TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Charles Rocket dead

I know Charles Rocket.  I've seen some of the 80s SNLs, plus read the "Live from New York" book where they talk a little about the F-Bomb incident.  Haven't seen this name in a while, strange to read this.

I remember him from an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent before anything else. Weird.

I got an advertisement on the page that Richard linked to for "The Weather Man". Did Nicholas Cage just use the same picture for "Lord of War" that he did for this new movie?

That's some high quality 25 year old video footage right there. No wonder they fired him. That was pretty intentional.

I actually remember seeing part of that episode back when Comedy Central used to show SNL reruns, but was like "Who the fuck's the blonde chick"? (Yeah, I know she was on "Dallas".)

I was thinking of starting this thread, but I don't think anyone knew who he was.

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW CHARLES ROCKET?!!?!? THE MAN IS A COMEDY LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was also in the Tom Petty video for "You're So Bad" from the Full Moon Fever album.

I don't know where the hell in my brain I was storing that.

Yes, because people have only been saying who the guy is over the past 16 posts.

Sorry, maybe I should reword: this man's name means nothing to me. Maybe you could write a tribute to him in a long, rambling SNL review that no one gives a shit about? :lol:

Sorry, maybe I should reword: this man's name means nothing to me. Maybe you could write a tribute to him in a long, rambling SNL review that no one gives a shit about? 

Laugh. Out. Loud.

I don't see the point in posting a thread saying you didn't know the guy when all the posts above pretty much mention what he's done.

So seriously, shut up if you have nothing to say.

I still have yet to see any other official report of his death

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/17/c...tion=cnn_latest

I didn't know who the fuck this guy was either, but as soon as I saw that he was dead and that he used to be on SNL, I immediately suspected Barron was involved.

It's only a matter of time, you know. One of these days, Barron is going to snap, and I wouldn't want to be Horatio Sanz when it happens.

Sorry, maybe I should reword: this man's name means nothing to me. Maybe you could write a tribute to him in a long, rambling SNL review that no one gives a shit about? 

Laugh. Out. Loud.

I don't see the point in posting a thread saying you didn't know the guy when all the posts above pretty much mention what he's done.

So seriously, shut up if you have nothing to say.

Hey, bobby, take your own advice before you start dishing it out to others. Maybe then I'll "shut up if I have nothing to say."