TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 10/31/05

What would happen if the Clique (including Flair) were no longer in WWE?

VISamania would run wild.

LOL @ the fans chanting You Tapped Out at Cena. Excellent.

I'm wondering if WWE would cave to fan reactions and try a double turn with Cena and Angle. I know it wouldn't work since Cena still gets enough face pops to make him a popular face champ, but it would still be interesting to theorize.

At this point, I don't think WWE could turn Kurt Angle completely face. Fans are just too used to booing him. It would take another national tragedy for fans to rally behind Angle.

Well, one could make the argument that this show...

Never mind, it's too obvious.

At this point, I see Shawn winning the title @ TT and having him just drop the title back to Hunter @ Armageddon in some super gimmick match so Cena can do the chase. 

I mean Cena, the WWE champion is basically the #5face on the show behind Jim Ross, HBK, Foley and Austin.

I was thinking the same thing.

Plus, as currently portrayed, Cena is more stale than a mushy cheeto you found under the couch.

Even the announcers are mentioning how weird tonights show has been.

I love that the crowd is turning against Cena.

Guest *KNK*

I'm wondering if WWE would cave to fan reactions and try a double turn with Cena and Angle. I know it wouldn't work since Cena still gets enough face pops to make him a popular face champ, but it would still be interesting to theorize.

If they were to present Angle as the legitimate athlete who deserves a championship, and Cena as some carefully processed corporate figure (Ala Rock in late 98) who's all flash and no substance, it could work.

The thing is, The Rock never really changed his character from NOD ROCK to brief tweener rock to Corporate Rock.

He was essentially the same guy. That's a complete make over for Cena. He'd basically have to no longer play to the crowd and revert to the 2003 summer heel he was to get that transformation.

Saw a kid at the skating rink Saturday... had a Cena jersey. Had the medallion. Had the hat... and when he took the Jersey off, he had a Cena shirt. Yeah, Cena has his fans.

Wow, who didn't see THAT finish coming.

We must have Eric Bischoff run to the ring, blow his quad about half way there. RAW wrestlers come out and attack John Cena and Shawn Michaels for no reason and the Smackdown superstars make the save. After fighting off the RAW superstars, the Smackdown superstars then turn on John Cena and Shawn Michaels. Stephanie McMahon's music hits but it is actually Steve Austin dressed as Stephane McMahon. He attacks The Coach at the announce table and then enters the ring to stun all of the Smackdown superstars. Fade to black.

Guest *KNK*
At this point, I see Shawn winning the title @ TT and having him just drop the title back to Hunter @ Armageddon in some super gimmick match so Cena can do the chase. 

I mean Cena, the WWE champion is basically the #5face on the show behind Jim Ross, HBK, Foley and Austin.

I was thinking the same thing.

Plus, as currently portrayed, Cena is more stale than a mushy cheeto you found under the couch.

Actually, the more I think about it...It's gotta be where they are going. Shawn goes over Angle and gets that "final victory", Cena keeps his "you didn't beat me heat" and it gives them a way to put the title on Hunter without giving away Cena/HHH. The obvious Mania program.

And with these Hardy-like Cena fans, I can't tell if someone's about to run down or not, because they keep screaming. I keep getting excited and no it's just because Cena's walking.

We must have Eric Bischoff run to the ring, blow his quad about half way there.  RAW wrestlers come out and attack John Cena and Shawn Michaels for no reason and the Smackdown superstars make the save.  After fighting off the RAW superstars, the Smackdown superstars then turn on John Cena and Shawn Michaels.  Stephanie McMahon's music hits but it is actually Steve Austin dressed as Stephane McMahon.  He attacks The Coach at the announce table and then enters the ring to stun all of the Smackdown superstars.  Fade to black.

That would be the greatest clusterfuck of all time.

If they were to present Angle as the legitimate athlete who deserves a championship, and Cena as some carefully processed corporate figure (Ala Rock in late 98) who's all flash and no substance, it could work.

The thing is, The Rock never really changed his character from NOD ROCK to brief tweener rock to Corporate Rock.

He was essentially the same guy. That's a complete make over for Cena. He'd basically have to no longer play to the crowd and revert to the 2003 summer heel he was to get that transformation.

Tone down any pandering (real representing real) and exaggerate Cena talking about how legitimate he is, and all his rap sucess, (somewhat like Rock promoting his movie stautus) and how he has made something of himself unlike some, and give him some ridiculous bling-bling, could possibly help.

Guest JMA

He was essentially the same guy.  That's a complete make over for Cena.  He'd basically have to no longer play to the crowd and revert to the 2003 summer heel he was to get that transformation.

They neutered Cena's character by making him a typical babyface. Oddly enough, they did the same thing with Shawn Michaels after he won his first title. Shawn still stayed popular, though.

We must have Eric Bischoff run to the ring, blow his quad about half way there.  RAW wrestlers come out and attack John Cena and Shawn Michaels for no reason and the Smackdown superstars make the save.  After fighting off the RAW superstars, the Smackdown superstars then turn on John Cena and Shawn Michaels.  Stephanie McMahon's music hits but it is actually Steve Austin dressed as Stephane McMahon.  He attacks The Coach at the announce table and then enters the ring to stun all of the Smackdown superstars.  Fade to black.

That would be the greatest clusterfuck of all time.

And a perfectly confusing way to end this confusing show.

Guest *KNK*

Why didnt they just go ahead and put Shawn in there and make up another "choose the stip" situation.

This only cements my belief that Shawn wins @ TT to say he was "The Chosen One".

Well, tonights show was...odd, to put it lightly. Not as bad as some people thought it was, but bad none the less. At least it was watchable, in a so-bad-it's-good sort of way.

This only cements my belief that Shawn wins @ TT to say he was "The Chosen One".

kung4.jpg

He thinks he's Steve Odedkirk?