TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
A Happy Medium

Griffon's Total Extreme Wrestling Fun

When I can't write anymore, I play video games. FIFA 2006 and TEW epecially.

Anyways, I thought I would make the SWF into a fed that would take on the other Cornellverse companies and kick some ass.

Now, I could make up everything as I go, but I would rather ask you guys to give me some vitals to make the game more realistic for me....and make it easier for me to build the game. Now, I was wondering if you could fill out some templates for me. I'll do my best to make it simple. Giving me percentages would be the best way for this to work.

Rumble skills (brawling, hardcore, power, strong style and shoot fighting):

Technical skills (mat work, chain wrestling, submissions):

Flying skills (aerial abilities, flashiness):

Sportz Entertainment (microphone, charisma, acting, looks, and superstar quality):

Performance skills (wrestling basics, psychology, safety, consistancy, selling):

Physical skills (athleticism, toughness, stamina):

Extra shit (intensity, resilience, sitffness, menace, refereeing):

Backstage skills (business, booking, respect):

Oh...and give me an idea of how over you would be in the U.S. please be honest, lol...minumum of 65 out of 100 for the United States.

If I get a good turn out with this, I will be forced to write this into a diary like I'm Frost...only without it being intentionally funny.

As well...I have an upcoming fuvolution promo in the works, since I told GOdrea I was going to come back and do some...

Sam Jacksontology...Samuel L. Jackson makes a new Hollywood religion.

I'm game. Stats for Jay Hawke (assuming you need numbers for all th subcategories):

Sportz Entertainment (microphone, charisma, acting, looks, and superstar quality):

Performance skills (wrestling basics, psychology, safety, consistancy, selling):

70 (who'd be afraid of Hawke. anyway?)

Oh...and give me an idea of how over you would be in the U.S. please be honest, lol...minumum of 65 out of 100 for the United States.

KOJI: 70,74,67,83,85

Chris Card: 65,73,72,80,90

Natasha: 21,35,10,25,35

KOJI: 89,93,82

Chris Card: 94,92,88

Natasha: 30,15,7

KOJI: 93,95

Chris Card: 65,40

Natasha: 50,60

KOJI: 25,87,82,84,81

Chris Card: 98,99,90,78,90

Natasha: 92,95,88,100,90

KOJI:

Chris Card: 95,99,93,90,90

Natasha: 55,35,96,91,99

KOJI: 95,75,90

Chris Card: 78,82,73

Natasha: 85,20,37

KOJI: 65,74,80,40,65

Chris Card: 65,70,75,70,50

Natasha: 65,20,35,5,50

KOJI: 20,5,50

Chris Card: 99,85,75

Natasha: 80,86,75

Looking at that made me realize that I write Spike in a manner where he has no real weaknesses...

Shit, It's Toxxic all over again.

You mean other than being a little twerp that makes the perfect bouncing ball for big guys?? :lol:

TORU Takahara: 95, 91, 90, 93, 75

Toxxic: 78, 88, 67, 70, 70

TORU: 35, 30, 40

Toxxic: 60, 55, 77

TORU: 85, 80

Toxxic: 95, 100

TORU: 25, 75, 50, 65, 75

Toxxic: 95, 96, 98, 90, 97

TORU: 80, 82, 70, 75, 81

Toxxic: 78, 65, 90, 95, 75

TORU: 80, 90, 90

Toxxic: 96, 75, 84

TORU: 80, 92, 90, 88, 60

Toxxic: 95, 78, 75, 70, 75

TORU: 50, 50, 75

Toxxic: 85, 77, 80

TORU: 75. I'd say the same for KOJI, since Card didn't put it down

Toxxic: 100. Bitches.

Looking at that made me realize that I write Spike in a manner where he has no real weaknesses...

You mean apart from the fact that any non-cruiserweight could overpower him, and what he knew about mat wrestling could be written on the back of a postage stamp? Even towards the end of his career Toxx was still only average on the mat, and a proper wrestler could tie him in knots.

Marcus Ward

Overness: 68

-

Shjould be about right, don't hesitate to adjust if you think something is too high. I thought i got them fairly realistic :)

I keep thinking about doing some for the great old school IGNWF legends, like Stone Froze Jack Houston, but then I'm all like "Meh, who really cares about SFJH aside from myself?" but then I'm all like "But Stone Froze was awesome! Sorta..."

MAYBE LATER STONE FROZE, AND THEN SOME OTHER COOL PEOPLE, LIKE EXPLODING CHICKEN AND THE GREAT GALATEA.

You mean apart from the fact that any non-cruiserweight could overpower him, and what he knew about mat wrestling could be written on the back of a postage stamp? Even towards the end of his career Toxx was still only average on the mat, and a proper wrestler could tie him in knots.

You always had a counter to being over-powered or mat wrestling. And if they could counter that, Toxx could counter that counter. It's an endless cycle of not having any real weaknesses.

Yeah, it's called speed and trickery. What I mean is, I always wrote Toxxic to win, yes, because he used what he could to get past his physical disadvantages. But he wasn't unassailable - pretty much no matter who he faced, they could always do SOMETHING better than him, he just didn't always let them use it.

I dunno. Maybe 80-85.

I guess it's all accurate, but if anyone has better suggestions...

it's all about how you write him thought - even if stats and stuff would indicate a weakness

I mean if I wanted to I could write Bruce as a power monster with a ton of cheating that never really allowed himself to get in trouble from his "defined" weaknesses

but what fun is that? My philosophy is to try and make people look good even in defeat (I write myself a win, my ego isn't hurt by me writing the other guy as outsmarting me, out wrestling me or just kicking my ass through a large part of the match)

That's just my personal style, I try to give something to the guy or guys that's generous enough to give me the win - so they don't sit there afterewards and go "Well I was just squashed"

You always had a counter to being over-powered or mat wrestling. And if they could counter that, Toxx could counter that counter. It's an endless cycle of not having any real weaknesses.

Lemme say something: Finding a way to prevent your weakness from coming into play is not a lack of weakness, it's just being that good. Guys who win all the time don't seem to have a weakness because they can cover it up better. Thusly, people who are often vaunted as not having a weakness are just good enough that they manage to cover their weakness up best. I mean, you don't win matches by allowing someone to completely exploit your weakness (At least, when you are a heel you don't). :-\

I mean, you don't win matches by allowing someone to completely exploit your weakness (At least, when you are a heel you don't). :-\

Why not? they can exploit a weakness in you but still lose - faces look courageous if they overcome it

and heels can use it as an opportunity to cheat etc.

those that never lets anyone explore their weaknesses may just as well not have any - take Triple H

and if you can't ever write your own character to look bad from time to time you take this game too serious - it's not (well to me) about egos and always looking like Superman. You give and you take

I mean, you don't win matches by allowing someone to completely exploit your weakness (At least, when you are a heel you don't). :-\

Why not? they can exploit a weakness in you but still lose - faces look courageous if they overcome it

and heels can use it as an opportunity to cheat etc.

those that never lets anyone explore their weaknesses may just as well not have any - take Triple H

and if you can't ever write your own character to look bad from time to time you take this game too serious - it's not (well to me) about egos and always looking like Superman. You give and you take

Perhaps it was badly worded. Not to say that you shouldn't have a weakness, or that you shouldn't always be able to exploit it, but Spike's argument was "He always finds a counter, and then another counter". Well, my argument was that you can't win if you don't find a way to stop someone from exploiting it. Toxxic has weaknesses, he realizes this and tries to cover it up and manages to prevent it from being his undoing in the end; I know many of my victories in the SWF were because my wrestler was experienced and had been in enough fights to know how to counter what. Even if it wasn't exactly the perfect counter, it would work one time and he'd be able to live another day.

Triple H is the over-use of my mantra, agreed. But I think what Spike is talking about is something much different than that.