TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

WWE's loss (and character-wise this is HUGE) is TNA's gain if Christian so chooses. The TNA mooks would eat him up somethin' fierce and if TNA is smart they'll just let him run wild on the mic on his debut.

I'm guessing that the absolutely piss-poor way the WWE handled his mini-feud with Cena was the nail in the coffin for him. The segment where Cena debuted on the Highlight Reel was smokin but the cap-off for me was when Christians music hit and I thought "Now we're talkin". Imagine my (not so) surprised reaction when Cena handled him like a bitch.

I suppose he could always sit at home and do nothing until WWE decided to offer him a contract he didn't need to read and sign on the spot... but TNA is probably more likely.

I'm a bit conflicted as I loved Christian in the WWE but now that I have easy access to TNA, if WWE is going to ignore him being over, let him go. I just hope WWE doesn't own "peeps".

If they want a talented guy to lose every match while getting over with the fans, call Noble up. Give him a cape and mask, call him Captain Charisma, and have Cole and Tazz pretend it's still Christian. Fake Razor and Diesel reborn!

Guest Fishyswa

Can't wait to see the new TNA main eventer.... JAY RESO!!!!

Shame, one of those vets who was just valuable no matter how you used him. Hopefully he goes somewhere where he can really get time to make an impression.

Guest SavageRulz

Something that I just thought of with regards to Christian's contract expiring. Since he wasn't released and he didn't walk out on the company, does this mean that the no compete clause is void? I mean he fulfilled his contractual obligations, and just chose not to re-sign. If the no compete clause is in fact void in this instance, it'll be interesting to see whether or not TNA takes advantage of this and tries to grab Christian and debut him as soon as the Nov. 13 Genesis PPV.

That's fucking terrible.

And I think it's been established that his no-compete clause is void because he just let his contract run-out as opposed to re-signing and asking for a release.

Guest nokia

And that was the last member of the Unamericans kicked to the side by the wwe....

Thanks "nameless jobber to the untalanted "stars"" for all the memories

Damn, and the guy was finally showing off the skill I felt would make him a future WWE main eventer. I cannot believe they just let him rot until his deal ran out. I mean seriously, what was so fucking important the WWE couldn't work out a good deal with him?

And sign on the fucking spot? Is the WWE the mob now? No talks, just either sign what we offer or get out.

Stupid WWE bullshit.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Good on Christian for calling the shots in his career. It'll be a while before the WWE sees it but they needed him much more than he needs them.

I honestly don't think WWE was all that high on Christian in the first place. I always saw that they thought he was a guy with a certain charisma to him and that couldn't be ignored and push him as a mouthpiece, not a wrestler.

ROH will definatley snatch this guy up even though they often say they don't want any sports entertaining rejects working for them (then again, Jeff Hardy worked a show for them)

I don't mean to sound so negative. But I'm tired of reading all of the "now they can go to TNA and become a star" posts anytime someone leaves or gets fired.

I haven't watched Smackdown in a month. I keep forgetting it's on. And now I have even less reason to remember it.

Guest nokia

If my memory does me justice;

Wasn't it Test & Storm in the un americans?

And they're all gone now

Well I certainly didn't expect to see this today, but it's for the best I suppose. I've actually thought that WWE was going to push the guy, and they seem to start to do so, but they never go all the way with him. He's not outstanding in the ring, but he's above average, but his fantastic mic skills make up for his lacking in the ring.

As far as the overall package goes, I'd say he was in my top five or so in WWE, so I'll miss him.

If possible, I'd like to see TNA put together some sort of taped video package/promo of Christian, and have it air during the Thursday night special. He obviously can't be on the actual show, so a taped package would be great. Either build up his debut for the next Impact, or at least the next PPV.

I could see him really getting over huge in TNA. Hell, if Lance Hoyt can get so over in TNA, and if Rhino can win the world title, Christian will be a major player without a doubt, and in my eyes, he deserves it.

This could easily prove to be Christian's best career move ever.

If my memory does me justice;

Wasn't it Test & Storm in the un americans?

And they're all gone now

The Un-Americans were Regal, Storm, Christian & Test.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profi...-americans.html

Regal is still with the company and Storm "retired" and now trains guys down in OVW. The only other Un-American that was released was Test.