That someone is smilin' right at me

WAIT! That someone's talkin' to me

Hey! I've got a new friend!

Anybody can succeed

All you need is to believe

Be honest with yourself

Forget your fears and doubts

C'mon give us a try

At Degrassi Junior HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah. that's the good stuff. all from memory. Viva la 7th grade health class.

I might watch the old but I gave up on the new group when they played the "feel sorry for the abusive teen!" episodes.

It's like the message was simple:

Picking on someone is worse than throwing a girl into a rock and putting her in a coma.

Fuck that news.

he didn't purposely throw her into the rock, though...

oh and the new group went downhill once Sean left the show...

Well, he was purposely punching her in the face. Face it, the guy deserved some abuse. It's not like someone punched his mom in the face.

With Sean leaving, at least we didn't have Emma saying, "SEAN!" in that annoying voice of hers. And I find it hilarious she went from women's rights to giving the the biggest racist fuckhead in the school a blowjob. That was just great. The WWE doesn't abandon characters and plots as quickly as Degrassi does.

which racist fuckhead? Sean's former and Spinner's current running buddy? That dude had a black friend when he first appeared, if I recall...I agree though, I find Emma to be one of the more annoying characters in a TV series...the gal that plays Manny, however, can certainly head my way once she turns 18...

The series was just establishing characters that first season and then they started bouncing them in the strangest directions EVER. Half of them no longer made sense, two of them came off like creepy future serial killers, and the females just flushed all their brain cells.

Manny makes me think the wrong things.

So, they're showing old Degrassi on The N right now.

I like the synth music.  Good stuff.

Have to catch it; never watched the show and everything I've heard about Degrassi is that it's one big right-wing propaganda series that promotes fantasy 1950s conformity values......

So, they're showing old Degrassi on The N right now.

I like the synth music.  Good stuff.

Have to catch it; never watched the show and everything I've heard about Degrassi is that it's one big right-wing propaganda series that promotes fantasy 1950s conformity values......

clearly whoever you heard that from is quite possibly the dumbest motherfucker ever. seriously. i don't even like the show that much, although i have seen every episode of the older generation & can defeat anyone in trivia, but the show is a LEFT WING propaghanda series that rallies AGAINST fantasy 1950's comformity values....

Guest TheDon

Great show. I have watched the first 3 seasons on dvd. I remember watching this show every sunday at noon on pbs.

i have seen every episode of the older generation & can defeat anyone in trivia

Alright man. Let's go. I'ma beat the Canadian at his own show.

Oh and P.S.: if you think Degrassi was a right-wing political machine you are a dumb motherfucker

Speaking of Emma, whatever happen to that black guy she was dating for like two episodes? I know they broke up, but he just disappeared afterwards which has always puzzled me. You can still see him in the opening credits though.

Oh, and Ellie is the hottest girl on the show.

I'd take Ellie if she wasn't emo-ing it up all the time...I dug Ashely more than her....Manny still gets top honor...Paige reminds me of Miss Piggy a little too much...Hazel isn't bad either...

Guest TheDon

Emma is by far the hottest on the Next Generation. I feel sorry for the guys for the original show. The only attractive girl was Caitlyn. It's funny how Arthur's sister god I cant remember her name was considered to be the pretty girl. Every time I saw her smile she was missing teeth. Plus the twins had to be by far the ugliest characters on either show.

Edit Stephanie K. That was her name. I always swore she was missing teeth towards the sides of her mouth. God those girls in the original series were ugly. Roula, the girl with the short hair who Snake had a crush on, the nerdy blonde with the alcoholic mother, LB the tomboy, the girl with the black and white parents, the mouse girl that BLT liked.

Well, of course, looking back on it, the girls are all ugly. But in the late 80's, they weren't bad. That's not to say they were good. Caitlyn was decent other than being a hippy bitch and all that shit with that psycho Claude.

I never minded Tessa Campinelli though. The no dialogue Allison and Amy weren't bad (again for the time). Neither was Lucy or Spike (other than the fact that she hung out with crazy lesbo Liz). Michelle and Alexa were probably average for the time. And there was nothing wrong with Stephanie Kaye.

But yeah, Voula, Heather, Erica, Kathleen, Melanie, et al were ugly no matter how you spin it.

On the Next Generation, the females are definetly head and shoulders above the last class.

Ellie, Manny, Emma, and Ashley are all high quality. Darcy has potential. Paige, Hazel and Alex are decent. The only real bad ones are Liberty and Terri.

Guest TheDon

Stephanie Kaye was missing her side teeth. I dont want to hear it for her. I was watching one episode where Snake was all up in love with Melanie and he had this hot girl all over him and he choosed Melanie to ask to the dance. I was like you have got to be kidding me. I think it is a tossup between LB and the Twins as who was uglier.