TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

BREAKING NEWS - KEVIN NASH IN HOSPITAL IN ORLANDO

Well that sure is an interesting group.

I hate seeing Zybysko in a role of power, it just doesn't work for me. He would be far better as just an interviewer, a manager, or something else like that. He's just not convincing to me at all. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not into it so far.

I don't mind Larry Z because he at least isn't the focus of every show, and has credibility as a former wrestler. It's not like he's in every other segment.

I like Larry, I loved him in WCW, it's just when I've seen him trying to enforce something, it just doesn't come across right to me. I think it's his voice, I just don't find it suited for what they have him doing.

Just announce at the show that the winner of Monster's Ball gets the title shot. Then Hardy can win and he can eat the stroke again.

Guest Biggles

I really don't think it'll be Raven, in the context of the storylines, why would Zbysko just up and give Raven a title shot when for an entire month he's been barring him from the building and such?

If it isn't a surprise new name for TNA, then I think they'll probably have Larry say during the preshow that he'll be paying close attention to all of the matches during the show and that the comittee will take their performances tonight into consideration in deciding on a new challenger. Then hopefully Monty would just fucking KILL Hoyt tonight and get the shot.

This is being promoted as TNA's biggest show of the year. You should have a World title match as part of it. Here's how I'd book this tonight if I ran TNA's booking.

In the pre-show 30 minutes, I'd announce the opening match as a 20-man over the top rope battle royal. Winner faces Jarrett for the title in the ME. It would be easy for whoever is booked to win to then scrap their match for tonight.

And if this is legit, I'm trying real hard to avoid any jokes on Nash blowing out his quad at the buffet line.

Guest Biggles
What the fuck did Batista say about AJ?

He said something along the lines of "people can jump around and do these high flying stuff but it's not wrestling".

I wouldn't work the injury into the storyline, mainly because the vast majority of the audience would know the truth and wouldn't buy it for a second, so it would be insulting their intelligence to try and pass it off as anything else. But it still can be incorporated into the PPV and used to build the main event.

Monty Brown cutting a promo talking about "Survival of the Fittest" and how Nash was too weak to challenge for the title but he (Brown - Alpha Male) is ready for his shot tonight (playing off the promo from yesterday). Raven saying fate has given him this opportunity to get revenge and his title back. James Mitchell saying that Kevin Nash was a big star, and TNA needs a bigger star to replace him - pointing to Abyss. Have all this in the 30 minutes of free time before the PPV. Then have the TNA executive commitee decide that all the winners of the nights matches will compete in a Battle Royale to determine the #1 contender to JJ. Raven pops out of no where and cusses up a storm saying its unfair since he's not on the PPV and can't qualify to be in the main event. Have him pull a Locke from LOST and talk about "You can't do this to me! This is my destiny!"

If Samoa Joe beats Lyger (likely), have Joe pull out because he is either uninterested in the shot at the moment or he's injured or whatever. Have the announcers say that TNA offered Lyger the choice to compete and Lyger accepted. Have the battle royale with all the winners, with Lyger missing. Near the end have Lyger come down and eliminate the remaining guys in the ring in pretty short order. Have JJ enter the ring immediately and jump Lyger from behind. Lyger fights back though and in the hustle and bustle the mask comes off to reveal Raven. Then you have your match.

Um...doesn't Raven have a rather differant body type from Liger? That outfit isn't something they could get quickly replicated for Raven, i would think

Um...doesn't Raven have a rather differant body type from Liger? That outfit isn't something they could get quickly replicated for Raven, i would think

Actually, from the video packages that they've been showing of him, they do kinda have the same body type

The whole point of having "Lyger" get in there at the end to eliminate everyone and to reveal Raven soon after is because it would be quickly apparent that it's not Lyger. However, Lyger also wears a mask and body suit, so it wouldn't be immediately apparent. There would have to be camera tricks to make up for the height difference, but it's certainly doable and the effect would make for some exciting TV, in my view.

The Liger outfit idea is insulting. Good intentions and all that stuff though RRR.

I would have gone with a La Parka run-in since Raven's about his size and more closely resembles the chair man's look.

Liger's like 5'6" legit and built like a brick shit house. Fans with a clue would immediately know something's up.

At least when Dean Malenko juked Chris Jericho into having a match with him, he was about the same size as Halloween.

It reminds me of both the time that Dean Malenko did that (dressed as Ciclope) in the battle royal at WCW Slamboree 1998 to get the shot at Jericho, and when DDP dressed up like La Parka in WCW.

You could have Lyger wear lifts to help prop him up some and have Raven slouch to make up for the 3-4 inch difference in height. And if you have someone like Abyss and Monty Brown in the ring at the end, along with certain camera angles, the illusion would be effective for the TV audience. Certainly doable.

Guest Coffey

I really don't think Jarrett should lose the title tonight to anyone. Let alone hotshot the title onto someone that's not even in the heavyweight title picture.

Actually, from the video packages that they've been showing of him, they do kinda have the same body type

According to Obsessed with Wrestling, Liger is 5'7", 213 lbs and Raven is 6'1" 244, he's way too tall

I know that Jarrett should retain tonight. I was just saying how much I would love to see Joe win it. Meltzer seems to think Jarrett vs Rhino is a possibility.

Guest Coffey

I've always like The Truth but I'm not a fan of his moveset, ring attire or dancing gimmick. He needs to just be angry and kick people's asses. He doesn't need to do all the flips and shit, much like RVD only with better promo skills.

If the rumors about Homicide coming in are true, I would like to see The Truth fly solo again. 3LK really just holds him back. I mean, Konnan is throwing shoes at people and BG James is the shits.

I like his moveset, hate the dancing, and the ring attire is ok. Couldn't really see him with much different ring attire. I like his ability to cut a promo, and he shouldn't be anywhere near Konnan and BG James. His gimmick during the early days of TNA PPV was pretty good.