TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

And my love for wrestling has just died...

I thank God that I missed the Katie Vick skit, but just reading about killed a little bit inside of me. Now, in 2005, seeing what I just saw on my fucking tv really pisses me off. Sure, I wasn't expecting good wreslting or a good show, but a fucking skit where Vince McMahon digs into JR's asshole just killed me. Is this what we have come to? Is it? If so, fuck Vince McMahon, fuck the whole McMahon family, and fuck the WWE. I'm may quit watching this bullshit of a product and go to TNA.

It just shows you that there's some people in the WWE that find this stuff funny. And they've got the power to show the world.

It's just too bad for all the boys in the back that drove all the way to Fresno to sit backstage and do nothing because they don't have time to get on TV cause of this stuff.

Maybe it's just me, but I get angrier when WWE fails with serious storylines than I do when they do shitty comedy.

My love for pro wrestling "died" more when they did the Angle-Cena non-finish or last month when nothing eventful happened in Batista vs. Eddie.

I thank God that I missed the Katie Vick skit, but just reading about killed a little bit inside of me. Now, in 2005, seeing what I just saw on my fucking tv really pisses me off. Sure, I wasn't expecting good wreslting or a good show, but a fucking skit where Vince McMahon digs into JR's asshole just killed me. Is this what we have come to? Is it? If so, fuck Vince McMahon, fuck the whole McMahon family, and fuck the WWE. I'm may quit watching this bullshit of a product and go to TNA.

You might as well start watching Japanese wrestling, cuz TNA ain't much better. Well, come to think about it, Japan is in a slump now too. Wrestling just sucks anymore.

I don't know what you are talking about since I'm busy watching Vinny fumble the ball on MNF, but I gather this is one of those situations where I'm glad that the McMahon's don't give a shit about Smackdown and thus won't be subjected to this type of thing on Thursday (in Canada). Say what you will about the Boogeyman or Heidenreich, but they are just dumb, not offensive.

Is this what we have come to?

They've actually been there for quite a while now..

That's to say I can't understand why people get so pissed off when WWE pulls off these stupid segments (especially those who say they're gonna stop watching) when wwe ALWAYS pulls off these stupid segments. It's nothing new. Those that would stop watching tonight should have stopped a long time ago.

I can tell you right now that there will never be another golden age of wrestling.

The 'golden age' of wrestling, had plenty of stuff, just as crappy though..

I thought the worst thing about it was that they did the exact same fucking skit 3 years ago with HHH and Hurricane. They copied it even down to the ending of pulling a fake head out and all. Do they really think no one remembers what happened 3 years ago?

Guest *KNK*

You might as well start watching Japanese wrestling, cuz TNA ain't much better. Well, come to think about it, Japan is in a slump now too. Wrestling just sucks anymore.

Three things that TNA does better then WWE

1. Let the wrestlers do their profession and don't limit them

2. Have more then 4 main eventers

3. They don't have storylines completely revolving Don West.

Wrestling doesn't suck. Great wrestling is EASILY attainable.

Guest Fook_Theta

I was only half watching it but the worst part was it seemed to drag on, and the soundbites they kept splicing into the skit was even more stupid than Vince pulling things out of a mock JR ass.

Wonder if they'll release a colon cancer wrestling set some time in the future.

Well of course when you put it like that, anything can sound good. Don't act like there's not bad that accompanies TNA also. For instance I could say..

1. The wrestlers that they don't limit, seem to only be the lower card guys. (Well, Xdivision is technically lower card)

2. All those main eventers always seem to be fighting against Jeff Jarrett though

3. True, but Larry Zbysko does make a pretty damn pointless, and annoying, appearence every week.

edit- Not to mention they only have 1 hr a week, so they're already cramming, they don't have room for that. But when they did have 2 hrs, a lot of their shows were based around fucking Vince Russo. (Albeit AJ got a title reign out of it so that was good) And that's just as bad as Mcmahon.

I'm a TNA fan too, but damn, it's still far from being "great wrestling"

I'll admit I laughed when they re-hashed the noises from JR being set on fire by Kane, but really this was just a stupid segment, and nothing more. I think the worst part is that it went absolutely nowhere... It was just Vince taking 10 minutes to call the crowd stupid. They didn't even hype the Coach/Austin match.

With all the hate for wrestling now, I have to ask you TSM'ers... Do you think 05 is worse than 02?

This is what happens when you hire writers not funny enough for SNL and Madtv. You get a unfunny skit that drags and drags and drags.

Worse yet, watch the ratings go up.

With all the hate for wrestling now, I have to ask you TSM'ers... Do you think 05 is worse than 02?

Wrestling in general? No, the indy scene wasn't too bad in 2002.

In 2005? Fuck...lot of the best are either retired or handcuffed.

That's what disgusted me worse about this tonight than the Katie Vick angle. Yeah, that was at that point the worst shit I'd ever seen on Raw, but this thing tonight was even worse. The Katie Vick angle was obvious bullshit from the start, it was hardly a real life situation. The Jim Ross surgery is a very real and serious matter.

Maybe I am so angry about this because my dad had a similar colon surgery in 1992 (he had pockets of infection on his colon that burst). It's a very serious and life threatening surgery. It is NOT something to be made fun of on TV.

That's what disgusted me worse about this tonight than the Katie Vick angle.  Yeah, that was at that point the worst shit I'd ever seen on Raw, but this thing tonight was even worse.  The Katie Vick angle was obvious bullshit from the start, it was hardly a real life situation.  The Jim Ross surgery is a very real and serious matter.

Maybe I am so angry about this because my dad had a similar colon surgery in 1992 (he had pockets of infection on his colon that burst).  It's a very serious and life threatening surgery.  It is NOT something to be made fun of on TV.

Neither are birth defections, but they're doing that over on SD aren't they?

None of these angles are more fictional then another just because they picked a random name out of a hat, rather then using a real one.

This is what happens when you hire writers not funny enough for SNL and Madtv. You get a unfunny skit that drags and drags and drags.

Ratings went down after Katie Vick, didn't they? The people that liked it have to be in the minority, can't see why ratings would go up.

Ratings went down after Katie Vick, didn't they? The people that liked it have to be in the minority, can't see why ratings would go up.

Evil always triumphs.

last month when nothing eventful happened in Batista vs. Eddie.

We still have another month worth of build-up. Have faith. :)

All I know is that I tuned into Raw and saw Coach calling out Austin.

And I thought, "I can continue to watch yet another angle where a crippled wrestler fights an announcer, or I can change the channel."

It wasn't a difficult decision. And as a bonus, I missed Katie Vick Redux.

Guest *KNK*

Well of course when you put it like that, anything can sound good. Don't act like there's not bad that accompanies TNA also. For instance I could say..

1. The wrestlers that they don't limit, seem to only be the lower card guys. (Well, Xdivision is technically lower card)

2. All those main eventers always seem to be fighting against Jeff Jarrett though

3. True, but Larry Zbysko does make a pretty damn pointless, and annoying, appearence every week.

edit- Not to mention they only have 1 hr a week, so they're already cramming, they don't have room for that. But when they did have 2 hrs, a lot of their shows were based around fucking Vince Russo. (Albeit AJ got a title reign out of it so that was good) And that's just as bad as Mcmahon.

I'm a TNA fan too, but damn, it's still far from being "great wrestling"

GREAT wrestling is offered in the form of ROH. A real fan will pay for what he says he loves. One regular show is 1/2 the price of a shitty WWE PPV.

Exslade, I assume you are talking about Jillian and her mole in terms of the birth defect on Smackdown? There's a big difference in teasing a chick a bit over an obviously phony facial attachment and making fun of Jim Ross for having a very real colon surgery.

I  thought the worst thing about it was that they did the exact same fucking skit 3 years ago with HHH and Hurricane. They copied it even down to the ending of pulling a fake head out and all. Do they really think no one remembers what happened 3 years ago?

I'd have to call this segment far worse. First, simply because it is a direct rip off of a (bad) previous segment. Second, it didn't have the one saving grace of the HHH one, that being (mild) comical value; the different Hunter faces were pretty funny. But the absolute nail in the coffin was Vince masturbating his ego throughout the whole fucking thing. There was no need for boobs to be there. We got that Vince is evil and he's degrading JR, we got it. Boobs served no purpose other than letting Vince get his jollies and show off his power once again.

I just turned my tv on and the only thing I could say was "What the fuck?" . Its a great monday when you just turn on the tv to watch wrestling and you see that shit. What the fuck is wrong with people.