.  The Mrs. goes off with our three-year-old son, and I go off with my 11-month-old daughter the other way.  My son goes into orbit and has a fit since he can't stand to be out of the sight of his sister for too long, lol.  I'd take him but I wanted to look at Christmas gifts for him without him being there. 

As I'm coming back and I see the rest of the clan, my son is once again in temper tantrum mode.  We're talking full-blown, kicking and screaming, yelling and crying, arms and legs flailing mode.  Just picture the old Jericho and Christian tantrums combined.  My wife grabs him by the arm and scolds him...no whipping his rear end that my parents would have done to me back in the day if I pulled a stunt like that.  These two ladies walk by and see what's happening and come over to start yelling at my wife for scolding our son.  What happened next about put ME over the edge...and I'm a pretty mellow guy for the most part.

One woman shoves my wife...the other woman says that perhaps she needs to take my son to security and discuss what happened so at that moment she grabs him by the arm.  Naturally he's pissed at his mother but he doesn't know what to think so he doesn't want to go with them.  She's trying to take him away and my son is crying for Mom.  My wife shoves back the other lady...hard...knocks her on the ground in fact. 

At that moment, I am up to them and I say, "Excuse me, is there something wrong here?"  Very calm, very chilled.  The woman says, "This is none of your concern honey, so you go on and do your thing."  She's an older woman, about 5 foot tall...I'm 5'10", 205...and I again approach her and say, "When you're starting to make off with my child, that makes it my business."  She started to make some smart-mouth comment as she's walking away...I don't remember what the rest was said I was so pissed.

So as she's walking away, I grab her by the scruff of the neck, grip hard enough to get her attention and say, "Excuse me...you're walking off with my son!  That makes it my business and if you take one more step it's going to be the ER's business since I'm going to break your fucking neck!"  She lets go and says, "I'm going to tell the police!"  I tell her go ahead, her friend assaulted my wife and she tried to kidnap my son.  And I said also, "And I meant what I said about you if you take one more step with my child!" I am so mad I was shaking by that point...fortunately a friend of mine that is a manager at one of the stores in the mall came up to us at that point.  He said that he saw the whole thing and would be happy to testify to security what they were doing. 

Security comes and has to go through everything...rent-a-cops are as useless as tits on a bull in most cases.  Eventually I find out one of the ladies said that she had seen her grandson being abused by his parents and couldn't stand to see that happen.  I didn't want to hear it, I'm so furious I know I can't see straight and the last thing I said to her as she tried to apologize is, "You had no right to interfere as my wife was not beating our child...mind your own business in the future." 

I have to wonder...did I do the right thing and handle it the right way?  I understand that children are treated terribly all over but my wife did nothing that was really out of line.  And I'm oldschool in my child rearing...my dad would have beat the shit out of me and my siblings for pulling a stunt like that in the mall.  All I saw was someone taking my child and I wasn't going to stand for it.

Jesus, I got pissed at them just reading that. If anything you were too nice to them.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

No, if I see somebody being a bad parent, I can fucking say they're being a bad parent. You can be a critic of something, without actually having done it.

Whatever. It's not like he's issuing nightly beatings.

Spanking works -- look how good I turned out...

The trick I learned was how our dad used to spank me and my brother. When you make the move to spank I cup my hand so that the sound it makes when hand hits rear is louder than the impact it makes. If anything else, I scare my son more that way.

Besides, as children have short attention spans he wants a hug 30 seconds after the punishment. Couple minutes after that, we're reading or coloring and all is forgotten. My son is not scarred from his ordeal.

As for our troll roaming this post that will remain nameless, there's just no educating the ignorance out of him.

No, if I see somebody being a bad parent, I can fucking say they're being a bad parent. You can be a critic of something, without actually having done it.

In FBTGrave's defense, I don't buy the "Don't tell me how to raise my kids if you don't have any yourself" reasoning. I don't agree with him regarding the main topic of thread, because I don't think what Bruiser and Mrs. Bruiser did was considered "abuse." In fact, I think a smack on the rear is far from abuse; I think my definition would be a consistent wave of physical punishment that is completely uncontrolled.

If I would ever see a parent commit what I would consider child abuse, I would certainly say or do something about it. I have never done this, but that's not to say I wouldn't if the situation presented itself. The closest I have ever come to this is either laugh at some white trash family at Wal-Mart or make a passing comment like "It's a shame animals have to be caged up whenever they travel, yet children are allowed to roam free..."

I'm guilty of the occasional snicker or smirk or comment at children that are just completely out of control and running rampant.

The problem anymore is that there are horrible parents out there that have no damn business reproducing yet there is no legislating for stupidity. Then the people who screwed up in the Department of Human Services or Child and Families put on a zero tolerance policy that leads to parents getting harrassed for doing nothing wrong. Meanwhile, another parent beats their child to near-death.

It's all about priorities.

We've been so Dr. Spocked to death anymore that you have some children crying out "abuse" on parents because they couldn't stay up late to watch TV or because their teacher actually made them stay after class for that whoopee cushion on the teacher's chair. If I did that and it was false, my parents would have unleashed all hell and heaven on me.

All it takes is a little common sense, common sense that it seems we have forgotten as a society. Or has it always been like this and I didn't notice until now?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
As for our troll

Fuck you.

What if you spank the child for being bad, and they continue to be bad, and you hit them again, and again they continue to be bad, and no matter how many times you hit them, they continue to be bad, what do you do? You have to use a more intelligent approach to the situation.

Oh, and whenever my cats act up I whip out one of the dozen or so squirt bottles I have around the house and pull the trigger. Perhaps this would work with kids, too...

You should have considered it before the KKK removed your child.

Anyways, I'm not going to join in on the spanking discussion but the old biddies were way out of their league on this one. From what it sounds like, that incident could have traumatized your son (being frigging abducted at age 3) more than any spanking could have. I hope your wife got an apology too.

As for our troll

Fuck you.

What if you spank the child for being bad, and they continue to be bad, and you hit them again, and again they continue to be bad, and no matter how many times you hit them, they continue to be bad, what do you do? You have to use a more intelligent approach to the situation.

Enough of the fucking what if's, I'm sick of seeing every post with another hypothetical situation.

What if the child calls you a fucking idiot?? Then what?? Are you going to take away some tv time away? Oh my god what if that doesn't work!?!? What if your child then throws its own feces at a house guest?!? No candy for an hour! Hopefully that will do the trick. Holy shit what if THAT doesn't work and feces continue to be strewn all over the house!? My god the possibilities are damn near endless!!