TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE to start Midget Division on SmackDown!

From WWE.Com:

=========

The Juniors are Coming!

Oct. 15, 2005

In an unprecedented collaboration, network executive Palmer Canon and SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long announced today the introduction of a new WWE wrestling division exclusive to Friday Night SmackDown: The Juniors.

The Juniors Division will be comprised of world-class athletes at or below 5 feet tall. “Midgets, dwarves, the little people; they’re all welcome,” said Long. “We don’t discriminate against anybody on my show, as long as they can bring it.”

“The network believes there’s big ratings and big excitement in the new Juniors Division," Canon added. "I think fans will be shocked at what these tiny, but very talented, competitors can add to the already incredibly gifted roster here on Friday Night SmackDown.”

Guest Biggles

Didn't they try this at some point in the late 90's? It didn't go over real well then, and I doubt it will go over well now.

So they've just renamed the Cruiser division?

(insert Tazz joke here)

Guest Chrisly_2005

This has got to be one of the worst ideas Vince has had in a long, long time.

More TV time for Chris Benoit!!

Well, I guess they found a way to make Rey a world champion afterall

No Eddie jokes? You people disappoint.

I cannot believe that they'll put this on Smackdown before the cruiserweight division. Unbelievable.

Guest Biggles

On a positive note, it wll be nice to hear "STORM... CRADLE... DRIVER!!!" on WWE tv.