TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

And my love for wrestling has just died...

To be honest, I was more offended by the ending to Angle/Cena than the JR skit. Total bullshit ending. We already know the WWE can't do comedy...the fact they can't do convincing, non intelligence insulting endings for main events involving the most popular guy in the company worries me a lot more.

To be honest, I was more offended by the ending to Angle/Cena than the JR skit. Total bullshit ending. We already know the WWE can't do comedy...the fact they can't do convincing, non intelligence insulting endings for main events involving the most popular guy in the company worries me a lot more.

The Cena/Bischoff feud needs to die. I've been tired of heel authority figures vs. rebel workers storylines for quite sometime now, as probably everyone else has.

The Cena/Bischoff feud needs to die. I've been tired of heel authority figures vs. rebel workers storylines for quite sometime now, as probably everyone else has.

Didn't you get the memo? It's 1998 all over again.

No its 1995 again.

They weren't firing SCSA in 1995.

WCW fired him and that was either 95 or late 94.

Easy to confuse the two.

EDIT: 'The two' being WCW and the WWF, rather than 95 and 94.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Speaking of Stone Cold getting fired, I have a question from the comments thread.

How does a retired wrestler (Stone Cold) get his career put on the line? Steph did say that Stone Cold was wrestling for JR's and his job, which is absurd because they fired him. Stone Cold is retired last I checked, so how exactly do the stipulations effect him?

My head hurts attempting to make sense of this crap.

Guest Fishyswa

When did he retire? He stopped working because of injuries, but injuries heal. I definitely don't remember them ever announcing a SCSA retirement.

When did he retire? He stopped working because of injuries, but injuries heal. I definitely don't remember them ever announcing a SCSA retirement.

He was "forced into retirement" when Stone Cold's team lost to Bischoff's at Survivor Series. I think Orton pinned Michaels with an RKO for the final fall.

Anyone attempting to apply logic to WWE storylines... just stop. Please. One of their World champs no sold consecutive "serious injuries" from Tyson Tomko "concussing" and then after Angle "broke his ankle" Cena still no sold the "injury" on PPV. If their own staff can't remember what they should be doing and what rules they should abide by (rules they dictate, no less), our efforts are futile.

Guest *KNK*

He was "forced into retirement" when Stone Cold's team lost to Bischoff's at Survivor Series. I think Orton pinned Michaels with an RKO for the final fall.

Anyone attempting to apply logic to WWE storylines... just stop. Please. One of their World champs no sold consecutive "serious injuries" from Tyson Tomko "concussing" and then after Angle "broke his ankle" Cena still no sold the "injury" on PPV. If their own staff can't remember what they should be doing and what rules they should abide by (rules they dictate, no less), our efforts are futile.

What's sad is that former champs like Hart and Savage would sell injuries through an entire month and sometimes beyond that and that wasn't just for the same program. They were consistant with selling beyond just the match.

Thank you.

Wasn't Stephanie supposed to also never return after losing her loser leaves town match? Ugh. No wonder no one takes stips seriously anymore.

Hell, they don't even take murder seriously anymore. Orton "murdered" Taker with fire and, well, my head hurts again.

You guys are nearly comical. Personally I laughed my ass off at the whole segment. Obviously this whole "conflict" angle with JR and Vince is nothing more than a work. He's been giving an interview on WWE.com talking seriously about how he's being pushed out because of his Belles Palsy and all that. In truth everyone knew he was going in for surgery...no cancer thankfully...and more than likely Vince did the segment as much for JR's benefit as for boosting his heel credentials. If I was JR...and just found out I was cancer free...i'd probably laugh like hell at that skit.

All this stuff about "dignity" and super seriousness is very over rated. I don't think JR...or Vince for that matter...take themselves so seriously.

I know I don't.

If they had to have that segment take up air time, they could have at least had Coach being in it instead of Vince. That way, at least the guy making fun of JR would be the guy taking on JR's best friend on the PPV and it could be argued that the skit was building up a PPV that could make money. As it is, it just took up air time that could have been used for something that might have drawn.

This thread is hilarious. To think it has reached over five pages about friggin JR shows how lame the wwe is getting. Things that stuck out in this thread that the wwe should worry about are.....

HHH did this SAME DAMN skit involving Hurricane not too long ago and it sucked then. Why would they think otherwise this time? Because Vince is the biggest heel in history or something?

That some people can't even be bothered to complain about this crap which is why they design these stupid segments to begin with. Vince the live crowd gave you first hand info on what they think about this crap. Get a clue.

People defending CRAP is the funniest of all. Seriously, this angle makes no sense as some have said and who REALLY cares about this? This company is really clueless. It's almost astonishing how the wwe can screw up their top babyfaces when they are given the belts. Eddie Guerrero was the first casualty and now John Cena. Again who REALLY cares about this Bischoff nonsense?

The wwe is trying to use real life and mix it with kayfabe. They are FAILING miserably. They use to be masters at this such as using Vince's screwjob heat and aligning it with Austin's rising popularity. Having HHH and Steph's relationship on screen. They lucked out with Hardy and Edge and now are using stuff like JR's surgery for trying to get reality-based heat :huh:

The real sad part as someone mentioned is the wwe actually thinking this stuff up and bothering to waste time and effort into making skits like this. JR vs. Vince at Mania I say for the US title in the main event. I mean that is their logic nowadays. I also think Vince and Steph's little comments towards the fans shows their real frustration. Vince probably does want to fire the fans since they aren't swallowing his crap like they did in 1999. Steph saying the fans aren't original is probably a crack at us complaining about the same junk they do month after month. To me, those promos showed more reality based stuff than anything they've done for a while because they have to be frustrated that they can't get to Russo-like numbers and have superstars as hot as Rock and Austin in their prime.

Guest Chrisly_2005

This skit was just terrible but i have to admit it made me laugh when they said they found Mae Young's other hand.

The real sad part as someone mentioned is the wwe actually thinking this stuff up and bothering to waste time and effort into making skits like this. JR vs. Vince at Mania I say for the US title in the main event. I mean that is their logic nowadays. I also think Vince and Steph's little comments towards the fans shows their real frustration. Vince probably does want to fire the fans since they aren't swallowing his crap like they did in 1999. Steph saying the fans aren't original is probably a crack at us complaining about the same junk they do month after month. To me, those promos showed more reality based stuff than anything they've done for a while because they have to be frustrated that they can't get to Russo-like numbers and have superstars as hot as Rock and Austin in their prime.

This man speaks the truth. Vince, hate the fans?

Get a new job then. The customer is always right so give us what we want and we won't scowl at you.

Guest Zarock

The problem is, is that it isn't as simple as "Well, gee, let's try something new for a change! Let's ask the internet what fans want!". The truth is that there are very few ways in gauging what the fans want without exposing the business. They very well can't post topics in smark forums asking "HAY GUYS WERE IN A JAM WHAT GUYS DO YOU WANT TO PUSH?!?!". Real change takes more work then just posting an irate message in a forum.