TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

Jerry Jarrett at WWE Headquarters.

HUH??!! More info please......

I can't even beging to speculate what this is about. Jarrett stepping in a WWE office makes me wonder what the hell his role in TNA is these days.

That'd be my guess too, since Jarrett and/or Lawler are the ones who own all that footage.

It's just hyperbole on WWE's part to make it seem like OMG INVASION~! or OMG VINCE IS BUYING TNA~!, but Jarrett isn't a majority owner, so that's not happening.

If this is just about old tapes, why mention that Jerry Jarrett was not alone? Are we supposed to believe that a certain other Jarrett made the trip too?

Jeff Jarrett, career-wise, would be absolutely stupid to think he'd get a fair shake in WWE. He'd be hired for humiliation, and he knows it.

I'd be surprised to see Jarrett do ANYTHING with his #1 business competitor, much less sell of a goldmine like the Memphis library. Why not use that for TNA's advantage and have a mini 'Memphis 24/7' site that links to the TNA page?

That'd be my guess too, since Jarrett and/or Lawler are the ones who own all that footage.

It's just hyperbole on WWE's part to make it seem like OMG INVASION~! or OMG VINCE IS BUYING TNA~!, but Jarrett isn't a majority owner, so that's not happening.

No way, it's got to mean that he bought TNA! They wouldn't mention something like that, knowing that's what the fans would assume, and then have it not be true? The WWE wouldn't tease us would they?

Oh shit, Vince-logic. I forgot.

If I had a conspiracy theory, it would be more along the lines of OMG VINCE IS TRYING TO SABOTAGE TNA~! If I had a conspiracy theory, that is...

I'd be surprised to see Jarrett do ANYTHING with his #1 business competitor, much less sell of a goldmine like the Memphis library. Why not use that for TNA's advantage and have a mini 'Memphis 24/7' site that links to the TNA page?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Jerry has any sort of stock in TNA anymore. Isn't it just Jeff who owns a percentage?

Also, Jerry selling the tapes could make him a pretty-penny, and if it turns out he does still have stock in TNA, that could also be a good thing.

From Wikipedia:

From its formation, TNA lost large sums of money, leading to the initial investor, HealthSouth Corp, withdrawing financial support. In October 2002, Jerry Jarrett sold his controlling interest in the company to the privately-held company Panda Energy International. On October 31, 2002, Panda Energy and J Sports and Entertainment created the limited liability company TNA Entertainment (J Sports and Entertainment was later dissolved). Jeff Jarrett was appointed Vice-President of TNA Entertainment, while Dixie Carter, the daughter of Panda Energy chairman and chief executive officer Robert W. Carter and a former TNA publicist, was appointed President. Panda Energy owns 71% of TNA Entertainment, LLC.

Update:

Jerry Jarrett talks to WWE.com

Oct. 28, 2005

Longtime wrestling promoter Jerry Jarrett met with WWE officials this morning in Stamford, Conn., and he was not alone.

In between meetings, Mr. Jarrett was able to offer WWE.com a quick quote regarding possibly working with WWE.

"I've been friends with the McMahons going back to Vince's father," Jarrett said. "So, who knows? The only thing I know for sure about life and the wrestling business is that it will be different tomorrow than it is today. It is constantly a kaleidoscope that is subject to change."

Check back later today, as WWE.com hopes to get more specifics on Jarrett's meetings with WWE officials.

On a somewhat unrelated note, wasn't Jerry Jarrett penciled in to take control of the WWF if McMahon had been convicted of steriods charges? I would guess they have to be on somewhat amicable terms despite TNA.

From wrestlingobserver.com:

--Jerry Jarrett was in the WWE offices and it was made a pretty public deal. Jarrett had called Jerry Lawler recently and told him about being disenchanted with TNA, believing he put the company on the map and now that it is on the verge of success, he has pretty much no power. With the exception of working at the Gorilla position at tapings, Jerry Jarrett has virtually no involvement in the company at this point in time. In May, he was vocal against putting the new creative team in place and told anyone who would listen that they would fail. When they didn't tank the company, his opinions stopped being listened to. The story is he was there to negotiate with WWE for a big Russian he was representing, but at the meeting, made it clear he was unhappy with TNA. Virtually nobody, and that includes the people closest to Jeff, were aware he was going. The "other guy" that the WWE web site doesn't say but wants everyone to believe was Jeff, would have been the Russian, whose name we're not aware of. The way the story is being slipped out on the internet is a very public FU to TNA from WWE, and no doubt, Jerry perhaps even more, knowing it'll shake everyone up. To say people in TNA are pretty furious at Jerry for how he played this game would be an understatement. Stories that Jerry was there to sell the Memphis tape collection are entirely untrue as he has no rights to the collection. Jarrett sold his 50% of the company to Jerry Lawler circa 1997, who in turn sold it to a Cleveland based group, who in turn, put it quickly out of business resulting in a messy lawsuit.

Guest SavageRulz

I can't believe this. This is a huge up yours to TNA at the worst possible time.

Guest tony manero

Does anyone know about this Russian guy? It seems pretty random given the scope of the story.

So basically, the WWE talked to Jerry about his big stupid Russian and this is bad for TNA...how? Everyone has been saying the worst things happening to TNA were the Jarretts so when one of them might be going bye bye, it's a big deal? TNA is probably just pissed because Jerry IS the dad of the company's number one heel, but other than that he is really nothing to them anymore.

The only negatives I see are the WWE might end up with Jerry Jarrett: Wrestling agent and a big Russian.

Guest *KNK*

I'm gonna assume the russian is simply a business partner of Jerry's. Unless Jerry did some deep scouting and discovered a russian wrestler in Orlando.

Guest SavageRulz

From WWE.com

By Jarrett's side throughout his meetings with Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis (Vice President of Talent Relations for WWE) was a 6-foot-6, 310 pound monster of a man called Oleg Prudius.

"I know they were both impressed with Oleg, as is anyone that meets him," said Jarrett as he left WWE Headquarters Friday afternoon. "He's an exceptional person and a special athlete."

So with Jarrett's backing, is Prudius on his way to WWE Superstardom?

"He's a future prospect who is very interested in WWE," said Laurinaitis after meeting with Jarrett and Prudius. "He comes from a very highly-regarded amateur background. And hopefully, if things work out on both sides, we can maybe do business together."

Guest *KNK*

Who wants to bet, Prudius has been waiting in Jerry's wings for awhile now and Jerry was waiting to see which company he'd sell him to.

After TNA and Panda essentially kicked him out, he made his decision.

So if Lawler doesn't own the Memphis tape collection, and Jerry Jarrett doesn't own it, and the group they sold it to is long since out of buisness, who owns the rights to it now?

*Edit* Never mind, I mis-read it, at least I think. The Clevland based group didn't go out of Buisness, they put USWA out of buisness after the aquired it.